Found 15th Feb 2008
dont know if im allowed to do this or not but
does anyone know how to download off a torrent site?? cos i aint got a clue

please help!!! rep offered

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
22 Comments

sure. download bit torrent or utorrent, pretty much exact same, find a torrent you want (legal of course) download it using the link and bit torrent will automatically open it and start the download

]http//fi…2p/

Original Poster

where do i find the torrent to download

google it

Original Poster

google what

isohunt

It's a bit like a google for torrents.

torrentz is a good search site

mininova

Original Poster

well i have downloaded u torrent but it wont connect/start downloading

]Azureus is the best FREEWARE bittorent client on the market

I use torrents.to to search for torerents cos you can use the tabs to search through different torrent sites

Check seeds and leaches aswell... obviously if there is only one person in the world with the file you are downloading... u have to wait for them to be online. So it is important to find more popular torrents where there are more people with it online, thus making it quicker.

Use [url]www.bitcomet.com[/url]

computerbar;1587324

]Azureus is the best FREEWARE bittorent client on the market

i use this, its the best one.

thepiratebay.com are good for torrents

i get a bit stuck with this torrent lark as well- i'm ok downloading the torrents from mininova & any of the oter sites, but then how do you go about using what you've downloaded- i.e watching the film, burning it on to a disc etc?

Am i just thick?

Banned

karaokecolin;1589139

i get a bit stuck with this torrent lark as well- i'm ok downloading the … i get a bit stuck with this torrent lark as well- i'm ok downloading the torrents from mininova & any of the oter sites, but then how do you go about using what you've downloaded- i.e watching the film, burning it on to a disc etc?Am i just thick?

google is your friend.

karaokecolin;1589139

i get a bit stuck with this torrent lark as well- i'm ok downloading the … i get a bit stuck with this torrent lark as well- i'm ok downloading the torrents from mininova & any of the oter sites, but then how do you go about using what you've downloaded- i.e watching the film, burning it on to a disc etc?Am i just thick?

you need to extract the downloaded files using winrar...

if the video doesn't play, then it may be that you don't have the correct codecs to be able to play the video in question...

search divx or xvid codecs using google and download just the codec files (not divx player)..

if your still having trouble, try downloading VLC Player, this is a good all round player for most codec files.

probably get corrected on so much here, but only trying to help

karaokecolin;1589139

fwibble;1589815

probably get corrected on so much here, but only trying to help

Nope, valid question and couldn't see anything wrong with the answer. :thumbsup:

Magic_monkey;1589833

Nope, valid question and couldn't see anything wrong with the answer. … Nope, valid question and couldn't see anything wrong with the answer. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys- will give it a go.

Everyones most helpful on here.

csiman;1589408

google is your friend.

Thanks- I'm on the case!

I would avoid piratebay at the moment as they are under legal surveilance if you check the news. As are bit-torrent. I use loads of different sites such as btmon and mininova. Also- always check the trackers connected to a torrent file as this is how ISPs will be checking your downloading habits if this whole "3 strikes and your out" internet downloading ban comes in to play, god I hope it doesn't!!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition55510
    2. Free flights to Europe79
    3. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1616

See more discussions