Groups

Birthday Presents...

...in particular one for my mum. I'm rather stuck for ideas and as this is a place with items and products galore I thought I'd ask you guys for suggestions.

Budget at around 50 squids please. Thanks in advance as well.

9 Comments

How old is your mum? Does she have any hobbies or interests?

Original Poster

She'll be turning 50. As for hobbies and stuff - travel, reading, gardening. But as she's turning 50 I'd like it to be something a bit special and different.

Yeah, for a 50th you need it to be special.

How about a surprise weekend away?

Holiday Inn where doing 2 nights for the price of 1 recently, you could check that one out and see if it's still running. Failing that register with the big well known hotel chains and you frequently get e-mails for offers, promotions etc.

Hope this helps!

And a very happy birthday to your Mum

i would think dinner and a show would be great or just one of them considering budget my mum would love either .

Seen as she's of the age for kids and possible grandkids how about a nice expensive photo album filled with photo's of all the family. You probably have hundreds (hard or digital) of all ages.

Spend over the top on the album to get a quality one that you would never buy for yourself.

It will last forever and hopefully remind her of good times.

Maybe even look at scrapbooking ideas where they stick a ticket for a show the photo is from etc etc.

Google scrapbooking to see what I mean. It can look really effective.

][COLOR="red"]this place seems to do a good range of photo albums[/COLOR]

Admin

Yeah I'd ditto what Greg says, put some time into creating an album for her, she'll appreciate the sentimentallity of it too x

how about one of the digital photo frames - with pics already loaded

Original Poster

Cheers guys, I do really like the idea of a photo album. Dinner and a show also sounds like an excellent idea, I'll have to see what's showing around that time.

I've still got a couple more weeks to mull all the ideas over.

So she's going to be 50, and you're budget is £50. Well how about a £50 note!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2597
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it33
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764427
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good11

See more discussions