Groups

'Birthdays' Greeting cards in administration

Around 2,100 retail jobs are at risk after the Birthdays greetings card business was placed into administration.

22 Comments

Really ? I work there !!

Oh no

Original Poster

suze;5277048

Really ? Where did you find this ? I work there !!

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

and above sky news link .......

suze;5277048

Really ? I work there !!

hope they find a buyer suze - and your job is safe

have you rung your manager?

fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Banned

suze;5277048

Really ? I work there !!

Internal comms are good then!

Our area manager has told us there is a possibility of our shop being rebranded as a Clintons store as we are amongst the top selling Birthdays stores. So, it's fingers crossed time.

Oh dear
    Theyve just spent ages doin the 1 in my town up n only recently opened it again :oops:

Original Poster

suze;5277146

Our area manager has told us there is a possibility of our shop being … Our area manager has told us there is a possibility of our shop being rebranded as a Clintons store as we are amongst the top selling Birthdays stores. So, it's fingers crossed time.

Lets hope so ....... :thumbsup:

suze;5277146

Our area manager has told us there is a possibility of our shop being … Our area manager has told us there is a possibility of our shop being rebranded as a Clintons store as we are amongst the top selling Birthdays stores. So, it's fingers crossed time.

Hope so hun :thumbsup: xx

At least they will still sell a lot of ' Good Luck in Your New Job' Cards :-D

Banned

suze;5277048

Really ? I work there !!

I always thought you worked for thorntons :?

anyway hope it comes good for you x

Original Poster

sassie;5277512

I always thought you worked for thorntons :?anyway hope it comes good for … I always thought you worked for thorntons :?anyway hope it comes good for you x

So did i .........

I work on the Thorntons franchise bit in Birthdays - very confusing, Clintons own us, trade as Birthdays but I am Supervisor for Thorntons.

My employer is Clintons / Birthdays

Banned

suze;5277636

I work on the Thorntons franchise bit in Birthdays - very confusing, … I work on the Thorntons franchise bit in Birthdays - very confusing, Clintons own us, trade as Birthdays but I am Supervisor for Thorntons.My employer is Clintons / Birthdays

oh didnt even now there was that in birthdays, well there certainly isnt in shrewsbury, birthdays here aint big enough to swing a cat let alone cards and choccies - lol

sassie;5277660

oh didnt even now there was that in birthdays, well there certainly isnt … oh didnt even now there was that in birthdays, well there certainly isnt in shrewsbury, birthdays here aint big enough to swing a cat let alone cards and choccies - lol

Our store is quite big.

My Thorntons gets delivered on Thursdays. The driver turned up at Thorntons early hours this morning to pick up our delivery and was sent away .........

Stupid thing is I had notification only yesterday to put my Thorntons order in (for next weeks delivery) today rather than the usual Monday due to Bank Holiday ! :roll:

Clintons > Birthdays.

That's a lie actually, Clinton's selection is dung, Birthdays have a wider range (of cards for your girlfriend's birthday or for any occasion girlfriend related). It's so forking hard to find a decent card that I haven't bought before. The card makers should be ashamed of themselves :x

DragonChris;5277988

Clintons Birthdays.That's a lie actually, Clinton's selection is dung, … Clintons > Birthdays.That's a lie actually, Clinton's selection is dung, Birthdays have a wider range (of cards for your girlfriend's birthday or for any occasion girlfriend related). It's so forking hard to find a decent card that I haven't bought before. The card makers should be ashamed of themselves :x

You seem to be basing the fact that Birthdays and Clintons are not the same company on the premise that your local Birthdays shop has a better choice than your local Clintons shop. Hardly definitive proof and hardly a reason to call someone a liar.

The Birthdays here shut a while a back ( now a mobile phone shop ) maybe cos they had a Clintons just opposite.

Banned

Birthdays is a pile of ***** anyway. Rebrand them as Clintons and move on. Why didn't this happen in 2004?!

4leafed;5279200

You seem to be basing the fact that Birthdays and Clintons are not the … You seem to be basing the fact that Birthdays and Clintons are not the same company on the premise that your local Birthdays shop has a better choice than your local Clintons shop. Hardly definitive proof and hardly a reason to call someone a liar.

Calling myself a liar is a crime these days?

And stating that clintons card selection in Northern Ireland is crap and Birthdays frequently has a better selection is wrong too?

Come on.

Birthdays in Northampton got turned into a Costa a while back.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions