Bit of technical advice needed with twitter

Setting up a twitter account for a work related project. Trying to upload a logo to set as the picture but it seems to be too small to upload. Its quite a basic logo and I'm not sure how to increase the size to make it uploadable

Any advice much appreciated

6 Comments

what file types does it accept (eg: jpeg (.jpg)) and what size range (usually expressed in Kilobytes (Kb) or Megabytes (Mb))?

Open it in paint or something and use the save as option and change the file type accordingly then upload the newly saved file see if that works.

I use Twitter a lot. Willing to help if I can.

Too small? That sounds rather strange, any chance you can tell us the dimensions?

Original Poster

It says the picture must be larger than 48k but no more than 700k or we wont be able to upload it.

My picture is about 39k at the mo

Original Poster

Xiwt

what file types does it accept (eg: jpeg (.jpg)) and what size range … what file types does it accept (eg: jpeg (.jpg)) and what size range (usually expressed in Kilobytes (Kb) or Megabytes (Mb))?Open it in paint or something and use the save as option and change the file type accordingly then upload the newly saved file see if that works.

It supports Jpeg.

I have already tried your suggestion as the logo was originally saved as a Word file and I needed to convert it

1) enlarge the canvas size and picture accordingly (just a bit it's less than 10kb file size increase you are after) and save as a new file.

2) then check the file size by right clicking it, then click properties and if >= 48Kb your good to go. If between 38-47Kb start again

3) upload the new file.

Edited by: "Xiwt" 28th Feb 2011

if when you enlarge it in paint it looks rubbish. Re-open the word document. Enlarge it in word accordingly. Take a screenshot of it. Paste the screenshot in a new paint file. select the area around the logo, press copy. Open another new paint file, hit paste and save this file as jpeg, check the size and upload. Peace.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861852
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764111
    3. How dangerous is Donald trump?1439
    4. The great big HUKD Nintendo thread3335654

See more discussions