Groups

black friday

Anyone else think its a pile of crap to shift stock that otherwise wouldnt sell?

14 Comments

its definitely to shift stock, most of it is crap, but there are a few really good deals to be had.

like that deal at HMV, most of it is crap except that Titanfall 2 for £25 or possibly £20, so the odd good deal.

yeah it's not to shift stock that wouldn't sell, do you think they just have warehouses full of crap hanging around that is yet to be sold?

They buy in and have container loads manufactured especially for these sales.
    Edited by: "eset12345" 21st Nov 2016

The point is, if you have something in mind you would like you might find it cheaper on Black Friday. If you look at items on sale and don't need them, have not researched them etc. then I suspect you might well get done!

It's always crap, people who fight and get arrested for polaroid branded teles in asda is a prime example. The TV was utter crap yet because it looked cheap people were willing to get arrested to get them!

I usually have a list of specific things I want, and if it pops up at a cheaper price I'm happy (has occurred on a number of occasions). Probably also useful for extra little Xmas gifts for people, but that's where you may pay over the odds without realising. No difference to purchasing on the high street though anyway

A 3.5k vet bill recently has made me keep away this year tho!

delusion

I usually have a list of specific things I want, and if it pops up at a … I usually have a list of specific things I want, and if it pops up at a cheaper price I'm happy (has occurred on a number of occasions). Probably also useful for extra little Xmas gifts for people, but that's where you may pay over the odds without realising. No difference to purchasing on the high street though anyway A 3.5k vet bill recently has made me keep away this year tho!

You been unwell again? Ha ha.

I'm bored of it. People fighting over non deals. The fact it now starts about two weeks before the actual date speaks volumes . Hype

time to forget about this crass america hype

Edited by: "miles136" 22nd Nov 2016

Whichever mod removed all those posts, I think you were a rather excessive! Surely easier to remove the whole thread if half the posts are gone.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just one day, but it's the build up and crappy deals that ruin it. Have you seen Morrisons doing "Black Five Days"... That really grinds my gears oO

I'm just enjoying all the heads up threads.

few loss leaders and then plenty of stuff that had a recent price hike so they it can be on special offer

http://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/black-friday-meme5.jpg

Edited by: "mattmerch" 23rd Nov 2016

has everyone in misc posted a black frieday thread?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30116
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …93166
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764505
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661380

See more discussions