Groups
    EXPIRED

Bit Torrent Client - which is the best?

As per title. Changed to a TP LInk router, and using BitLord speeds are low, even with Port Forwarding.

Anyone go any other ideas as to which client to use?

17 Comments

utorrent

onlyme23;2964181

utorrent

Agreed, add that to a VPN and you're laughing (well I am :lol:)

Shengis;2964192

Agreed, add that to a VPN and you're laughing (well I am :lol:)

Can you tell me how this works?

Vuze is good.

onlyme23;2964181

utorrent

every time (you dont even need to upload when using it stats remain unchanged) with a small tweak LOL :whistling:

try bitcomet, it's been fine for me

kyler;2964228

Can you tell me how this works?

Yeah, you sign up with a VPN provider and all your data appears as normal webdata meaning it doesn't get blocked/throttled by the likes of BT. Take a look at pr.ivacy.com and have a play about (you can sign up for multiple account ;-) ). Oh and in utorrent turn off upnp when using VPN forwarding. Also do a google for 'instant torrents'. Interesting concept.

imortal;2964299

every time (you dont even need to upload when using it stats remain … every time (you dont even need to upload when using it stats remain unchanged) with a small tweak LOL :whistling:

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)

By the way if it's what I think it is (regarding server addresses) it no longer seems to work in the new release (instant disconnect of all peers). I'm sticking with UT 1.6.1 :lol:

:w00t:

Shengis;2964467

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)

:whistling:

Shengis;2964467

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)By the way if it's what I think it is … Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)By the way if it's what I think it is (regarding server addresses) it no longer seems to work in the new release (instant disconnect of all peers). I'm sticking with UT 1.6.1 :lol:

i use 1.6.1 i wont update it and its to do with the url works everytime and has done for me for about a year or so. My stats always look good LOL

imortal;2964514

i use 1.6.1 i wont update it and its to do with the url works everytime … i use 1.6.1 i wont update it and its to do with the url works everytime and has done for me for about a year or so. My stats always look good LOL

Well my thinking is those trackers that force you to upload deserve all they (don't) get:thumbsup:

Shengis;2964544

Well my thinking is those trackers that force you to upload deserve all … Well my thinking is those trackers that force you to upload deserve all they (don't) get:thumbsup:

;-) i agree :whistling:

Shengis;2964460

Yeah, you sign up with a VPN provider and all your data appears as normal … Yeah, you sign up with a VPN provider and all your data appears as normal webdata meaning it doesn't get blocked/throttled by the likes of BT. Take a look at pr.ivacy.com and have a play about (you can sign up for multiple account ;-) ). Oh and in utorrent turn off upnp when using VPN forwarding. Also do a google for 'instant torrents'. Interesting concept.

You would be better off getting a Usenet Connection set up with SSL. Anything you want can be found in the newsgroups, with no ratios to maintain.

Been using them for over 3 years and rarely go near torrents now.

deathtrap3000;2964239

Vuze is good.

Vuze (formerly Azureus) is good, and what I use.

Original Poster

cheers for all your answers............ was thinking utorrent, so will give that a try. May even try the VPN thing

Has to be utorrent

Been on Newsgroups for a bit now but used to swear by Azures. I will bear utorrent in mind though should I ever go back!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions