Black & Decker Strimmer GLC2500 - Spool & Line Help

28 replies
Found 14th Jun 2009
Ok,I need this spool and line part for my strimmer.
It is a Black & Decker GLC2500 model,I've looked on a few websites but the information is conflicting.
Does anyone know who recently bought?

1. Misc
  2. Strimmer
28 Comments

screwfix.com/pro…f-3

Could you tell us what the conflicting information is/was?

Original Poster

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

I found this 1 I can have delivered for free but it's not a branded one,will it make any difference?

Original Poster

Painkiller;5490561

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/65642/Landscaping/Landscaping-Power-Tools/Hedge-Trimmers/B-D-Trimmer-Line-Spool-GLC2500-Pack-of-3Could you tell us what the conflicting information is/was?

Was another website,I can't find it at mina nd dinner time.

It will be different but should still fit... that link I posted was a B&D 3 pack with free delivery at less than twice as much as the argos one. Couldn't see a length on the argos one to do a proper comparison though...

Original Poster

Painkiller;5490595

It will be different but should still fit... that link I posted was a B&D … It will be different but should still fit... that link I posted was a B&D 3 pack with free delivery at less than twice as much as the argos one. Couldn't see a length on the argos one to do a proper comparison though...

The Argos one is probably 10meters also,I'll go with the site you said for 3 for a tenner or so,and free delivery,thanks.

Original Poster

Quote Item Pack Prices (inc. VAT) Qty Total

B&D Trimmer Line Spool GLC2500 Pack of 3 1
Packs £9.78
-
-
! £9.78

- - -

Total Goods (inc. VAT) £9.78

Packing & Handling FREE

Delivery £5.00

All product prices include VAT.
View prices ex. VAT GRAND TOTAL £14.78

Actually comes to almost £15,the postage rates are not clear till checkout page!

Banned

have you tried ebay

Original Poster

sassie;5491193

have you tried ebay

Yeh I had a look but don't think they have any on there,I want to be certain I'm buying right thing.

Black & Decker GLC2500

Since we not got the bunny,well the grass is shooting up at the sides,he must fairly ate a lot of grass,and if I don't get it sorted it's going get out of hand and I plan doing it next week before it gets too wild.I always do the garden so need to do it before it gets really bad,my partner never does it,however I've told him he need get on the sloping bank to weed as I can't chance going up on bank now pregnant,it's too slippery.

I've not ordered yet at screwfix but it's likely be there as touch cheaper than Argos now.

Banned

do you need it n the spool? has yours broken

Banned

£5-60 delivered for one Item number: 220427215466

The argos one should fit fine - the difference is that the argos one fits strimmers from other manufacturers as well, so its design will incorporate that... sorry for not realising screwfix seperated packing costs from delivery costs.

Original Poster

sassie;5491386

do you need it n the spool? has yours broken

I think the spool is fine,but I thought it might be just easier if it's bought in a spool as then I just need clip it on,don't know really,I'm useless with diy and such items. This 1st time it's needed replacing too,hence I don't know much. My partner don't seem to know much either,earlier he said Argos not even sell them,then I find they on there!

Banned

you just wrap it around the spool like winding cotton back on a reel when dropped

Original Poster

sassie;5491401

£5-60 delivered for one Item number: 220427215466

A6481

it says its the above and will fit a GLC2500,what I don't understand is the likes of Amazon who have this don't say it fits it,and this website doesn't mention it fits it either.

espares.co.uk/par…tml

Banned

the one on ebay will fit it and cheapest found, read firther down it has full item number of A6481-XJ, it is a genuine part unlike the other items, when not genuine parts not everyoe states all the ones it will fit

Banned

Painkiller;5491494

On the e-spares website, if you click on the link for GLC2500 it brings … On the e-spares website, if you click on the link for GLC2500 it brings up the following pagehttp://www.espares.co.uk/parts/trimmers/black-and-decker/glc2500/p/1082/879/0/1070027on page 3 is a 4.99 black & decker spool & linehttp://www.espares.co.uk/part/trimmers/black-and-decker/p/1082/879/0/0/1070021/10m-reflex-trimmer-line-a.html

expensive once delivery is added, hence why i posted the ebay one

Original Poster

sassie;5491474

the one on ebay will fit it and cheapest found, read firther down it has … the one on ebay will fit it and cheapest found, read firther down it has full item number of A6481-XJ, it is a genuine part unlike the other items, when not genuine parts not everyoe states all the ones it will fit

Ok thanks,I'll buy on eBay now,it be here mid week and hopefully not raining and will make a start that day.
Hope lawnmower is working after getting strimmer sorted,know how it can be 1 thing after next.

Sassie's ebay one does have the same part number so if that's cheapest then go for it

Sounds like you just need the line.You need only to pay less than £2 inc p&p on ebay or try wilkinsons/poundshop etc.
It is just a case of winding it on the spool and feeding it through the the holes on the spool.Its a bit of a waste of time to replace the whole thing.

Banned

amazon 40m of line is under £6, like i say you just wrap it around spool amazon.co.uk/Bla…t_c

Original Poster

sassie;5491551

amazon 40m of line is under £6, like i say you just wrap it around spool … amazon 40m of line is under £6, like i say you just wrap it around spool http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Decker-A6171-Line-Trimmers/dp/B0001IWHZC/ref=pd_bxgy_diy_text_c

Ok,I not bought at eBay just yet,I'll look at Amazon 1.

Banned

i dont know if you need a specifc line for your strimmer

Original Poster

sassie;5491635

i dont know if you need a specifc line for your strimmer

Been getting kids to bed...partner says just buy 1 off eBay with spool as it save any messig about,he ain't entirely sure it be that simple putting wire round,blimey all this fuss over a strimmer.

Thanks4 help.

Banned

lol honestly it is just like rewinding a cotton reel, thank the lord its you doing the strimming, wouldnt want him breaking a finger nail - pmsl

Original Poster

sassie;5491716

lol honestly it is just like rewinding a cotton reel, thank the lord its … lol honestly it is just like rewinding a cotton reel, thank the lord its you doing the strimming, wouldnt want him breaking a finger nail - pmsl

He gets hayfever and bad asthma of cut grass,I always do it,except I'm not going weed on the sloping bank this Summer,I've asked him to do it but he like yeh I will... think I'll ask my Dad to weed up there tomorrow then rest is fairly easy for me to do.

Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5491753

He gets hayfever and bad asthma of cut grass,I always do it,except I'm … He gets hayfever and bad asthma of cut grass,I always do it,except I'm not going weed on the sloping bank this Summer,I've asked him to do it but he like yeh I will... think I'll ask my Dad to weed up there tomorrow then rest is fairly easy for me to do.

he can actualy re thread the spool in doors ya know, sorry only teasing with ya, although he really can ;-)

Banned

hey i ordered a spool cover and spool and line.

its not hard you just wind the wire round the black spool and insert and cover and off ya go.

i get hayfever too. its just an excuse though. you can buy them masks from bandq or most hardware stores, theyre well cheap and they keep away hayfever. thats what i do. and wear goggles for the eyes.

make sure the windows are shut in the house and doors closed while you cut.

after its done, spray lawn with water. or first collect the grass and dispose of it. if youre not gonna do this, spray it with water. this should reduce the pollen flying around. then you can open the windows.

its also a good idea to get an air purifier for the summer. they can be expensive but an amazing investment. thats what im gonna do.

btw - black and decker spool lones usually fit two or three different model numbers. so if yours says fits (your part number) and also another part number, its perfectly fine.

i bought mine from ebay, although b&q didnt have my part, other b&q and B7d parts were expensive
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition52481
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions