Bit of weird one...

Posted 15th Feb
Does anyone know where I can sell a curved starlift in London?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Reclaim yard, gumtree, schpock
Could you sell it back to the manufacture/supplier? Is it a Stannah type one? I'm sure they sell second hand/reconditioned ones.
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 15th Feb
My experience only (Based on trying to get rid of the curved stairlift in my Grandparents' house in south Essex) is that it's not easy to sell a used one unless you've got a genuine Stannah stairlift, as they appear to be the only company who will buy back. The problem with curved stairlifts is that when the stairlift gets fitted, the track is manufactured to fit the shape of your stairs. Unless you can find someone with the exact same dimensions and angles as your stairs, it's nigh on impossible to resell. We wound up getting an electrician and a house clearance company to remove it because every stairlift installer we called said they weren't interested. Removing it was not pretty, because it had been screwed right into the walls with heavy duty rawl plugs, and there was electrical cabling drilled in everywhere.

In short - there was no money in it, and it actually cost us money to get the walls re-skimmed once the wretched thing had gone

I hope you have better luck than me
You will struggle as it is a specific size
GlasgowGrey15/02/2020 16:17

My experience only (Based on trying to get rid of the curved stairlift in …My experience only (Based on trying to get rid of the curved stairlift in my Grandparents' house in south Essex) is that it's not easy to sell a used one unless you've got a genuine Stannah stairlift, as they appear to be the only company who will buy back. The problem with curved stairlifts is that when the stairlift gets fitted, the track is manufactured to fit the shape of your stairs. Unless you can find someone with the exact same dimensions and angles as your stairs, it's nigh on impossible to resell. We wound up getting an electrician and a house clearance company to remove it because every stairlift installer we called said they weren't interested. Removing it was not pretty, because it had been screwed right into the walls with heavy duty rawl plugs, and there was electrical cabling drilled in everywhere. In short - there was no money in it, and it actually cost us money to get the walls re-skimmed once the wretched thing had gone I hope you have better luck than me

My neighbour tried to sell one from his parents house and had the same experience as you, he couldn't even give it away.
He found someone in the same street with the same house who was interested but when they measured up they found that although the two houses looked the same from outside, the stairs were slightly different and it wouldn't fit.
In the end he had to scrap it which annoyed him because it was quite expensive to have installed.
Same.
JimboParrot15/02/2020 16:13

Could you sell it back to the manufacture/supplier? Is it a Stannah type …Could you sell it back to the manufacture/supplier? Is it a Stannah type one? I'm sure they sell second hand/reconditioned ones.

Its called freelift and installed by dolphin mobility but I'm trying to find a company with little joy.
GlasgowGrey15/02/2020 16:17

My experience only (Based on trying to get rid of the curved stairlift in …My experience only (Based on trying to get rid of the curved stairlift in my Grandparents' house in south Essex) is that it's not easy to sell a used one unless you've got a genuine Stannah stairlift, as they appear to be the only company who will buy back. The problem with curved stairlifts is that when the stairlift gets fitted, the track is manufactured to fit the shape of your stairs. Unless you can find someone with the exact same dimensions and angles as your stairs, it's nigh on impossible to resell. We wound up getting an electrician and a house clearance company to remove it because every stairlift installer we called said they weren't interested. Removing it was not pretty, because it had been screwed right into the walls with heavy duty rawl plugs, and there was electrical cabling drilled in everywhere. In short - there was no money in it, and it actually cost us money to get the walls re-skimmed once the wretched thing had gone I hope you have better luck than me

Oh good god this is basically my nightmare coming true....
Starlift - NASA may be interested.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants