EXPIRED

Bit of a long shot but any ideas for my sons 1980's fashion show at primary school?

He doesn't fancy Boy George or Adam Ant - any ideas greatly received :-)

22 Comments

Goonies or Ghostbuster? Or the teenage mutant ninja turtles, they were huge in the 80's

Elton john , michael J fox back to the future, arnie in the terminator????

http://images.esellerpro.com/2372/I/393/4/FDF_30377.jpg

http://img.joke.co.uk/images/products/jmw-v3/small/68613.png

Bros - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a4/The_Best_of_Bros_cover.jpeg/220px-The_Best_of_Bros_cover.jpeg

Bros

Butterbean

Flock of … Flock of Seagulls?[img]https://bestofthe80s.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/flock.jpg?w=158&h=300[/img]

class

no particular answer, but try putting in eighties fashion and eighties fancy dress into google and see what was good then.
good luck

Kenny Everetts Cupid stunt?

Day Glow colours , odd socks in glow colour, shirt saying frankie says , jeans and Jean jacket. .?

Cravat is a must , and a Hepworths made to measure suit . Smart was in then - unless you were a punk Nearly forgot -a few splashes of Brut -never failed
Edited by: "rogparki" 13th Dec 2014

new wave also a lot of black and white 2 tone ... specials, blondie, madness

Piece of rubble from the Berlin Wall

Nick Heyward had some interesting and identifiable looks, or you could go with the football shirt from his team with a curly perm wig.

Haircut 100, jeans, trainers, cricket jumper. Could have jumper on back with arms around neck. "RELAX" T-shirt. Yer I wos there! :-)

suezygirl

Day Glow colours , odd socks in glow colour, shirt saying frankie says , … Day Glow colours , odd socks in glow colour, shirt saying frankie says , jeans and Jean jacket. .?

someone downvoted you, I fixed it because this post is absolute 80's to me. At 45, I was well and truly there while this was happening. Everyone had a Frankie says tshirt.

good luck! Got something similar for my daughter - has to dress as someone from 1994, bloomin nightmare!

Beetlemama

someone downvoted you, I fixed it because this post is absolute 80's to … someone downvoted you, I fixed it because this post is absolute 80's to me. At 45, I was well and truly there while this was happening. Everyone had a Frankie says tshirt.

I remember it well , awful fashion sense really but it was popular , wham did a video not sure which one and they are wearing white , day glo and slogan shirts . Ahhhh those were the days !

suezygirl

I remember it well , awful fashion sense really but it was popular , wham … I remember it well , awful fashion sense really but it was popular , wham did a video not sure which one and they are wearing white , day glo and slogan shirts . Ahhhh those were the days !

It was really bad wasn't it, lol.

Beetlemama

It was really bad wasn't it, lol.

Yes it was bad , I had a boyfriend at the time who worked in a men's clothes shop , he wore pink shirts and yellow ties or opposite colours , I thought he was the bees knees ! He did look a wally and thought he was the bees knees lol

breakfast club characters

suezygirl

Yes it was bad , I had a boyfriend at the time who worked in a men's … Yes it was bad , I had a boyfriend at the time who worked in a men's clothes shop , he wore pink shirts and yellow ties or opposite colours , I thought he was the bees knees ! He did look a wally and thought he was the bees knees lol

Still, none of it can compare to our photos of us in the 70's eh? Mother what did you dress me in?? "You liked to choose your own clothes." I had a shocking perm in the 90's too, so maybe it wasn't all bad lol

I'd got for Madness or the Specials, bit of two tone.

Or Run Dmc - that's a cool and easy iconic look, hat, trainers, jeans, sports top glasses and chain. Inflatable Ghetto blaster.

Unless you really want to be out there and go for the Cameo cod piece style. Word up.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations912
    2. Damaged IPad...fixes please45
    3. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets811
    4. Best IPTV Paid service?1720

See more discussions