Expired

Bit Torrent Client - which is the best?

Found 13th Sep 2008
As per title. Changed to a TP LInk router, and using BitLord speeds are low, even with Port Forwarding.

Anyone go any other ideas as to which client to use?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
17 Comments

utorrent

onlyme23;2964181

utorrent

Agreed, add that to a VPN and you're laughing (well I am :lol:)

Shengis;2964192

Agreed, add that to a VPN and you're laughing (well I am :lol:)

Can you tell me how this works?

Vuze is good.

onlyme23;2964181

utorrent

every time (you dont even need to upload when using it stats remain unchanged) with a small tweak LOL :whistling:

try bitcomet, it's been fine for me

kyler;2964228

Can you tell me how this works?

Yeah, you sign up with a VPN provider and all your data appears as normal webdata meaning it doesn't get blocked/throttled by the likes of BT. Take a look at pr.ivacy.com and have a play about (you can sign up for multiple account ;-) ). Oh and in utorrent turn off upnp when using VPN forwarding. Also do a google for 'instant torrents'. Interesting concept.

imortal;2964299

every time (you dont even need to upload when using it stats remain … every time (you dont even need to upload when using it stats remain unchanged) with a small tweak LOL :whistling:

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)

By the way if it's what I think it is (regarding server addresses) it no longer seems to work in the new release (instant disconnect of all peers). I'm sticking with UT 1.6.1 :lol:

:w00t:

Shengis;2964467

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)

:whistling:

Shengis;2964467

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)By the way if it's what I think it is … Nudge, nudge, wink, wink ;-)By the way if it's what I think it is (regarding server addresses) it no longer seems to work in the new release (instant disconnect of all peers). I'm sticking with UT 1.6.1 :lol:

i use 1.6.1 i wont update it and its to do with the url works everytime and has done for me for about a year or so. My stats always look good LOL

imortal;2964514

i use 1.6.1 i wont update it and its to do with the url works everytime … i use 1.6.1 i wont update it and its to do with the url works everytime and has done for me for about a year or so. My stats always look good LOL

Well my thinking is those trackers that force you to upload deserve all they (don't) get:thumbsup:

Shengis;2964544

Well my thinking is those trackers that force you to upload deserve all … Well my thinking is those trackers that force you to upload deserve all they (don't) get:thumbsup:

;-) i agree :whistling:

Shengis;2964460

Yeah, you sign up with a VPN provider and all your data appears as normal … Yeah, you sign up with a VPN provider and all your data appears as normal webdata meaning it doesn't get blocked/throttled by the likes of BT. Take a look at pr.ivacy.com and have a play about (you can sign up for multiple account ;-) ). Oh and in utorrent turn off upnp when using VPN forwarding. Also do a google for 'instant torrents'. Interesting concept.

You would be better off getting a Usenet Connection set up with SSL. Anything you want can be found in the newsgroups, with no ratios to maintain.

Been using them for over 3 years and rarely go near torrents now.

deathtrap3000;2964239

Vuze is good.

Vuze (formerly Azureus) is good, and what I use.

Original Poster

cheers for all your answers............ was thinking utorrent, so will give that a try. May even try the VPN thing

Has to be utorrent

Been on Newsgroups for a bit now but used to swear by Azures. I will bear utorrent in mind though should I ever go back!
Post a comment
@
    Text