Bit of laptop advice please!

4 replies
Found 9th Sep 2009
I have a fujitsu siemens laptop, its 3 years old. (bought it at start of my degree). Anyway, I replaced the power cable as the pin on the end of it broke. But several months after doing this my laptop wont work. It turns on, starts to load and then dies. It cites some error message then goes off. I am considering just buying another laptop as it only cost £400 4 years ago. Anyone think I should get it repaired or best off just buying another one? Thanks!

1. Misc
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Laptop
4 Comments

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;6249140

I'd get a new one for £300 and sell the old one on ebay for £100-150

dont want to sell old one as its got loads of stuff on it. Seen one I like in Comet for £380 though

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;6249140

I'd get a new one for £300 and sell the old one on ebay for £100-150New o … I'd get a new one for £300 and sell the old one on ebay for £100-150New one with have at least a years warranty and while the bits you have repaired on your old one will have limited warranty, if something else goes wrong you could quicky end up spending more than the cost of a new one

Second comment true, that laptop pretty old now. Thanks. (Heres some rep)

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;6249203

Keep the harddrive and buy a usb case for it

usb case?

Whats the error message ,could be a simple software issue that just requires a reinstall of windows. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. spam regarding paypal11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769649
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522898
    4. Premium baked beans just 99p for 4 cans from ALDI!2143

See more discussions