Black Friday Overrated?

Posted 29th Nov
Do you feel Black Friday is overrated here in the UK? I was yet again disappointed with another year of cast offs being sold at an inflated RRP, having looked around at the US websites I think they actually get some bargains yet here there is a load of fuss over nothing. Some items are cheaper but majority are not...
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
39195738-IiYx5.jpg
ryshaz30/11/2019 00:08

What was it like over in the US? Can imagine its pretty crazy, must be all …What was it like over in the US? Can imagine its pretty crazy, must be all the hype of the UK if not more but you actually do get a bargain?

It was crazy , they just drop the price on clothes to silly prices in the outlets.
Levi's 501 dropped to $10 from $40 and they where £50 in the UK a standard shopping day .
Bought 10 pairs , Hugo Boss set of 3 boxers $8 and grabbed 10 of them .
Timberland boots $30 from $80
3 pairs of trainers and much more .
We also had to purchase another suitcase in the sales to fit it all in .
And was lucky when we got to the airport as Virgin didn't charge because it wasn't a full flight .
Edited by: "yozzman1234" 30th Nov
davewave29/11/2019 20:05

I have bought nothing today because the deals are no better and no worse …I have bought nothing today because the deals are no better and no worse than at other times of the year.

I have saved hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds already.

I have not bought anything either.
30 Comments
These latest few years yes
I have bought nothing today because the deals are no better and no worse than at other times of the year.
I saved £7 extra off a coat. New look seemed cheaper too
deals6929/11/2019 19:56

These latest few years yes

Yes exactly. Always a massive buildup but nothing spectacular to show for it.

I have bought nothing today because the deals are no better and no worse …I have bought nothing today because the deals are no better and no worse than at other times of the year.

True, was looking for some Nike trainers. They were in my basket on Wednesday and today almost £20.00 higher. Its ridiculous, retailer's just conning the public.
It’s been rubbish this year. I can see this fizzling out as a U.K. occasion if the retailers don’t step their game up.
Was saving up to buy a phone, but no good deals, guess I have to keep on saving
Edited by: "Ricky_PT" 29th Nov
Ricky_PT29/11/2019 20:17

Was saving up to buy a phone, but no good deals, guess I have to keep on …Was saving up to buy a phone, but no good deals, guess I have to keep on saving

Same here, looking for a Note 10+ but deals are useless and pretty much same as always. US 'Best Buy' website has it for $799.00 unlocked which is around £620.00 - Ain't nothing remotely like that here.
unreality29/11/2019 20:15

It’s been rubbish this year. I can see this fizzling out as a U.K. o …It’s been rubbish this year. I can see this fizzling out as a U.K. occasion if the retailers don’t step their game up.

100% agree - they need to get a grip...am sure they were the same deals as last year....tesco flogging a dead horse with a Toshiba 4K TV and some £29.00 coffee machines. Same old, same old.
First year was the best
Just seems to be everybody's old tat they've struggled to sell throughout the year for a fiver off..

Keep it!!
The best deal I had was Nordvpn this year if my 150% quidco cashback gets paid out and groupon ordered some yankee candles for £18 with £7 quidco cashback that was my highlight of the BF sales.
The rest of the sales was
Edited by: "Peachmelon" 29th Nov
mxer45029/11/2019 21:39

Just seems to be everybody's old tat they've struggled to sell throughout …Just seems to be everybody's old tat they've struggled to sell throughout the year for a fiver off..Keep it!!

Definitely, pretty disappointed to be honest. Same crap as last year.
It's been crap for the last few years if I'm honest... Haven't bought anything again this year.
Total rubbish better deals before but everyone hopes BF is better far from
39195738-IiYx5.jpg
UE mega boom for £69.99
iPad Pro 2017 (10.5) 256 GB £399
Are probably my best buys
Nothing special but saved a few quid
Pic nic set from Amazon down from £40 to £7 and a few other bits .
Nothing like the Black Friday I had in Vegas a few years ago !
I normally buy a load of random Black Friday bargains but today I just bought a Nintendo labo kit and even that was £5 more than a deal early in the week. Not even oos fire sticks for dirt cheap like always.
Yep
Worst one yet. Nothing special really just the odd things here and there. Always guarantee the Amazon Tablet thing and Google Mini to be one of the first to show in recent years

Supply and Demand is what it is all about

Better offers have been seem throughout the year for some items
It never has been good. Just spanners thinking they are getting deals when it's really end of line deals.
yozzman123429/11/2019 22:24

UE mega boom for £69.99iPad Pro 2017 (10.5) 256 GB £399Are probably my b …UE mega boom for £69.99iPad Pro 2017 (10.5) 256 GB £399Are probably my best buys Nothing special but saved a few quid Pic nic set from Amazon down from £40 to £7 and a few other bits . Nothing like the Black Friday I had in Vegas a few years ago !

What was it like over in the US? Can imagine its pretty crazy, must be all the hype of the UK if not more but you actually do get a bargain?
TH7129/11/2019 22:41

Worst one yet. Nothing special really just the odd things here and there. …Worst one yet. Nothing special really just the odd things here and there. Always guarantee the Amazon Tablet thing and Google Mini to be one of the first to show in recent yearsSupply and Demand is what it is all aboutBetter offers have been seem throughout the year for some items

Tell me about it. I popped to Tesco earlier today and the first thing I saw was a stack of Toshiba TVs and some Amazon Fire tablets. I thought I had just stepped out of a time machine back a few years. Same old garbage. Now its onto Cyber Monday, cant wait

I have saved hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds already.

I have not bought anything either.
Absolutely garbage this year, worst on record.
Edited by: "moneybanks14" 30th Nov
ryshaz30/11/2019 00:08

What was it like over in the US? Can imagine its pretty crazy, must be all …What was it like over in the US? Can imagine its pretty crazy, must be all the hype of the UK if not more but you actually do get a bargain?

It was crazy , they just drop the price on clothes to silly prices in the outlets.
Levi's 501 dropped to $10 from $40 and they where £50 in the UK a standard shopping day .
Bought 10 pairs , Hugo Boss set of 3 boxers $8 and grabbed 10 of them .
Timberland boots $30 from $80
3 pairs of trainers and much more .
We also had to purchase another suitcase in the sales to fit it all in .
And was lucky when we got to the airport as Virgin didn't charge because it wasn't a full flight .
Edited by: "yozzman1234" 30th Nov
Only xbox one deals, was going to but one just to get a deal but don't want one.
I bought 2 things on BF, neither was because of the day but general Xmas presents at normal prices.

Looking at the 16 hottest deals of the day on HUKD yesterday told me everything I needed to know, 12 of them for most of the day were console related.

Better deals to be had away from BF most of the time.
yozzman123430/11/2019 05:54

It was crazy , they just drop the price on clothes to silly prices in the …It was crazy , they just drop the price on clothes to silly prices in the outlets. Levi's 501 dropped to $10 from $40 and they where £50 in the UK a standard shopping day .Bought 10 pairs , Hugo Boss set of 3 boxers $8 and grabbed 10 of them . Timberland boots $30 from $80 3 pairs of trainers and much more .We also had to purchase another suitcase in the sales to fit it all in . And was lucky when we got to the airport as Virgin didn't charge because it wasn't a full flight .

Went to the US in May 2019, first time I had been although heard it was cheap. Took a trip to the outlets and was blown away at the prices. I felt rich! Haha, crazy prices. Wish it was a little more like that here but cant see it ever happening. Sounds like you got some bargains there, especially with the airline not charging. Am gonna forget about black friday here and save for a trip to the US!
eelvis30/11/2019 13:10

Only xbox one deals, was going to but one just to get a deal but don't …Only xbox one deals, was going to but one just to get a deal but don't want one.

Haha same, already have a One X but felt as though I was getting brainwashed with all these £109.00 deals! Glad I didn't, like you say, I dont even want one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants