Black Friday question

Posted 10th Nov
Moving to a new place and need to furnish it with literally every household item.

I've only ever purchased electronics type stuff on BF. Wondering if there's likely to be many great deals on furniture on BF? Particularly the bigger items - sofa, bed, office furniture.

Need to order a sofa ASAP given the lead times, but I can wait a few weeks if there's a good chance it'll be worth it.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

5 Comments
Try dfs or scs they have a big sale on ending soon
Not usually the best time, there will be some of the usual permanent sale prices, normally better after Christmas for large items for actual discount.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 10th Nov
Not sure where you are, but have a look around for outlet centres. There is a John Lewis one in Swindon, which has pretty much all household goods for much cheaper than normal John Lewis shops. You might manage to get a sofa with no lead time. Harvey’s and other stores have similar outlets, you’ll get better quality than DFS with immediate availability.
ktm66610/11/2019 18:16

Not sure where you are, but have a look around for outlet centres. There …Not sure where you are, but have a look around for outlet centres. There is a John Lewis one in Swindon, which has pretty much all household goods for much cheaper than normal John Lewis shops. You might manage to get a sofa with no lead time. Harvey’s and other stores have similar outlets, you’ll get better quality than DFS with immediate availability.

Nice idea. I'm in Torquay/Devon/south west. Might look around, sure there's something in Plymouth or Exeter.
drunksuperhero10/11/2019 18:30

Nice idea. I'm in Torquay/Devon/south west. Might look around, sure …Nice idea. I'm in Torquay/Devon/south west. Might look around, sure there's something in Plymouth or Exeter.

It might be worth popping into John Lewis and asking them. I bought a washing machine last year and got talking to the assistant who said they had a customer return one at their Avonmouth depot. I got a Bosch washing machine for £200 less than the store price, with a full warranty. I’ve also bought some of their ex display stuff in the past. Any store might be selling off ex display stuff, I’ve just had good experience with John Lewis, so cant really comment on other stores
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants