Bitterwallet stoops to an *even newer* new low

Banned 233 replies
Found 27th Feb 2009
what a joke of a site!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
228 Comments

INFRACTION! - Non conformance and being a HUKD sub-site h4ter.....

On topic of the story in question, nothing to do with homosexual comments, but my original gammertag of "mumtoucher" was also banned, unjust IMO!

Banned

I actually tried to like and use Bitterwallet after the original who-har over the links etc.

Of the 4 people who post, Paul Nikkel does sometimes post some useful stuff, Andy Dawson doesn't really seem to post news as such, but some posts are quite entertaining. Vince Wong (What a name!) doesn't appear to do a lot at all. The problem for me is Paul Smith. I obviously don't know him personally, but the guy's posts are just cringe worthy to read. Embarrassingly unfunny, and seemingly when realising this, he just comes out with inappropriate and pathetically immature slurs on just about anyone.

It has improved slightly, I admit that, but its still far too chilidish, far too immature and there is too much "objectionable content" to be linked directly from HotUKDeals.

A note to whoever used my username to post that first comment on the BW thread.

I have reported this abuse to the Bitter Wallet team and asked them to (a) remove the comment and (b) investigate the matter to determine who left it.

This was not funny, and if it was done by a member here I expect an apology, privately or publically. If so, I will accept this and move on. If not, and it is from the IP address of a member here, I will ask for a suitable punishment. This is an abuse of the system, and for the worst possible reasons.

bitterwhat? hehe

Liddle ol' me;4503050

A note to whoever used my username to post that first comment on the BW … A note to whoever used my username to post that first comment on the BW thread. I have reported this abuse to the Bitter Wallet team and asked them to (a) remove the comment and (b) investigate the matter to determine who left it. This was not funny, and if it was done by a member here I expect an apology, privately or publically. If so, I will accept this and move on. If not, and it is from the IP address of a member here, I will ask for a suitable punishment. This is an abuse of the system, and for the worst possible reasons.

liddle u make me laugh. at the end of the day its a different forum and if someone wants ur username then u cant do anything about it!

Original Poster Banned

magicbeans;4503074

liddle u make me laugh. at the end of the day its a different forum and … liddle u make me laugh. at the end of the day its a different forum and if someone wants ur username then u cant do anything about it!

Agreed

IF someone else did it

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503050

A note to whoever used my username to post that first comment on the BW … A note to whoever used my username to post that first comment on the BW thread. I have reported this abuse to the Bitter Wallet team and asked them to (a) remove the comment and (b) investigate the matter to determine who left it. This was not funny, and if it was done by a member here I expect an apology, privately or publically. If so, I will accept this and move on. If not, and it is from the IP address of a member here, I will ask for a suitable punishment. This is an abuse of the system, and for the worst possible reasons.

HAHAHA...... BRB reading what was written!

Liddle ol' me;4503050

Nothing wrong with expressing a point of view, whoever wrote it :thumbsup:

They seem happy to allow it for both sides:
Posted by gays owt | February 26th, 2009 at 3:24 pm

They’ll be burning the gays next - I should hope so it’s a sin against GOD !!!!
:roll:

Obviously HUKD is proud to be associated with these type of opinions, directly linked to and promoting BW !

guv;4503113

HAHAHA...... BRB reading what was written!

+1

Had to have a nosey .............

FYI, I saw this last night and reported it then to the BW team by email, which I am sure can be confirmed.

It is an abuse if someone uses my username to make homophobic comments, thus suggesting they were from me.

I have reported the incident through the report button on this thread too, and asked again for IP addresses to be checked on what I consider to be a serious issue.

those little fat american kids you can hear on xbox live offend me more than lesbians, i love lesbians :whistling:

Banned

wouldnt worry about it, im sure it will be the start of things to come, its pretty obvious it isnt you without you even saying about it, if you think this is the worst thing done your wrong, just most of it is done behind the scenes

haha very entertaining, makes me feel intelligent reading some of those BW comments.

I like the way people respond to this type of Bitterwallet blog but I bet they would never say those things in public (or to gays). Inbreds.

As for MS banning a lesbian from XBL is just ridiculous...but then again, why would you want to publish your sexual preference when playing a video game?

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503185

FYI, I saw this last night and reported it then to the BW team by email, … FYI, I saw this last night and reported it then to the BW team by email, which I am sure can be confirmed.It is an abuse if someone uses my username to make homophobic comments, thus suggesting they were from me.I have reported the incident through the report button on this thread too, and asked again for IP addresses to be checked on what I consider to be a serious issue.

I dont see this as any different to calling someone Racist or a Liar....yet you have no problem saying that

btw...I believe you owe me an apology after you called me a liar last time yet it wasnt me that was lying was it :whistling:

IS bitterwallet directly connected to HUKD? and what is the purpose of it?

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503050

this interenet is serious buisness :w00t:

harlzter;4503216

what is the purpose of it?

thats the million dollar question right there :thumbsup:

Banned

ODB_69;4503079

AgreedIF someone else did it

Now there's a thought. :-D

I did think it might have been something to get upset about but alas it was pretty lame. I suppose the reaction makes it funny though.

PS ... BRB changing font to bold! :w00t:

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503185

FYI, I saw this last night and reported it then to the BW team by email, … FYI, I saw this last night and reported it then to the BW team by email, which I am sure can be confirmed.It is an abuse if someone uses my username to make homophobic comments, thus suggesting they were from me.I have reported the incident through the report button on this thread too, and asked again for IP addresses to be checked on what I consider to be a serious issue.

Get a life. (Seriously.)

sassie;4503205

wouldnt worry about it, im sure it will be the start of things to come, … wouldnt worry about it, im sure it will be the start of things to come, its pretty obvious it isnt you without you even saying about it, if you think this is the worst thing done your wrong, just most of it is done behind the scenes

Thanks sassie. Yes, I know that anyone who knows me will know that I wouldn't have written those comments. But the point is that someone (and I suspect someone from here) has written offensive comments in my name - people who don't know me well might believe I wrote them.

What is done behind the scenes doesn't worry me - at least in these cases, people are responsible for their own words. But I won't tolerate someone putting words in my mouth by hijacking my username.

harlzter;4503216

I'd say so: http://www.hotukdeals.com/images/bwfeed.gif :roll:

harlzter;4503216

I think it is designed to steal stories from other more interesting and better respected websites, and present them in a less interesting way, together with a largely unmoderated forum, which enables ignorant internet users to freely express their intolerance towards others (and swear a lot).............

............that's my take on it anyway..................:whistling:

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503274

Thanks sassie. Yes, I know that anyone who knows me will know that I … Thanks sassie. Yes, I know that anyone who knows me will know that I wouldn't have written those comments. But the point is that someone (and I suspect someone from here) has written offensive comments in my name - people who don't know me well might believe I wrote them. What is done behind the scenes doesn't worry me - at least in these cases, people are responsible for their own words. But I won't tolerate someone putting words in my mouth by hijacking my username.

people pretend to believe what they want to, if it keeps them in they will go with whatever, dont worry about, the people that pretend to believe or even those that believe really arent worth worrying about :thumbsup:

P.s and wouldnt even discuss it on here, you know what its about and it isnt about this

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503274

Thanks sassie. Yes, I know that anyone who knows me will know that I … Thanks sassie. Yes, I know that anyone who knows me will know that I wouldn't have written those comments. But the point is that someone (and I suspect someone from here) has written offensive comments in my name - people who don't know me well might believe I wrote them. What is done behind the scenes doesn't worry me - at least in these cases, people are responsible for their own words. But I won't tolerate someone putting words in my mouth by hijacking my username.

so let me get this right .. your username is the only one of its kind on the internet ? and is owned by you ? :?

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503274

Thanks sassie. Yes, I know that anyone who knows me will know that I … Thanks sassie. Yes, I know that anyone who knows me will know that I wouldn't have written those comments. But the point is that someone (and I suspect someone from here) has written offensive comments in my name - people who don't know me well might believe I wrote them.

Someone from the site? well thats obvious seeing how the rest of the world wouldnt know your username :?

Elementary my dear Watson......

Original Poster Banned

sassie;4503290

people pretend to believe what they want to, if it keeps them in they … people pretend to believe what they want to, if it keeps them in they will go with whatever, dont worry about, the people that pretend to believe or even those that believe really arent worth worrying about :thumbsup:P.s and wouldnt even discuss it on here, you know what its about and it isnt about this

what are you on about?

dancrawley;4503289

I think it is designed to steal stories from other more interesting and … I think it is designed to steal stories from other more interesting and better respected websites, and present them in a less interesting way, together with a largely unmoderated forum, which enables ignorant internet users to freely express their intolerance towards others (and swear a lot).........................that's my take on it anyway..................:whistling:

PMSL how very astute of you to notice that and describe it SO accurately :w00t:

Banned

sassie;4503290

people pretend to believe what they want to, if it keeps them in they … people pretend to believe what they want to, if it keeps them in they will go with whatever, dont worry about, the people that pretend to believe or even those that believe really arent worth worrying about :thumbsup:P.s and wouldnt even discuss it on here, you know what its about and it isnt about this

http://www.stroke.org.uk/images/thumbs/492_P12_a_Confussed.jpg

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503274

My username is used across numerous forums and probably lots of things said i dont agree with. Should i sue them for having the audacity of using my trademark registered name?

BRB - checking other forums in case i need to contact my solicitor.

dancrawley;4503289

I think it is designed to steal stories from other more interesting and … I think it is designed to steal stories from other more interesting and better respected websites, and present them in a less interesting way, together with a largely unmoderated forum, which enables ignorant internet users to freely express their intolerance towards others (and swear a lot).........................that's my take on it anyway..................:whistling:

Infraction - Speaking the truth, but staff not liking it :whistling:

Even if it is someone on here HUKD will do nothing as Admin has consistently said that the two sites are complete different entities with different goals and rules, they are effectively not connected in the sense that some thing done on one will effect the other.

For example people banned on here can post on BW

sassie;4503290

people pretend to believe what they want to, if it keeps them in they … people pretend to believe what they want to, if it keeps them in they will go with whatever, dont worry about, the people that pretend to believe or even those that believe really arent worth worrying about :thumbsup:

I know what you mean exactly. It's just rather sad that people with a personal vendetta will stoop to such lows. It's bad enough to hold such views, but to try and pass them off as someone else's is despicable x 2.

Anyway, enough said on the matter here - I will wait to hear from the BW team. I have no desire to get embroiled in people's spiteful games on this thread (same few members have dragged me to their level on previous occasions, but I won't let it happen again).

Hopefully this will at least lead to a tightening of the BW system so that this kind of thing can't happen again. Thanks again for your comments sassie. Smart and to the point, as always :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

LOM...what you expect people to believe you straight away? your a proven liar? for the record I dont think it was you, but there's not a lot you can do about it. BW will remove the comment and thats it. They will prob ban the IP of whoever posted it but they couldnt give you the IP due to Data Protection.

Its stupid to post on there pretending to be someone else but it happens all the time. I'm thankful I can no longer access it at work cause its just ridiculous, saw the story this morning but didnt have time to post from home and didnt want to get involved in the site with its narrow minded moronic posters

The thread only became about you as you posted that garbage in it. If its such a problem post ON the site, not here. Dont moan about people having a dig at you when your using it as a personal place to justify yourself!

oh and btw...you would have to trademark your name to allow only yourself to use it. BW system should require you to register before you can post but its just another one of its failures

Banned

guv;4503261

Now there's a thought. :-DI did think it might have been something to get … Now there's a thought. :-DI did think it might have been something to get upset about but alas it was pretty lame. I suppose the reaction makes it funny though.PS ... [COLOR="Red"]BRB changing font to bold![/COLOR] :w00t:

lool :-D

Banned

i cant believe the fuss the is being made over a post, that might or might not be attributed to a poster off here. As Guv said his user name is used by millions on the net and likewise the same for lom.
having read the BW its like chewing gum for the eyes pointless, and as for the comment I for one didnt even associate it with a poster off here, but lom had to throw a teddy tantrum and now it make me wonder if lom actually did post it , sometimes its best to walk on by and let things wash over you, what do you expect from BW compensation?
This is more like a hamster thread by the second...pointless

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;4503408

i cant believe the fuss the is being made over a post, that might or … i cant believe the fuss the is being made over a post, that might or might not be attributed to a poster off here. As Guv said his user name is used by millions on the net and likewise the same for lom.having read the BW its like chewing gum for the eyes pointless, and as for the comment I for one didnt even associate it with a poster off here, but lom had to throw a teddy tantrum and now it make me wonder if lom actually did post it , sometimes its best to walk on by and let things wash over you, what do you expect from BW compensation?

your right...its counter-productive too. I dont even read the peoples names just the posts they make. Before Liddle's comment in here I hadnt even noticed it was his name, most prob didnt...know everyone will see its his name and assume one way or the other

Liddle ol' me It's been removed :thumbsup:

In the words of Paul Smith @ BW Comments closed, kids. You were warned. ;-)

Banned

Liddle ol' me;4503185

LOL Liddle... pipe down, you are making yourself look a bit of a tit. Its a seperate site, and while its a complete joke of one, its nothing to do with your username here. If someone on comments on the BBC have your say bit as your username, would you kick off about that too?

Oh and by the way, if as you claim, it is someone from here, you can be sure that due to your rant, they will now use it more and more (and probably other people will as well).

Completely counterproductive.

Original Poster Banned

big-boy;4503481

Liddle ol' me It's been removed :thumbsup:In the words of Paul Smith @ BW … Liddle ol' me It's been removed :thumbsup:In the words of Paul Smith @ BW Comments closed, kids. You were warned. ;-)

I hope they learn from this and make people register to post, or they are leaving themselves open for continual abuse

EDIT: Have they removed all the comments now then?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Items broken from argos - will I get replacement or refund?59
    2. Help: NowTV Movie pass78
    3. heart rate monitor fitness watch44
    4. Charge Back From A Betting Account77

See more discussions