Bit confused and i dont know if its just me being silly...

17 replies
Found 30th Mar 2009
...im travelling to mexico for a holiday at the end of may (all paid for now yippeeee) and im trying to find out what currency they accept over there? is it american dollars or mexican pesos?? im going to puerto aventuras which is near cancun if anybody can help!?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

both, and you can haggle for everything!!!

Original Poster

hibees;4783153

both, and you can haggle for everything!!!

oh really!!?? wooooooooooo...ive work in sales and im fed up of people haggling me so its payback!!!!

get more for your money if you haggle with us dollars.
p.s. don't drink the water

Hi, hope you have a fab holiday. went to mexico last year we took all US dollars, they accept both currencies wherever you go. i would check out the exchange rate and get the best deal.

Original Poster

adanac1970;4783203

get more for your money if you haggle with us dollars.p.s. don't drink … get more for your money if you haggle with us dollars.p.s. don't drink the water

i think its mostly alcohol planning on being consumed =D

i think i'll get dollars, plus i'll have my card with me for emergencies

when i was there i was told by travel agent to take pesos but when got there all they would take is us dollars so had to get em all changed

Original Poster

fojo24;4783209

Hi, hope you have a fab holiday. went to mexico last year we took all US … Hi, hope you have a fab holiday. went to mexico last year we took all US dollars, they accept both currencies wherever you go. i would check out the exchange rate and get the best deal.

thankyou, me and my gf are very excited!! first holiday together and first holiday out of europe!!!!

my maths is not the best so it might be an idea to check with a travel agent but when i was there if something cost 100 peso's then its cost in dollars was 10. at the minute 10 dollars would cost you approx 7.30 but 100 peso'c costs 5.25. so peso's may get you more for your money.

hope you and your gf have a great time the sea is like stepping into the bath,me oh and kids are off to cuba again on the 4th june i cant wait either.

Original Poster

greyparrot;4783348

hope you and your gf have a great time the sea is like stepping into the … hope you and your gf have a great time the sea is like stepping into the bath,me oh and kids are off to cuba again on the 4th june i cant wait either.

i have heard the average temp of the sea is like 23 degrees which is warm as anything. yeah we really really cant wait. i tan easy as well so i should come bk quite dark! i cant wait to just chill out n also see the sights havent had a holiday for bout 4 years!

When a few years back BK (before kids) I know they preferred dollars then, and especially when you arrive at the airport we had to pay some kind of Tax in dollars. Have Fun. PS If they still do the speedboat and snorkel excursion I highly recommend it.

Original Poster

gonna do the snorkling for sure. and anything else we can do! i know they have a massive coral reef there and dolphins so gonna swim with them too!!! ahhhhhhhhh all this talk makes me want to go so much more!

im pretty sure that the travel agent said US Dollars when we first booked it but i cant remember, i'll pop in and ask em!

you should def do the dolphin swim we did it and its the most amazing experience i have ever had.one ill remember forever, my hubby did loads of snorkelling but he also went scuba diving that really messed up his ears so dont do it the day before you fly home as you will be in agony.

beware of carpet sellers

Original Poster

owlass;4784091

beware of carpet sellers

lol random! im not buying a carpet while im on holiday....unless its magic ;-)

na i heard all about these dodgy people!

stephen2k5;4784149

lol random! im not buying a carpet while im on holiday....unless its … lol random! im not buying a carpet while im on holiday....unless its magic ;-) na i heard all about these dodgy people!

they'll get ya

...... underlay underlay yariba

owlass;4784091

beware of carpet sellers

What a piece of excellent advice, will need one though in hospital with a couple of pigs for company ('swine' get it?).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769413
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604808
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3283
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…47104

See more discussions