Black friday deals on smart thermostats?

Found 15th Nov 2017
Has anyone heard about any deals on Nest, Hive, Tado, Netatmo etc.?

It seems like these would be the kind of thing that would be reduced for Black Friday, does anyone recall whether they were discounted last year?

Thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
5 Comments

Hive direct have a deal on at the minute giving you a free amazon echo dot.

Before you buy any. Decide what you want. Some can be expanded later to make multiple zones whereas others cant.
So can you make do with one central point dictating your heating cycle? If yes then buy any in deal, Hive and Nest seem to crop up most.
Otherwise look at Evohome, Tado, Netatmo for future upgrade potential.
Also do you need hot water control, some cover it some don’t.

Original Poster

I think I have a fairly simple system.

A bog standard combi boiler (HW always on, so no control needed there).
I already have a (non functioning, hence need for replacement) wireless thermostat, so assume I'll just replace the dead receiver with the new one.
Multizone is tempting, but presumably would need additional kit (radiator valves etc.?)

I'm liking Nest and Tado the most at the moment, but would really like google home integration (which rules out the Tado V2 on offer)

I’m looking for a deal on Hive - I like the idea of adding remote controlled lightbulbs etc for turning on and off by mobile when I’m away from home. Likewise with turning the heating on when I’m heading back from working away. I don’t want something that tries to learn as my pattern is not predictable - I just want to open an app and control it myself remotely.

bluep15th Nov

I’m looking for a deal on Hive - I like the idea of adding remote c …I’m looking for a deal on Hive - I like the idea of adding remote controlled lightbulbs etc for turning on and off by mobile when I’m away from home. Likewise with turning the heating on when I’m heading back from working away. I don’t want something that tries to learn as my pattern is not predictable - I just want to open an app and control it myself remotely.

Tado does what you want for heating. Don't buy hive just for the lights. You can do the same with tado for heating and Wemo for lights. Or any other smart light which integrates with ifttt.com (which tado does)
Post a comment
@
    Text