"Black" Friday

Posted 23rd Nov
How soon will it be before someone decides that using the word "Black" in this context is offensive to some???
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I identify as a Friday and have reported this thread.
deleted10649023/11/2019 13:54

It was a simple question. I'm not looking for any reasons or looking for a …It was a simple question. I'm not looking for any reasons or looking for a rant. Please stop posting this sort of stuff about me.

How soon will it be before someone decides that using the word "Black" in this context is offensive to some???

What was your purpose for asking this alleged "simple" question? If you considered the consequences of the word in that context, you surely must understand why asking the question publicly raises further questions about you & your opinion.

Those of us that just treat everybody as human, rather than segregating them into race, creed, or colour, just gets on with using words without ulterior motives.
My Wallet finds Black friday VERY offensive.
Larressingle23/11/2019 14:16

Comment deleted

This.

It sounds like this thread is an attempt to make something out of a complete non-issue.
31 Comments
Wasn’t it already deemed offensive a few years back?
sohailh198423/11/2019 12:08

Wasn’t it already deemed offensive a few years back?

Only to small-minded people with nothing better to do being offended on the behalf of others when "Captain Scarlet & the Mysterons" was re-booted as "Gerry Anderson's New Captain Scarlet".
It will be quite a bit after someone invents a straw man complaint.

You lose marks for not mentioning common sense, PC or do-gooders.
Christ sake. I can’t believe how incredibly thick our country has become since the referendum. People having thoughts like this during a yearly shopping sale... my god.

Just a heads up. It’s still “Baa, baa, black sheep” and it’s still a black board (they’re white boards now though because they use pens instead of chalk now). You read trash stories in the media, lapped it up as truth and now regurgitate their guff as “those damn lefty do-gooders”.

Stop reading low-grade excuses for journalism like The Sun, Daily Mail, The Express etc and stop getting your news from morons on Facebook.
"Friday", sounds like Fry-day.
Frying is associated with cooking meat.
Eating meat is anti Vegan and will in time, be classed as a crime. A ten year prison sentence.
deleted106490
Biddy223/11/2019 12:36

Christ sake. I can’t believe how incredibly thick our country has become s …Christ sake. I can’t believe how incredibly thick our country has become since the referendum. People having thoughts like this during a yearly shopping sale... my god. Just a heads up. It’s still “Baa, baa, black sheep” and it’s still a black board (they’re white boards now though because they use pens instead of chalk now). You read trash stories in the media, lapped it up as truth and now regurgitate their guff as “those damn lefty do-gooders”.Stop reading low-grade excuses for journalism like The Sun, Daily Mail, The Express etc and stop getting your news from morons on Facebook.

Who are you talking to?

Christ sake. I can’t believe how incredibly thick our country has become s …Christ sake. I can’t believe how incredibly thick our country has become since the referendum. People having thoughts like this during a yearly shopping sale... my god. Just a heads up. It’s still “Baa, baa, black sheep” and it’s still a black board (they’re white boards now though because they use pens instead of chalk now). You read trash stories in the media, lapped it up as truth and now regurgitate their guff as “those damn lefty do-gooders”.Stop reading low-grade excuses for journalism like The Sun, Daily Mail, The Express etc and stop getting your news from morons on Facebook.

deleted10649023/11/2019 12:45

Who are you talking to?

Everybody that subscribes to the notion that using the word 'black' infers racism.
Derek_Lancelot_Shatwell23/11/2019 12:44

"Friday", sounds like Fry-day.Frying is associated with cooking …"Friday", sounds like Fry-day.Frying is associated with cooking meat.Eating meat is anti Vegan and will in time, be classed as a crime. A ten year prison sentence.

Just for information: Not eating meat does not make you a Vegan.
deleted106490
fanpages23/11/2019 12:55

Just for information: Not eating meat does not make you a Vegan.

It helps though

I was stood in the supermarket yesterday waiting to be served while looking around at the other customers going about their business.

I could not help but wonder that human evolution seems to be going backwards & we seem to be regressing into creatures that resemble Neanderthals again.

The other customers may well have thought the same as me, of course
I identify as a Friday and have reported this thread.
mas9923/11/2019 12:24

...You lose marks for not mentioning common sense, PC or do-gooders.

You have to call this mental illness somehow.
fanpages23/11/2019 12:59

I was stood in the supermarket yesterday waiting to be served while …I was stood in the supermarket yesterday waiting to be served while looking around at the other customers going about their business.I could not help but wonder that human evolution seems to be going backwards & we seem to be regressing into creatures that resemble Neanderthals again.The other customers may well have thought the same as me, of course

I’ve begun to wonder the exact same thing. I’d started questioning myself as a person because I wasn’t sure whether I’d suddenly developed a big ego, but some of the things I’ve seen and heard these past three years has definitely made me think otherwise.

The strange thing about this thread is it’s having a pop at those who look to be offended, with the OP looking for a reason so that those people can feel offended which could then get the name changed (it won’t because nobody is actually offended by the word black) so that the OP can then rant about such a thing. It’s effectively self harming yourself. There is no logic in it at all. Why do people want to live like this?! It makes no sense.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 23rd Nov
deleted106490
Biddy223/11/2019 13:44

I’ve began wondering the exact same thing. I’d began questioning myself as …I’ve began wondering the exact same thing. I’d began questioning myself as a person because I wasn’t sure whether I’d suddenly developed a big ego, but some of the things I’ve seen and heard these past three years has definitely made me think otherwise.The strange thing about this thread is it’s having a pop at those who look to be offended, with the OP looking for a reason so that those people can feel offended which could then get the name changed (it won’t because nobody is actually offended by the word black) so that the OP can then rant about such a thing. It’s effectively self harming yourself. There is no logic in it at all. Why do people want to live like this?! It makes no sense.

It was a simple question. I'm not looking for any reasons or looking for a rant. Please stop posting this sort of stuff about me.
It's the snowflake generation. Nowadays everything is offensive.

It was a simple question. I'm not looking for any reasons or looking for a …It was a simple question. I'm not looking for any reasons or looking for a rant. Please stop posting this sort of stuff about me.

What was your purpose for asking this alleged "simple" question? If you considered the consequences of the word in that context, you surely must understand why asking the question publicly raises further questions about you & your opinion.

Those of us that just treat everybody as human, rather than segregating them into race, creed, or colour, just gets on with using words without ulterior motives.
My Wallet finds Black friday VERY offensive.
Larressingle23/11/2019 14:16

Comment deleted

This.

It sounds like this thread is an attempt to make something out of a complete non-issue.

Then please stop posting threads trying to cause issues relating to people’s skin colour by attaching them to a single word.

That was also the purpose of using the “n” word by our ancestors...
You may well have a point.
I'm regularly surprised at how right-wing HUKD is in general.

Nobody would find it offensive, except the Football Association.
Was it something he said?

39089239-0Ti9H.jpg

39089239-Wz8jJ.jpg
fanpages23/11/2019 19:15

Was it something he said?[Image] [Image]

Crikey, he had over 100 deals! Gone!
Well done everyone. After an experienced hotukdealer receives, IMHO, an unfair and unwarranted backlash he's deleted the thread / account. HotUKDeals loss. I now expect to be turned upon as well for expressing an opinion.
paulsmith100124/11/2019 10:47

Well done everyone. After an experienced hotukdealer receives, IMHO, an …Well done everyone. After an experienced hotukdealer receives, IMHO, an unfair and unwarranted backlash he's deleted the thread / account. HotUKDeals loss. I now expect to be turned upon as well for expressing an opinion.

You said, "Well done everyone..."
Your comment is grossly unfair and ill conceived. Dare I say you could be taken as rude by those who did no wrong.

After considering the OP's situation, I did say in above, "You may well have a point."

(How come you made just 2 comments in 8 years and this is one of them. We had ever so many epic battles since 2011.)
Edited by: "splender" 24th Nov
To delete a 100 deal account just like that

I think op was just trying to make conversation but the tide really wasn't in op's favour. This could have triggered off some sort of anxiety/self-esteem issue - anything really.

Anyway, the reason why I came back here; poor Eamonn can't even use the word uppity now. Ridiculous.

thesun.co.uk/new…mp/
splender24/11/2019 11:50

You said, "Well done everyone..."Your comment is grossly unfair and ill …You said, "Well done everyone..."Your comment is grossly unfair and ill conceived. Dare I say you could be taken as rude by those who did no wrong.After considering the OP's situation, I did say in above, "You may well have a point."(How come you made just 2 comments in 8 years and this is one of them. We had ever so many epic battles since 2011.)

My comment was not aimed specifically at you Splendor. The rudeness occured when the op posted this and people turned on him / her by making assumptions and making personal attacks. I presume the op posted in the discussion section to prompt a discussion. I cannot see that he / she made any sort of rant. The ranting came from others. Why is the number of my comments relevant? Perhaps my life does not revolve solely around HUKD? Anyway, there's probably nothing further to say on this. Have a good day.
notalwaysright1924/11/2019 11:51

To delete a 100 deal account just like that I think op was just …To delete a 100 deal account just like that I think op was just trying to make conversation but the tide really wasn't in op's favour. This could have triggered off some sort of anxiety/self-esteem issue - anything really. Anyway, the reason why I came back here; poor Eamonn can't even use the word uppity now. Ridiculous. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10410459/eamonn-holmes-ofcom-meghan-markle-complaint/amp/

IMHO, your point about it being ridiculous does not sound right to me, without corroborating justification. You have your reason why came back here and you did not explain your justification as to why it is ridiculous.

I think his usage of the word is very rude and offence, here is my justification as to why, over to you for your justification as to why it is ridiculous:-

A maths test is how many times has he (Eamonn) used the word "uppity" in the past year on other arrogant celebrities and on other arrogant Royals, I note that he and his editorial team did not offered how often, if any, he had used "uppity". This is now very easy to do using software tools to go through his recordings by his production team.

The Oxford English Dictionary 2nd Edition 1989 defines the word "uppity", I quote directly from this dictionary entry, but I have had to bracket out the words from the dictionary because the HOTUKD profanity filter kicked in.

"uppity", a. colloquial. (origin. and chiefly U.S.). <==== therefore, not British English, why did Eamonn use US English or adopted US American Colloquialism, besides, he should not, as OBE (Officer of the British Empire), use colloquialism on the British Royal, this is disloyal and disrespectful.

1952 F. L. Allen Big Change ii. viii. 130 The effect of the automobile revolution was especially noticeable in the South, where one began to hear whites complaining about ‘uppity [word deleted due to HOTUKD rules]’ on the highways, where there was no Jim Crow. (Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States.)"
Edited by: "splender" 24th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants