Black Friday - A day to grab a bargain?

Posted 28th Nov
I’ve seen talk of retailers raising prices before Black Friday, so the savings on offer are if anything negligible. What do you guys think, are there really good savings to be had or is it a rouse be retailers to make a bit of extra cash?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
No as Which said this week 80% of the Black Friday "deals" have been cheaper at other times in the last year.
I wouldn't specifically call it a "ruse" but Black Friday (in the UK) is just another 'marketing tool' (as is Easter, Halloween, Xmas etc.) and is widely used to bulk sell to the masses who are "starstruck" by the possibility of an uber-bargain. This isn't a bad thing of course as it keeps businesses in operation and keeps money moving. Anything a company can do to prize that hard-earned cash out of your pocket is a utility to be exploited. I can't blame them really...

The thing consumers need to remember is - use some common sense and control. Don't buy something just because it's 'cheap' if you don't really need it. Don't just take the prices quoted as the "best" price you'll ever see and do your homework! I don't like to see retailers pulling the wool over people's eyes so it's a good thing there are so many savvy shoppers on HUKD to help sort the wheat from the chaff.

All the best, Phsy.
Im staying away and if i buy, i will buy very cautiously
Phsycronix28/11/2019 14:17

I wouldn't specifically call it a "ruse" but Black Friday (in the UK) is …I wouldn't specifically call it a "ruse" but Black Friday (in the UK) is just another 'marketing tool' (as is Easter, Halloween, Xmas etc.) and is widely used to bulk sell to the masses who are "starstruck" by the possibility of an uber-bargain. This isn't a bad thing of course as it keeps businesses in operation and keeps money moving. Anything a company can do to prize that hard-earned cash out of your pocket is a utility to be exploited. I can't blame them really...The thing consumers need to remember is - use some common sense and control. Don't buy something just because it's 'cheap' if you don't really need it. Don't just take the prices quoted as the "best" price you'll ever see and do your homework! I don't like to see retailers pulling the wool over people's eyes so it's a good thing there are so many savvy shoppers on HUKD to help sort the wheat from the chaff.All the best, Phsy.

“Don't buy something just because it's 'cheap' if you don't really need it.”

A lot of people on HUKD’s do this, inc me lol.
mas12328/11/2019 16:16

“Don't buy something just because it's 'cheap' if you don't really need i …“Don't buy something just because it's 'cheap' if you don't really need it.”A lot of people on HUKD’s do this, inc me lol.

39159454-WNocu.jpg
At last! A Black Friday thread.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions