Groups

Bit of help with my NC10 Netbook please

Banned
    I have bought a kit of ebay which is a harddrive upgrade to 320gb for my nc10 netbook

I am wondering how I get windows back onto the netbook if i change the hdd

Obv has no CD drive, does anyone know anything about doing this

Thanks

7 Comments

Can you connect it up to your desktop? You might be able to get a lead that will power and connect the new HD to your desktop, then just put it on as you would normally, I think...

Original Poster Banned

rehydrated;5499804

Can you connect it up to your desktop? You might be able to get a lead … Can you connect it up to your desktop? You might be able to get a lead that will power and connect the new HD to your desktop, then just put it on as you would normally, I think...

i don't have a desktop

You can install Windows (or any OS) from a usb flash drive. ]Here's a guide.
    You can also use an external DVD/CD drive.

Original Poster Banned

DVS_Dee;5499869

You can install Windows (or any OS) from a usb flash drive. ]Here's a … You can install Windows (or any OS) from a usb flash drive. ]Here's a guide.You can also use an external DVD/CD drive.

it requires a xp installation cd

I don't have one as XP was bulit in to the netbook

is there any way to transfer it to the usb then reinstall it to the new hdd?

I've worked on a few friends NC10's Just finished one last night, I have all the drivers here if you get stuck, I can send you a link for direct downloads for the 6 or 7 XP drivers needed....

2 Ways only really, Bootable USB Drive with XP ISO on, I have never had this to work on 3 of them, always errors...

I have a Liteon USB CD Drive, does the job perfect, but you will need an XP CD though :-(

maxmix

Why not just clone the original hard drive and that way it will still have the recovery partition in tact.

Original Poster Banned

Got it all sorted

Not upgraded to 320gb and 2gb Ram also

Thanks guys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions