Bitcoin Miners - Tell us about your rig

Banned 278
Found 5th Oct 2013
All about the ASICS.

Whos got a hub full of Block Eruptors?

Anyone going to get a Bitfury?

Who's got a BFL ?

How much Bitcoin have you made?

Is it still worth investing into mining after the Silk road fiasco?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
278 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://bitcoinexaminer.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/7htlixI.jpg

I got baffled after the word "All"....

What the **** are you on about.

Isn't higher ASIC better for watercooling, which is obv a must for mining. Ain't done it yet, don't want an enormous bill, and bit-coins seem to be involved with too much nefarious activity

Original Poster Banned

seems like a good way of putting raspberry pis to worthwhile use. trying to find a GPIO interface to asic basic array for a realistic price.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_marilpTGkl1r48dz7o1_500.jpg

Banned

abch4

Isn't higher ASIC better for watercooling, which is obv a must for … Isn't higher ASIC better for watercooling, which is obv a must for mining. Ain't done it yet, don't want an enormous bill, and bit-coins seem to be involved with too much nefarious activity

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1345834178446.jpg

I predict 1 day soon you'll wake up & your Bitcoins will be absolutely worthless
The Fedz are shutting it all down piece by piece

Banned

ewwaxo

trying to find a GPIO interface to asic basic array for a realistic … trying to find a GPIO interface to asic basic array for a realistic price.

http://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/rachel-huh-face.gif

Banned

Bitcoins are used as an easier way to fund terrorist activities. Srs.

Banned

Think the days of mining being worthwhile to an average person, or even someone with a high end gaming rig, are long gone. It's not worth the initial investment in hardware for most. You'd make (or lose!) more money with a little speculating on the bitcoin exchange rate.

I was under the impression that mining bitcoins was very expensive with little return on your investment. Also that you need a fast computer

Banned

ceanth

I was under the impression that mining bitcoins was very expensive with … I was under the impression that mining bitcoins was very expensive with little return on your investment. Also that you need a fast computer

Initially, maybe not. These days, yes.

Original Poster Banned

2sly

loads of normal Internet online retailers accept bitcoin as a form of payment now.

Original Poster Banned

http://i.imgur.com/RK7zGHY.jpg

Original Poster Banned

this pub in london accepts bitcoins...

mine for beer. sounds good to me.

Nice setup ewwaxo!!

Am getting a few Bluefurys, hopefully bitcointalk will be up asap so can get an update

2sly

Care to elaborate...

What silk road fiasco?

If only you can use your smartphone to mine for bitcoins...... I mean they are little computers anyway.

grumpysi

What silk road fiasco?

Silk Road

treble99

Care to elaborate...

Bitcoins are the currency which was used on Silk Road. Silk Road WAS part of the internet where you can buy and sell a number of illegal items such as Drugs and Weapons. People used Silk Road to trade all sorts of illegal stuff and used Bitcoins to pass over funds as they are anonymous. Access to Silk Road was also done by an anonymous route.

So you could go and buy yourself an AK47 and some pills with Bitcoins that our friend ewwaxo is kindly mining for us

Edited by: "ceanth" 6th Oct 2013

ceanth

Bitcoins are the currency which was used on Silk Road. Silk Road WAS part … Bitcoins are the currency which was used on Silk Road. Silk Road WAS part of the internet where you can buy and sell a number of illegal items such as Drugs and Weapons. People used Silk Road to trade all sorts of illegal stuff and used Bitcoins to pass over funds as they are anonymous. Access to Silk Road was also done by an anonymous route.So you could go and buy yourself an AK47 and some pills with Bitcoins that our friend ewwaxo is kindly mining for us

Weapons were NOT sold on Silk Road

Silk Road was estimated to have around 99%) of illegal drugs are traded in Dollars, Pounds, Euros and whatever other Fiat currency

Fiat currency is issued by a central bank, meaning that you can go and buy an AK47 and some pills courtesy of the good chaps at the Bank of England AND their chums at the 4 big banks in the UK will gladly help launder drug and terrorist money see here

Original Poster Banned

treble99

Nice setup ewwaxo!!Am getting a few Bluefurys, hopefully bitcointalk will … Nice setup ewwaxo!!Am getting a few Bluefurys, hopefully bitcointalk will be up asap so can get an update

I've been trying to work out if the blue furys are worth it- with the difficulty rising, probably only make £50 with one after a year.

um where you getting them?

Original Poster Banned

on ebay the bitfurys are around £110.

the block erupters just dropped significantly in price, no doubt the bitfurys will too soon.

Banned

treble99

Weapons were NOT sold on Silk RoadSilk Road was estimated to have around … Weapons were NOT sold on Silk RoadSilk Road was estimated to have around 99%) of illegal drugs are traded in Dollars, Pounds, Euros and whatever other Fiat currencyFiat currency is issued by a central bank, meaning that you can go and buy an AK47 and some pills courtesy of the good chaps at the Bank of England AND their chums at the 4 big banks in the UK will gladly help launder drug and terrorist money see here

Just to interject - weapons were sold there actually. The Silk Road's policy changed around a year to 18 months ago regarding weapons. There are still many sites on the darknet who do still trade such items, although there are 2 who seem to have largely cornered the market at the moment, or at least last time I had a gander.

I have no problem with bitcoins, and the way the majority purchase them means they are not anonymous either. The Silk Road was attracting some unwanted attention a while back, which is why they changed their allowable listings. Law enforcement agency prosecutions have been made against some suppliers and purchasers from such darknet sites now too, so it's not entirely unmonitored.

ewwaxo

I've been trying to work out if the blue furys are worth it- with the … I've been trying to work out if the blue furys are worth it- with the difficulty rising, probably only make £50 with one after a year.um where you getting them?

I have ordered from the supplier, will have some spare available if your interested?

Im into mining more for a hobby really, no doubt that with KnC shipping the difficulty will rise a lot (upto 190 million by tonight) but can imagine that the prices of the USB's will drop accordingly as the Bitfury chips seem to be getting cheaper

Original Poster Banned

treble99

I have ordered from the supplier, will have some spare available if your … I have ordered from the supplier, will have some spare available if your interested?Im into mining more for a hobby really, no doubt that with KnC shipping the difficulty will rise a lot (upto 190 million by tonight) but can imagine that the prices of the USB's will drop accordingly as the Bitfury chips seem to be getting cheaper

I'm going to see how the prices pan out - but thanks for the offer. let us know how you get on with the hashing.

Original Poster Banned

[img]http://cdn.bzine.r88r.net:8080/ihost?ha=87c9aa3a0f35b24246b71c44c9d6477c&src=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn-static.zdnet.com%2Fi%2Fstory%2F13%2F39%2F338279%2Fbitcoin_1.jpg[/img]

Original Poster Banned

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/20-port-usb-hub-for-ASIC-MINER-USB-Bitcoin-miner-USB-hub-for-bitcoin-mining-/00/s/NTAzWDU1NQ==/z/HcoAAOxy3hJSTY1I/$T2eC16Z,!yoFIeUjeCm6BSTY1Hp4ew~~60_3.JPG

I read a whole article on this not too long ago about mining.. most people were saying it was not viable to join the bitcoin mining at this stage due to the mining time now? Kinda put me off.. is this true?

Edited by: "5nowman" 7th Oct 2013

5nowman

I read a whole article on this not too long ago about mining.. most … I read a whole article on this not too long ago about mining.. most people were saying it was not viable to join the bitcoin mining at this stage due to the mining time now? Kinda put me off.. is this true?

Without spending thousands on a rig you're unlikely to solely find a bitcoin. Your only realistic option would be to join a mining pool where there maybe hundreds or thousands all mining together and sharing the profits. I use profits loosely here as you need to factor in not only the cost of your PC/GPU but the electricity costs to run your PC full whack as your GPU will be sitting at 100% non-stop.

Just read en.wikipedia.org/wik…oin

and sounds a complete load of *******'s to me, I remember that youtube vid of a guy "buying" gas in usa with them.

What exactly are your GPU's doing?
Where are these "FREE" bitcoins magcally coming from? (sounds like BOE's Quantitive easing - Magical free money with the push of a button)
Why do I get the feeling that someone has created all this to make some sort of personal super computer to work out the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Original Poster Banned

Low Power ASICS drive Bitcoin mining, GPUS and FPGAs are no way cost effective now.

a 300M/H USB ASIC is less than £20
Edited by: "ewwaxo" 7th Oct 2013

Not profitable anymore sadly. At least for most.

Original Poster Banned

ZedEx

Not profitable anymore sadly. At least for most.

Potentially still is for a couple of bucks, as long as can accurately forecast the exponential difficulty !

ewwaxo

Potentially still is for a couple of bucks, as long as can accurately … Potentially still is for a couple of bucks, as long as can accurately forecast the exponential difficulty !

Best of luck to you but i know people who used to have rigs setup for this and have got rid of it all over last few months as they said it wasn't worth it now, this is why i didnt start as they said not to, guess i missed the boat again

should have joined when jknoxville posted about it! over 2 years ago.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/any-bitcoin-users-here-932848

Solar panels next?
Edited by: "5nowman" 7th Oct 2013

5nowman

should have joined when jknoxville posted about it! over 2 years … should have joined when jknoxville posted about it! over 2 years ago.http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/any-bitcoin-users-here-932848:(Solar panels next?

The future is Mega bit coins. Just like the idea of topping the 6 mins abs workout with the 7mins abs workout.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants