Black Friday 2019 disappointing?

Posted 29th Nov
Haven't bought anything today. Past few Black Fridays there was always some hubub about a mis-price or glitch but this year unless you wanted an Xbox One S Digital Edition it's been very underwhelming.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

20 Comments
If stock doesn’t shift then different stores will drop prices later most have targets and will reach them.

Remember Boxing Day was tradition for sales in the UK.
I thought that too, unless you wanted and Xbox haha
Disappointing year. Could be down to Brexit uncertainty 😔
There’s always cyber Monday lol
Yea expected Amazon to do more.
They have always sold gift cards and you end up with free promotion credit. Also they normally give students some free credit
Edited by: "Misslovely" 29th Nov
Black Friday was only good when Amazon did the real lightening deals, it gets worse as every year passes.
I'm glad I have more restraint this year but still looking out for great deals on a dual fuel stainless steel cooker, cheap laptop/chromebook, toaster/kettle amongst other necessities but not in any rush as the old ones are still chugging along albeit unreliably. Will be hoping Cyber has good stuff to offer otherwise it's a waiting game.

Misslovely29/11/2019 19:36

Yea expected Amazon to do more.They have always sold gift cards and you …Yea expected Amazon to do more.They have always sold gift cards and you end up with free promotion credit. Also they normally give students some free credit

I think they did it again but if you got it in the past 36 months, you're ineligible. Remember seeing it last week.
Edited by: "Sherbat" 29th Nov
The very first UK Black Friday when it was just an Amazon thing was brilliant, 2nd one was okay, all the ones since have been carp.
Last couple of years has not been great but I have to say this year has been a real stinker. A new low.Have also like previous poster more restraint this year and only want a mega bargain fit for BF, managed to get the last Argos Canary Yellow Samsung S10e in NI today which was probably the best deal of BF 2019.Unless something mega appears tonight.
For the first time since it started I've never bought anything. I'm not sure if I have more restraint as I get older (I bought a lot of impulse buys over the years) or it really has been crap
Yes it has been somewhat underwhelming. I was thinking about this earlier and I think the underwhelming nature of today's deals can at least be partly be put down to the increased duration of the Black Friday period. It was essentially 2 weeks this year with the Amazon (when ordering via Alexa) and Now TV / Roku Sticks products getting reduced around 1 1/2 - 2 weeks ago and the consoles at the start of this week. This meant that there were not many products to be reduced today compared to previous years and perhaps people were already fatigued with the discounts . It of course did not help that various other popular products (for example Nintendo Switch consoles) only received minor discounts.
39195835-7ty3F.jpg
Let’s all go back to the good old Boxing Day sales and leave Black Friday to the Americans where it started
LOL i've been waiting months to buy a couple of key things and not found anything great yet. The price of Switches refuses to budge and the TV deals aren't amazing.
HELP! I need a TV. Geez.
Scotland131429/11/2019 22:11

Let’s all go back to the good old Boxing Day sales and leave Black Friday t …Let’s all go back to the good old Boxing Day sales and leave Black Friday to the Americans where it started

Or just leave it to the one day as originally planned instead of dragging same deals over 2 weeks.
If you already have what you need/want, then deals are disappointing.

I don't need an Xbox One, but if I just arrived on this planet, that would be an incredible deal.
darkstryder36030/11/2019 08:39

If you already have what you need/want, then deals are disappointing.I …If you already have what you need/want, then deals are disappointing.I don't need an Xbox One, but if I just arrived on this planet, that would be an incredible deal.

If you just arrived on the planet you would either be a newborn so require nothing but food and love OR more excitingly the first alien (that we know of) and therefore would probably require some different stuff. Sorry I’m sat waiting for food and am in one of those moods.
Leonjj30/11/2019 10:39

If you just arrived on the planet you would either be a newborn so require …If you just arrived on the planet you would either be a newborn so require nothing but food and love OR more excitingly the first alien (that we know of) and therefore would probably require some different stuff. Sorry I’m sat waiting for food and am in one of those moods.

Pretty sure an alien arriving to this planet would be chomping at the bit for Xbox Game Pass, they travelled the solar system seeking the best gaming deals.
darkstryder36030/11/2019 11:42

Pretty sure an alien arriving to this planet would be chomping at the bit …Pretty sure an alien arriving to this planet would be chomping at the bit for Xbox Game Pass, they travelled the solar system seeking the best gaming deals.

But would they? Surely their technology would be better than ours and Xbox one games would look as good as streets of rage would for us.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants