Black Bituminous paint??

Found 2nd Jun
Anyone used Black Bituminous paint for outside? I've got an outside garage that needs a bit of sprucing up. The metal door, wooden window frame etc. I saw in a local place this paint and it seemed
good value at £13 for 2.5L. It says for both wood /metal etc and is waterproof.? Any thoughts?
Community Updates
AskDIY
10 Comments
Yeah people use it along the bottom bricks to assist in damp-proof lower area.
That sort of stuff tends to be quite tacky even when dry.

I just did my garage door a few weeks back

33901985-1YvSf.jpg
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 2nd Jun
That should be ok for the wooden areas. I did wonder if it would look grim on the door? I think the label said Bitumised rather than bituminous. Might be more like gloss?
cmdr_elito2nd Jun

That sort of stuff tends to be quite tacky even when dry.I just did my …That sort of stuff tends to be quite tacky even when dry.I just did my garage door a few weeks back [Image]

Looks good, what did you use?
+1 for Hammerite products.
I've used Bitumen paint before for the concrete top of a bay window - over time some of the black colouration was washed down the walls by the rain. Bitumen paint tends to stay "soft" and not fully cure/harden - so I'd personally avoid for anything other than inaccessible areas that a low down.
cmdr_elito2 h, 56 m ago

That sort of stuff tends to be quite tacky even when dry.I just did my …That sort of stuff tends to be quite tacky even when dry.I just did my garage door a few weeks back [Image]

Mine needs doing, are you free
Van197328 m ago

I've used Bitumen paint before for the concrete top of a bay window - over …I've used Bitumen paint before for the concrete top of a bay window - over time some of the black colouration was washed down the walls by the rain. Bitumen paint tends to stay "soft" and not fully cure/harden - so I'd personally avoid for anything other than inaccessible areas that a low down.

Thanks. It sounds like I need to look again at gloss/eggshell etc.
summerof762 h, 27 m ago

Mine needs doing, are you free

I charge by the hour 🤪😜
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants