Groups

Birthday party for kids at the cinema? Party food help.

Has anyone done a Birthday party for kids at the cinema? Taking 50 kids and some parents and wondered what party food we can do for ease. Its for 5 years old at a 10am showing.

was thinking sandwiches but maybe not easy to bring that many?

Cinema have said we can bring food just nothing hot and smelly.

Anyone else done a party at the cinema? Any advice.

13 Comments

Get party boxes and put sandwich, crisps ,sweets ,carton drink and cone of popcorn inside.
    Also check with the cinema and see if they have any spare posters for the film that you are going to see. Makes a great extra something for the kids. ( I did this a few years ago...worked a treat) Good luck with all theses kids

I second party boxes! We done a cinema party for my son a few years back. It actually worked really well! Put a drink in each and sandwiches sweets and popcorn. All the kids seemed happy and although took some time to sort before the party it made it very simple on the day

50 kids and some parents. Hats off to you for that.

Original Poster

windym

50 kids and some parents. Hats off to you for that.

​tell me about it. will be fun.

Original Poster

manda03

Get party boxes and put sandwich, crisps ,sweets ,carton drink and cone … Get party boxes and put sandwich, crisps ,sweets ,carton drink and cone of popcorn inside.Also check with the cinema and see if they have any spare posters for the film that you are going to see. Makes a great extra something for the kids. ( I did this a few years ago...worked a treat) Good luck with all theses kids

​Thanks for the great idea. just been looking for boxes on your recommendation and going to go with what you said, so nice and simple.

Original Poster

BudgetAngel

I second party boxes! We done a cinema party for my son a few years back. … I second party boxes! We done a cinema party for my son a few years back. It actually worked really well! Put a drink in each and sandwiches sweets and popcorn. All the kids seemed happy and although took some time to sort before the party it made it very simple on the day

​Sounds a great idea. been searching party boxes and going to do sandwiches and snacks in each. so nice and simple. Cheers

Hey at my local cinema you can pay a fixed price to hire the whole screen room, my sister did this last year.

Can I be cheeky and ask if you have to pay per person (and a diff adult/child price) or whether as buzymum said it is just a flat fee? Sounds like a great idea to bear in mind (esp as sibling birthdays are close!)....also is it a big chain cinema or a local independent one and could you choose the film? Sorry for all the questions, i've never thought of it before! We've used the party boxes before too, you can just carry them all boxed ready on the big shallow fruit boxes you get from the supermarket and they come in all sorts of kids designs, they are definitely less messy to clear up! Thanks and enjoy the party x

MummyBunnekins

Can I be cheeky and ask if you have to pay per person (and a diff … Can I be cheeky and ask if you have to pay per person (and a diff adult/child price) or whether as buzymum said it is just a flat fee? Sounds like a great idea to bear in mind (esp as sibling birthdays are close!)....also is it a big chain cinema or a local independent one and could you choose the film? Sorry for all the questions, i've never thought of it before! We've used the party boxes before too, you can just carry them all boxed ready on the big shallow fruit boxes you get from the supermarket and they come in all sorts of kids designs, they are definitely less messy to clear up! Thanks and enjoy the party x

Just to add to this: Are they watching a Toy Story film?
    Edited by: "Firefly1" 15th Mar

Original Poster

Firefly1

Just to add to this: Are they watching a Toy Story film?

​Yes you can hire the whole screen. You pay a fee for the whole screen and it's the latest film too. they do it at most cinemas. this is Vue cinema.

Original Poster

MummyBunnekins

Can I be cheeky and ask if you have to pay per person (and a diff … Can I be cheeky and ask if you have to pay per person (and a diff adult/child price) or whether as buzymum said it is just a flat fee? Sounds like a great idea to bear in mind (esp as sibling birthdays are close!)....also is it a big chain cinema or a local independent one and could you choose the film? Sorry for all the questions, i've never thought of it before! We've used the party boxes before too, you can just carry them all boxed ready on the big shallow fruit boxes you get from the supermarket and they come in all sorts of kids designs, they are definitely less messy to clear up! Thanks and enjoy the party x

​Yes you can hire the whole screen. You pay a fee for the whole screen and it's the latest film too. they do it at most cinemas. this is Vue cinema.

It's probably cheaper to just do one of the kids showings on a weekend. It's £1 each in Telford. As long as you get there early enough everybody will gets seats together..

Sounds really good, nice to have another idea! Thanks x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share715
      2. word association Game73944490
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929

See more discussions