Black cab rapist stripped for Jacob Rees-Mogg

Found 8th Feb
The Oxford University Conservative Association (OUCA) once hired the ‘Black cab rapist’ then working as a stripper, for an infamous cabaret social.

John Worboys, then know as ‘Terry the Minder’, performed a striptease for Tory members, alongside a female stripper named “the exotic Vashanti”.

The event at Hertford College was attended by a young Sally Bercow (then Illman), wife of Commons Speaker John Bercow. She was blindfolded on stage before Worboys suggestively placed a banana in her hand.

According to a report at the time, prominent Tory backbencher Jacob Rees Mogg “heartily approved of [the event].

Now dubbed the ‘Black Cab Rapist’, Worboys was later jailed in 2009 after being convicted of 19 sexual assault charges. He notoriously drugged multiple women in his taxi.

The announcement that he would be released after serving only nine years of his sentence was met with heavy criticism nationwide last week.

Following the ‘West One Cabaret’ event, the Senior Proctor of the University refused to recognise OUCA as an official society, banning the Association from using the ‘Oxford University’ title in its name. The Association were also prohibited from holding events at Hertford. The ban apparently remains in place today.

The event provoked outrage across the University. The Entertainments Officer who organised the event did not disclose the nature of the event prior to the evening, but ex-President Lee Roberts stated that the officer put the proposal for a striptease in his election manifesto.

Timothy Doyle, President of OUCA, told Cherwell: “That a stripper should be invited to perform at an Association event is quite inconceivable today. The account of this event is disturbing, and unlike anything I have ever experienced during my time in the Association.

“It cannot be considered to reflect on the Association of today, or our values.”

Steve Best, OUCA president for Hilary 1989, told Cherwell at the time: “Had we been aware of the content of the acts in the cabaret, we would never have allowed the event to go ahead.”

Felicity Spector, then OUSU President, said: “It was indecent and disgusting. They’re sick!”

A January 1989 Cherwell editorial read: “Simulated oral sex in public cannot be defended on the ground that it gives other people pleasure (it doesn’t) or that it is not something to be taken seriously.

“Not only has OUCA permanently ruined its own reputation, it has also damaged the image of the whole university. Everybody suffers from the sel sh antics of a small group of untypical students.

“No-one can take a political group seriously which sees obscene acts as nothing more than a joke.
“The message is clear. Those who organised and took part in this degrading display have no place in a university which rejects sexual depravity.”

cherwell.org/201…al/
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Cr0m2 h, 23 m ago

Public interest re. potential future PM Mogg.Haven't seen this on MSM …Public interest re. potential future PM Mogg.Haven't seen this on MSM before, obviously been hidden from Joe Public by some secret fascist conspiracy or something.

If the worst thing about him is the fact that nearly 30 years ago (when he was 19) he was present when someone willingly performed a simulated sex act, I think he must be one of the cleanest, scandal free MPs we have.
No-one in Labour has ever hired a stripper.

No other strippers have gone on to become involved in crime.

What an utterly ridiculous connection to draw...was Mogg meant to have the hindsight to never have seen a stripper when he was younger... seriously desperate story!
Edited by: "davewave" 9th Feb
And?
33227507-zP2aj.jpg

I`m sure the rapists victims are pleased that people are using them for political point scoring
34 Comments
33226861-ji8eF.jpg
And?
It got quite boisterous but I thought it was a good night and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
I've never quite been able to look at a banana again mind.
What's the story here?

That Rapists have all kind of jobs or that some people hire strippers?
Edited by: "catbeans" 8th Feb
The BBC employed Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville, lets shut them down
Conservatives MPs are deviants everyone knows that.
Including their families, who now have to spend more time with their Member of Parliament, because their other half was caught in the act.

*allegedly.
33227507-zP2aj.jpg

I`m sure the rapists victims are pleased that people are using them for political point scoring
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell13 m ago

Conservatives MPs are deviants everyone knows that.Including their …Conservatives MPs are deviants everyone knows that.Including their families, who now have to spend more time with their Member of Parliament, because their other half was caught in the act.*allegedly.

So you've never seen a stripper before?
A creepy weirdo... And the black cab rapist.
Shengis1 h, 14 m ago

And?

Public interest re. potential future PM Mogg.
Haven't seen this on MSM before, obviously been hidden from Joe Public by some secret fascist conspiracy or something.
Cr0m24 m ago

Public interest re. potential future PM Mogg.Haven't seen this on MSM …Public interest re. potential future PM Mogg.Haven't seen this on MSM before, obviously been hidden from Joe Public by some secret fascist conspiracy or something.

If mogg had been raping black cabs it would have been interesting, as is... meh.....
catbeans1 h, 28 m ago

So you've never seen a stripper before?

Only female ones and those that help remove wallpaper.
Cr0m2 h, 23 m ago

If the worst thing about him is the fact that nearly 30 years ago (when he was 19) he was present when someone willingly performed a simulated sex act, I think he must be one of the cleanest, scandal free MPs we have.
No-one in Labour has ever hired a stripper.

No other strippers have gone on to become involved in crime.

What an utterly ridiculous connection to draw...was Mogg meant to have the hindsight to never have seen a stripper when he was younger... seriously desperate story!
Edited by: "davewave" 9th Feb
davewave1 h, 15 m ago

No-one in Labour has ever hired a stripper.No other strippers have gone on …No-one in Labour has ever hired a stripper.No other strippers have gone on to become involved in crime.What an utterly ridiculous connection to draw...was Mogg meant to have the hindsight to never have seen a stripper when he was younger... seriously desperate story!

But if Diane Abbott had been at the event then I have no doubt that your (and a few others') reaction would have been substantially different.
Just shows what a small world we live in.
RonChew2 m ago

Or, what a small world like-minded people live in.

Why? do you think JW wanted to be a conservative?
JRM would probably make an excellent PM.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 9th Feb
.MUFC.7 m ago

The stories about his past have already started leaking and I'm sure that there are a lot more than we have heard so far. These are just a few shots across his bow to warn him off pushing any ambitions he has on becoming PM any further.

The truth is that while the gutter press might want him, the Tory party doesn't. You shouldn't believe everything that you read in the Daily Fail, shaune.
.MUFC.10 m ago

He has some strange ideas when it comes to same sex marriage and abortion, that is my only real issue with him as an MP.
RonChew4 m ago

The stories about his past have already started leaking and I'm sure that …The stories about his past have already started leaking and I'm sure that there are a lot more than we have heard so far. These are just a few shots across his bow to warn him off pushing any ambitions he has on becoming PM any further.The truth is that while the gutter press might want him, the Tory party doesn't. You shouldn't believe everything that you read in the Daily Fail, shaune.

It seems that most politicians have hidden pasts, I suppose that's life though, I guess they make mistakes just like normal people do .
CoeK3 m ago

He has some strange ideas when it comes to same sex marriage and abortion, …He has some strange ideas when it comes to same sex marriage and abortion, that is my only real issue with him as an MP.

Yes, I agree, Fortunately those are his own views and not the views across the party.

I don't think many MPs would tick all the boxes etc..
.MUFC.2 m ago

Yes, I agree, Fortunately those are his own views and not the views across …Yes, I agree, Fortunately those are his own views and not the views across the party. I don't think many MPs would tick all the boxes etc..

Thankfully that appears to be the case. But i can see why he was in favour of the confidence and supply agreement with the DUP.
RonChew1 h, 41 m ago

The stories about his past have already started leaking and I'm sure that …The stories about his past have already started leaking and I'm sure that there are a lot more than we have heard so far. These are just a few shots across his bow to warn him off pushing any ambitions he has on becoming PM any further.The truth is that while the gutter press might want him, the Tory party doesn't. You shouldn't believe everything that you read in the Daily Fail, shaune.

Unfortunately very true. No party embraces the Et tu Brute formula as much as the Conservatives do.

Some of the best leaders we never had have fallen under that formula.
Edited by: "tryn2help" 9th Feb
.MUFC.3 h, 14 m ago

Have you finally dropped the charade of claiming to be a Labour voter now then?
Cr0m2 m ago

Have you finally dropped the charade of claiming to be a Labour voter now …Have you finally dropped the charade of claiming to be a Labour voter now then?

I wouldn't vote for them but since they're in power he'd be a good leader for Brexit.
Graham197916 h, 11 m ago

The BBC employed Rolf Harris and Jimmy Saville, lets shut them down

*Savile.

You may never mention this again (oh,... my aching sides) but note the clue in the spelling.
RonChew5 h, 3 m ago

But if Diane Abbott had been at the event then I have no doubt that your …But if Diane Abbott had been at the event then I have no doubt that your (and a few others') reaction would have been substantially different.

I am sure Diane Abbot has seen a stripper.
.MUFC.3 h, 39 m ago

I wouldn't vote for them but since they're in power he'd be a good leader …I wouldn't vote for them but since they're in power he'd be a good leader for Brexit.

I doubt 'good' is a word that can be applied to any leader with that particular poisoned chalice - as events unfold in this saga 'patsy' seems to be the word on most people's lips.
RonChew10 h, 22 m ago

But if Diane Abbott had been at the event then I have no doubt that your …But if Diane Abbott had been at the event then I have no doubt that your (and a few others') reaction would have been substantially different.

There is a thread ready and waiting for someone to make the positive case for Diane Abbott. Imagine who you might impress if that someone is you, Ron. Go on, do it.
Crazy like a fool ?

or maybe ?
Edited by: "Wongy110" 9th Feb
deleted1431257
Black Cab Rapist? So a guy who tried his own “Fake Taxi” except he apparently didn’t get ‘consent’ from the women??
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 10th Feb
J R M for P.M.
He's got my vote.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants