Groups

Bit of help please on a laptop

Looking for a new laptop. Preferably wanting a SSD drive and Full HD anti-glare screen.

Budget around £500, is this realistic?

He's to find with all specs and price so any help appreciated

9 Comments

Hi, try Googling Dell Outlet, we buy from there all the time at work. As for SSD, nice to have but they are a doddle to fit later so don't pay over the odds for a laptop just because it has one.

Cabbyfan

Hi, try Googling Dell Outlet, we buy from there all the time at work. As … Hi, try Googling Dell Outlet, we buy from there all the time at work. As for SSD, nice to have but they are a doddle to fit later so don't pay over the odds for a laptop just because it has one.

I totally agree with Cabbyfan,

but more to the point you best bet is a Dell Business Laptop, they come with a lot of specs including SSD & Touch screen - so see here -

outlet.euro.dell.com/Onl…530

However £500 may be a bit not enough, but these laptop with be top specs and last a long time

Edited by: "rasdonny" 2nd Jan

don't worry about touchscreen or SSD. touchscreen is really not necessary and ssd can be added later as it's really easy. just wait for a good price on SSD shown on here.

As for Dell I've had two bad experiences from buying direct from them. Refunds took me threatening legal action. However, decent spec and get sold sometimes at Tesco so better protection.

Alternatively Aldi do laptop/desktop sometimes and they are a good price and decent spec with long g'tee. Don't worry about quality issues as internally like all machines the different parts are sourced from different high quality manufacturers.

Yes the price is aok for a decent spec machine. good luck.

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies, is the below laptop any good for spec & add a SSD?

argos.co.uk/pro…JUN

Ammo71

would these compare … would these compare ?http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=Z5D56EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTBorhttp://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=Z5D50EA&opt=ABU

the 104 looks OK as you don't need an Intel I7 unless you are going to do a lot of gaming. The I5 is plenty good enough. Personally i wouldn't buy from very and currys/pcworld are usually expensive.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767298
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2457
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846374
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***721

See more discussions