Groups
    EXPIRED

Bit of a random question

But if someone dies and they have a car but still owe money on it,can another family member still drive it(covered on their insurance)

As the owner is deceased and the car isn't legally theirs yet is this allowed.

I just wondered if said person had an accident in it etc would it void the insurance or anything like that..........

16 Comments

Is this part of a plan?

Yes it would void the insurance.

Questions from the Old Bill:

Is this your car?
    Do you have permission of the owner to drive it?
    Prove it!!

Original Poster

Murielson;7613444

Questions from the Old Bill:Is this your car?Do you have permission of … Questions from the Old Bill:Is this your car?Do you have permission of the owner to drive it?Prove it!!

It's not me,i can't drive,but is that how it would go lol

Banned

you cant have car insurance if your dead

Original Poster

sassie;7613512

you cant have car insurance if your dead

The owner of said vehicle has died,but i don't know how it all works,the person driving the car reckons it's ok and i don't.

Banned

deb8z;7613568

The owner of said vehicle has died,but i don't know how it all works,the … The owner of said vehicle has died,but i don't know how it all works,the person driving the car reckons it's ok and i don't.

as already said, the car doesnt belong to you, you do not have permission to drive it

greg_68;7613432

Is this part of a plan?

lmao

i did titter

Twoc.

I know that I am fully comp which means I can drive any other car but only covered third party - but as others have said u need the permission of the other owner to drive - and in this case sadly thats not possible

A simple call to the local cop shop will give u a straight answer

Yes you can drive the car as the new power of attorney ie next of kin, wil beable to allow persmission to be given, its like saying *you can't sell the house of a deceased mum/dad/etc because you don't have their permmission!!!!

*excludes wills

think please

Banned

bossyboots;7613794

I know that I am fully comp which means I can drive any other car but … I know that I am fully comp which means I can drive any other car but only covered third party - but as others have said u need the permission of the other owner to drive - and in this case sadly thats not possibleA simple call to the local cop shop will give u a straight answer

Or better still, the insurance company!

Original Poster

Alfonse;7613892

Yes you can drive the car as the new power of attorney ie next of kin, … Yes you can drive the car as the new power of attorney ie next of kin, wil beable to allow persmission to be given, its like saying *you can't sell the house of a deceased mum/dad/etc because you don't have their permmission!!!! *excludes willsthink please

I'm not concerned about seeking permission as obviously they can't,i thought perhaps as in effect the owner doesn't even own the car as it isn;t paid for yet then legally the finance company owns it and therefore every Tom,Dick or Harry can't drive it.

deb8z;7613918

I'm not concerned about seeking permission as obviously they can't,i … I'm not concerned about seeking permission as obviously they can't,i thought perhaps as in effect the owner doesn't even own the car as it isn;t paid for yet then legally the finance company owns it and therefore every Tom,Dick or Harry can't drive it.

in most cases the power of attorney or whatever will also be responsible for the finances too, just gone through 2 deaths (grans) in last three months its fine, and all the legal documentation will take time but using it is not a problem, of course you need to be insured!!

Original Poster

Alfonse;7613957

in most cases the power of attorney or whatever will also be responsible … in most cases the power of attorney or whatever will also be responsible for the finances too, just gone through 2 deaths (grans) in last three months its fine, and all the legal documentation will take time but using it is not a problem, of course you need to be insured!!

Ok thanks:thumbsup:

csiman;7613912

Or better still, the insurance company!

duh how thick am I lol - yes the Insurance company!!:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions