Bit of advise wanted please.......

I bought the item in the following link on 24th January for my sons 2nd birthday:

hotukdeals.com/ite…ain

We put it away until his birthday which was beginning of this month. Anyway, within about an hour of my little un playing on it, the train makes a horrendous noise as its going round the track. I want to get it replaced but argos no longer stock it and the only other places I can find it, it is loads more.

My OH rung the manufacturers/distributors today and spoke to someone in customer service who told her they wouldn't do anything and to go to the retailer we bought it from. She explained to him that they no longer stock it and they seem to be washing their hands of it. Can anyone explain where I stand as regards warranty/sale of goods act etc please?

17 Comments

It's "Advice"

You need to contact Argos, your contract is with them

Did argos offer you a refund?

Original Poster

thesaint;8349512

It's "Advice"You need to contact Argos, your contract is with them

Tried that to see if they could locate another one anywhere in the country but they say they have no way of checking other than putting in random postcodes online to check stock

CuteKitty26;8349515

Did argos offer you a refund?

I'm sure they would offer a refund but I cannot replace it for the same money, surely the manufacturers have some sort of obligation?

thesaint;8349512

It's "Advice"You need to contact Argos, your contract is with them

Its sarcasm = lowest form of wit:)

Sebas111;8349562

surely the manufacturers have some sort of obligation?

No they have no legal obligation, however it might be worth ringing them up and see if they can send a replacement part they may be able to

Sebas111;8349562

Tried that to see if they could locate another one anywhere in the … Tried that to see if they could locate another one anywhere in the country but they say they have no way of checking other than putting in random postcodes online to check stock

They are obligated to refund or replace. If there aren't any, what do you expect them to do?

Sebas111;8349562

I'm sure they would offer a refund but I cannot replace it for the same … I'm sure they would offer a refund but I cannot replace it for the same money, surely the manufacturers have some sort of obligation?

They owe you nothing at all.

skusey;8349579

Its sarcasm = lowest form of wit:)

Its correct grammar actually

Banned

skusey;8349579

[COLOR="Red"]Its[/COLOR] sarcasm = lowest form of wit:)

It wasn't sarcasm, he was correcting a spelling error.

Also, it's "It's"

http://www.dan-jackson.com/smilies/teach.gif

Banned

pipsqueak;8349607

[COLOR="Red"]Its[/COLOR] correct grammar actually

Ha ha

pipsqueak;8349607

Its correct grammar actually

Do you mean "It's correct grammar actually"?

DJ1;8349618

It wasn't sarcasm, he was correcting a spelling error. Also, it's "It's"

ta Dad

On topic, sadly your contract is with Argos, and they only have to offer one of the three - A repair, a replacement or a Refund. Which they will do. If you want to take it apart and see if you can get a part that is needed then great, otherwise, cest la vie.

tony_s1;8349674

Do you mean "It's correct grammar actually"?

:w00t:

Original Poster

Ok guys, thanks for the replies, kinda gutted though as the little un loves it, oh well, either put up with the awful noise it makes or get my money back. One to think about.

got one on ebay for £40 120554462479 hardly used if any help

Banned

Sebas111;8349562

Tried that to see if they could locate another one anywhere in the … Tried that to see if they could locate another one anywhere in the country but they say they have no way of checking other than putting in random postcodes online to check stockI'm sure they would offer a refund but I cannot replace it for the same money, surely the manufacturers have some sort of obligation?

whats your postcode? maybe have a look yourself at stores near you via online stock checker

also, they are probably offering a refund now as it is so new but take it back in 3 months time and they will probably attempt a manufacturer repair :-D

Did you do as i suggested then or did you miss my post
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1971
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1113
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2540

See more discussions