Black Friday Ready!? Win 1 of 2 £500 Pre-Paid Mastercard Gift Cards (plus 5 x £20 in thread vouchers to give away!)

Posted 4th Nov
To help you with your Black Friday shopping sprees we'll be giving away 2 x £500 Pre-Paid Mastercard Gift Cards

To enter just head to our competition page where you can collect entries for completing certain task >> CLICK HERE <<

3324075.jpg

The entry tasks are designed to help you stand the best possible chance of grabbing the hottest Black Friday bargains.

Within this thread we'll also be giving away 5 x £20 Pre-Paid Mastercard Giftcards.

These will be awarded to members for sharing their best tips and telling others about their most memorable Black Friday purchases. We'll pick one winner a day for the next 5 days (starting 5th Nov) and they'll be announced in this thread.

Ful T&Cs for the competition can be found on the link above.
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Tips for Black Friday:

1) Don’t sleep
2) Don’t eat (save your money)
3) Don’t talk to anyone (concentrate on deals)
4) Have Amazon at the ready
5) Don’t sit on the “Hot deals” section on HUKD, get on the “New deals” section (if you’re not first, you’re last)
6) Black Friday is everyday on HUKD (be prepared)
7) Find the glitches (don’t wait for them)

Good luck
Here's a tip for Amazon: always always always check 3 camels before buying.

camelcamelcamel.com/
I did most of the tasks for entries but nothing is gonna persuade me to sign up to Instagram :).
"Follow us on Instagram"

Many of us don't do instagram
134 Comments
So what if I’ve already done all that (in previous competitions)?
claire751904/11/2019 16:20

So what if I’ve already done all that (in previous competitions)?

Click on the entry requirement and it'll log whether it has been completed.
Now this is a competition I'd love to win
Edited by: "jamie15" 4th Nov
Tips for Black Friday:

1) Don’t sleep
2) Don’t eat (save your money)
3) Don’t talk to anyone (concentrate on deals)
4) Have Amazon at the ready
5) Don’t sit on the “Hot deals” section on HUKD, get on the “New deals” section (if you’re not first, you’re last)
6) Black Friday is everyday on HUKD (be prepared)
7) Find the glitches (don’t wait for them)

Good luck
Most essential part - book a day off work. (Not serious). Also, don’t plan a 5 hour drive to Wales like me. How am I going to buy things I don’t need?!
JohnnyRoller04/11/2019 17:00

Tips for Black Friday:1) Don’t sleep2) Don’t eat (save your money)3) Don’t …Tips for Black Friday:1) Don’t sleep2) Don’t eat (save your money)3) Don’t talk to anyone (concentrate on deals)4) Have Amazon at the ready5) Don’t sit on the “Hot deals” section on HUKD, get on the “New deals” section (if you’re not first, you’re last)6) Black Friday is everyday on HUKD (be prepared)7) Find the glitches (don’t wait for them) Good luck

Sang to the freddy krueger tune
I did most of the tasks for entries but nothing is gonna persuade me to sign up to Instagram :).
Me have no tip, gimme £20 card - me deserve

In all seriousness, my best Black Friday deal here was the £1 16GB flash drive from My Memory. Happy days.
"Follow us on Instagram"

Many of us don't do instagram
Keep tuned to Hotukdeals.

Compare (benchmark) against Amazon and John Lewis. REMEMBER it's only A BARGAIN If you NEED IT !!!!

Don't ALWAYS believe the savings!

I bagged (great build) LEGO City Passenger RC Train 60197 £67.99 last year!

Also Saved £20 on wireless headphones and £80 on desktop PC.
Birdyyyy9504/11/2019 19:39

Most essential part - book a day off work. (Not serious). Also, don’t plan …Most essential part - book a day off work. (Not serious). Also, don’t plan a 5 hour drive to Wales like me. How am I going to buy things I don’t need?!

I always book a day off work. Get kids to bed, pay off amex balance and have HotUKDeals on one monitor, Amazon on another and wait till midnight for it all to kick off.
Don't have Instagram so I guess I am out but best of luck to everyone
Here's a tip for Amazon: always always always check 3 camels before buying.

camelcamelcamel.com/
Tip: plan ahead for what you want to buy and make sure the price you're paying is actually a good deal.
MrBaz04/11/2019 20:23

Don't have Instagram so I guess I am out but best of luck to everyone …Don't have Instagram so I guess I am out but best of luck to everyone

You don't need Instagram for all the entries.
My top tip is get your kids xmas list sorted
If you are planniing on getting a phone this Black Friday then my top tip would be to follow @MrSwitch
Edited by: "neoep" 4th Nov
The terms and conditions state that they are giving away 'Matercards'. Can I only spend them on my mum?
Best black Friday tips: don't shop on black Friday! You'll find most of the prices are either the same as before, or prices raised a week before the start of black Friday then discounted on the day of the sale.
neoep04/11/2019 21:00

If you are planniing on getting a phone this Black Friday then my top tip …If you are planniing on getting a phone this Black Friday then my top tip would be to follow @MrSwitch

Good tip.
Save enormous amounts of money... by simply ignoring the whole thing

(someone had to say it)
sit on a bucket for the best deals...you snooze you lose
Main tips for Black Friday...
Don't get carried away.
Always price check.
See what historical prices for item have been.
In you can't afford something, don't buy it.
Have fun.
Wear sunscreen.
Be excellent to each other...
and party on, dudes
Edited by: "jayhutton10" 7th Nov
Top Tip: Use a price tracker like Keepa when shopping on Amazon to be alerted when the price drops or just to see what price it has been in the past!
Best 'deal' was my glacier white PS4 and that wasn't even an advertised BF deal, just spotted it cheaper than the actual deal price on amazon.
Edited by: "jayhutton10" 4th Nov
jamie1504/11/2019 16:35

Now this is a competition I'd love to win

pfff winners are generally smurf accounts or 'friends' of hukd'ers or bot spammers
tentimestootart04/11/2019 21:10

Save enormous amounts of money... by simply ignoring the whole …Save enormous amounts of money... by simply ignoring the whole thing(someone had to say it)

best tip so far save loads of money don't look on hotukdeals
Most memorable Black Friday was none of them, ever
sadly despite trying have never ever bagged a Black Friday bargain
But am always glued to HUKD ready to strike!
If I won the prize, it may well be Oled TV time
Lucifer_UK04/11/2019 21:20

pfff winners are generally smurf accounts or 'friends' of hukd'ers or bot …pfff winners are generally smurf accounts or 'friends' of hukd'ers or bot spammers

Comps here are legit, I've won before. Unfortunately a lot of newbies win and don't bother coming back though
jamie1504/11/2019 21:21

Comps here are legit, I've won before. Unfortunately a lot of newbies win …Comps here are legit, I've won before. Unfortunately a lot of newbies win and don't bother coming back though

bullshizzle. been on here for too long to see the scams that go on.
A good tip for this thread is to press ‘see more’ so you know why everyone’s giving tips! I thought everyone was just getting giddy
Lucifer_UK04/11/2019 21:22

I won £100 JL and £50 Amazon, both paid out.
one tip: clear your credit cards now
Step back and think: 'am I getting a good deal?'

Use Hotukdeals to check to see if the product you want to buy isn't available cheaper anywhere else

Not long enough then to realise what you say is completely untrue

We give away tens of thousands of pounds worth of prizes every year across site and our social networks.
Done
Why not make a competition that is truly fair and equal to all hotukdeals members?

Why do you always want something back, whether it's cross-promotion, personal information or my social media presence, deal commenting/posting?

I do these things as much as I can anyway and give my time freely.
Edited by: "matedodgy" 4th Nov

I've also won the VIP goody bag and can confirm it was received.
jaydeeuk104/11/2019 19:59

I always book a day off work. Get kids to bed, pay off amex balance and …I always book a day off work. Get kids to bed, pay off amex balance and have HotUKDeals on one monitor, Amazon on another and wait till midnight for it all to kick off.

Me too I do have a hour window for school run.
I also have a list of products I'm looking for so I'm not going in blind lol
Dark_Lord_Meh04/11/2019 20:33

Tip: plan ahead for what you want to buy and make sure the price you're …Tip: plan ahead for what you want to buy and make sure the price you're paying is actually a good deal.

I track items running up and last year I bought my switch a day early and had the company adjust the price the next day as it had changed and hadn't arrived
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants