Black Friday to Cyber Monday deals only - any one bought deal goods "Made in UK" goods please?

Found 25th Nov 2017Edited by:"splender"
I spent ~£500 on a Sony telly and some clothes (imported).

On reflection I didn't see anyone posted any Black Friday deal for stuff made in the UK.

So, did you buy any British made stuff? Or planning to buy before end of Cyber Monday?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
A loaf of bread and half a dozen eggs
MSK.10 m ago

I made some things while being in Britain. Does that count?I don't know …I made some things while being in Britain. Does that count?I don't know where what I've bought was made. I tend to buy things based on whether I need them, not where they are manufactured. You appear to be the same.

I took the British eggs, added some British cream and British milk and made ice cream in my kitchen which is certainly in Britain. I chopped up a bar of Orkney fudge to flavour it. I am now feeling intensely patriotic. I feel I may be propping up the entire economy single handedly.
57 Comments
I suspect many did buy somethbut aren’t aware of it
Edited by: "eslick" 25th Nov 2017
Just the usual Taylors of Old Bond Street shaving creams that I would buy normally but were cheaper by 10%.

Most of the British names don't need to discount when there are thousands of foreigners lining to buy everything! Clothes, shoes etc.
I got my LG telly from Reliant Direct in St. Annes.
That do?
I made some things while being in Britain. Does that count?

I don't know where what I've bought was made. I tend to buy things based on whether I need them, not where they are manufactured. You appear to be the same.
deeky25 m ago

I got my LG telly from Reliant Direct in St. Annes. That do?

Nope.
psychobitchfromhell33 m ago

Now, now, there is no Black Friday deal in bread and eggs but I'll accept a photo of "Black Friday" label on a bread shelf and an egg shelf.
MSK.10 m ago

I made some things while being in Britain. Does that count?I don't know …I made some things while being in Britain. Does that count?I don't know where what I've bought was made. I tend to buy things based on whether I need them, not where they are manufactured. You appear to be the same.

I took the British eggs, added some British cream and British milk and made ice cream in my kitchen which is certainly in Britain. I chopped up a bar of Orkney fudge to flavour it. I am now feeling intensely patriotic. I feel I may be propping up the entire economy single handedly.
splender6 m ago

Now, now, there is no Black Friday deal in bread and eggs but I'll accept …Now, now, there is no Black Friday deal in bread and eggs but I'll accept a photo of "Black Friday" label on a bread shelf and an egg shelf.

The bread was reduced by 30% because it had reached its sell by date. Also in your title you never said it had to be a deal, just bought on black Friday. I didn't do a lot or black Friday shopping as you can probably probably gather. Eggs I have to admit paying full price for.
MSK.20 m ago

I do look on the label, where, like if it is Isle of Man smoked herring, Manx herrings, then I am happy to pay 10%, 20% more. If say it is Made in UK then I am OK to pay a lot more as a treat.

I had bought these short and long vests in the past as a treat during the 50% sale but the prices have gone way up since they decided to move higher in the price range sadly (and had a deal with Daniel Craig - James Bond 007) sunspel.com/uk/ (Made in England), so their 15% off Black Friday is way too expensive now and is not a deal at all.
MSK.23 m ago

I'll accept this if you sold what you had made, say normally you would sell £x on things that you made, but on Black Friday you sold at a discount as a Black Friday deal.
psychobitchfromhell13 m ago

The bread was reduced by 30% because it had reached its sell by date. Also …The bread was reduced by 30% because it had reached its sell by date. Also in your title you never said it had to be a deal, just bought on black Friday. I didn't do a lot or black Friday shopping as you can probably probably gather. Eggs I have to admit paying full price for.

I let this, you made a very good point, I have changed my discussion thread item to clarify that the item has to be a Black Friday to Cyber Monday deal, on-line or on shelf marked with a label .
32565445-lrZCK.jpg
deeky1 h, 3 m ago

I got my LG telly from Reliant Direct in St. Annes. That do?

Second reply to you, you bought LG TV and I bought Sony TV.
As a matter of interest Cello brand TV Is Made in UK, celloelectronics.com/
Factory is in Bishop Auckland, County Durham,

I don't know much about this brand but eBuyer sells them ebuyer.com/sea…llo

32565475-xS3p6.jpg
Edited by: "splender" 25th Nov 2017
splender6 m ago

Second reply to you, you bought LG TV and I bought Sony TV. As a matter of …Second reply to you, you bought LG TV and I bought Sony TV. As a matter of interest Cello brand TV Is Made in UK, http://celloelectronics.com/On their web site on right hand side has this:-[Image]

Tbh, I don't care where my stuff is made. If everyone else said 'ok, we'll all buy British' then I would join in, but I won't deprive myself of what I want and like, as a matter of principal, while everyone else goes ahead buying whatever they like. Nope, not happening.
deeky9 m ago

Tbh, I don't care where my stuff is made. If everyone else said 'ok, we'll …Tbh, I don't care where my stuff is made. If everyone else said 'ok, we'll all buy British' then I would join in, but I won't deprive myself of what I want and like, as a matter of principal, while everyone else goes ahead buying whatever they like. Nope, not happening.

Fair enough, I was curious what British stuff that people may have bought as good deals during 4 days of Black Friday. to Cyber Monday as I may be interested.
I haven't actually been out and bought any yet, but lidl have 24 cans of Pepsi max for a fiver. Was intending on picking some up tomorrow. I believe it is produced in the UK and it is one of their listed black Friday deals. Can have some points?
splender40 m ago

I do look on the label, where, like if it is Isle of Man smoked herring, …I do look on the label, where, like if it is Isle of Man smoked herring, Manx herrings, then I am happy to pay 10%, 20% more. If say it is Made in UK then I am OK to pay a lot more as a treat.I had bought these short and long vests in the past as a treat during the 50% sale but the prices have gone way up since they decided to move higher in the price range sadly (and had a deal with Daniel Craig - James Bond 007) https://www.sunspel.com/uk/ (Made in England), so their 15% off Black Friday is way too expensive now and is not a deal at all.

How do you look at the label of things you buy online? Context, most deals here are online.
I put my Christmas order in for some smoked trout pate

fjordling.co.uk/pro…te/

I recon that'll count for being British but not particularly Black Friday-ish. It's cheaper through my village shop than online so maybe it might count?!
I really wanted a good deal on an apple TV 4K 32GB but I haven't seen any discounts and they're far too expensive. A friend borrowed my old apple tv 3rd gen and broke it, these things happen, so I'd love a new one for Christmas (but not if it costs £179 ).
I did buy a handmade wicker wine carrier for my father, made in the UK

Like this:

32565770-rvWf2.jpg
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 6 m ago

The bread was reduced by 30% because it had reached its sell by date. Also …The bread was reduced by 30% because it had reached its sell by date. Also in your title you never said it had to be a deal, just bought on black Friday. I didn't do a lot or black Friday shopping as you can probably probably gather. Eggs I have to admit paying full price for.

Were the eggs from happy chickens?

Thinking of eggs, have you ever tried the Clarence Court eggs? They are the best supermarket eggs I've ever had and they are utterly delicious. I don't buy them often as they're more expensive than the usual eggs, and don't come in large so they are not ideal for baking, but if you ever have a fry up, boiled eggs or similar you should try them. Mmmmm. On the rare occasion I've needed to bake with them the cake batter has come out nearly orange from the bright colour of the yolk!
MSK.26 m ago

How do you look at the label of things you buy online? Context, most …How do you look at the label of things you buy online? Context, most deals here are online.

I did say, "What did you buy..." in my opening comment. So you can look after you bought.
splender3 m ago

I did say, "What did you buy..." in my opening comment. So you can look …I did say, "What did you buy..." in my opening comment. So you can look after you bought.

I don't know about anyone else, but the earliest any of my stuff is arriving is Tuesday. So as of yet, I can't.
sicklysweet31 m ago

I put my Christmas order in for some smoked trout pate I put my Christmas order in for some smoked trout pate https://fjordling.co.uk/products/fjordling-pate/I recon that'll count for being British but not particularly Black Friday-ish. It's cheaper through my village shop than online so maybe it might count?!

Ooh, close one, as there are on-line fish products web sites. It has to be promoted as "Black Friday". Like this Black Friday deal musclefood.com/bla…ay/ and salmon (and other things) from Morrisons Black Friday deals
MSK.10 m ago

I don't know about anyone else, but the earliest any of my stuff is …I don't know about anyone else, but the earliest any of my stuff is arriving is Tuesday. So as of yet, I can't.

This thread can wait to hear from you in a few days. The stuff that I bought have not arrived in the post as yet too but I am pretty confident none was made in UK (Sony and cheap clothes, possibly one or two made in France).
Edited by: "splender" 26th Nov 2017
splender1 m ago

This thread can wait to hear from you in a few days.

That's very kind
sicklysweet27 m ago

Were the eggs from happy chickens? Thinking of eggs, have you ever tried …Were the eggs from happy chickens? Thinking of eggs, have you ever tried the Clarence Court eggs? They are the best supermarket eggs I've ever had and they are utterly delicious. I don't buy them often as they're more expensive than the usual eggs, and don't come in large so they are not ideal for baking, but if you ever have a fry up, boiled eggs or similar you should try them. Mmmmm. On the rare occasion I've needed to bake with them the cake batter has come out nearly orange from the bright colour of the yolk!

Only ever buy free range. Never heard of Clarence court eggs. I'll look out for them. Was thinking about having a bit of a full English this week so will look out for these.
What a dumb thread.
psychobitchfromhell11 m ago

Only ever buy free range. Never heard of Clarence court eggs. I'll look …Only ever buy free range. Never heard of Clarence court eggs. I'll look out for them. Was thinking about having a bit of a full English this week so will look out for these.

If you like Clarence Court purple carton Legbar eggs, then Lidl has the same eggs much cheaper, though I think they are a tad smaller than those in Waitrose, still good value in Lidl though.
sicklysweet39 m ago

Were the eggs from happy chickens? Thinking of eggs, have you ever tried …Were the eggs from happy chickens? Thinking of eggs, have you ever tried the Clarence Court eggs? They are the best supermarket eggs I've ever had and they are utterly delicious. I don't buy them often as they're more expensive than the usual eggs, and don't come in large so they are not ideal for baking, but if you ever have a fry up, boiled eggs or similar you should try them. Mmmmm. On the rare occasion I've needed to bake with them the cake batter has come out nearly orange from the bright colour of the yolk!

Bought some Yorkshire teabags...........
splender6 m ago

If you like Clarence Court purple carton Legbar eggs, then Lidl has the …If you like Clarence Court purple carton Legbar eggs, then Lidl has the same eggs much cheaper, though I think they are a tad smaller than those in Waitrose, still good value in Lidl though.

Tis lidl eggs I bought. Lidl free range. Am I doing something right?
psychobitchfromhell3 m ago

Tis lidl eggs I bought. Lidl free range. Am I doing something right?

The best eggs for taste at Lidl is the purple carton one, £1.80 ish for 6, no Black Friday deal though.
splender8 m ago

The best eggs for taste at Lidl is the purple carton one, £1.80 ish for 6, …The best eggs for taste at Lidl is the purple carton one, £1.80 ish for 6, no Black Friday deal though.

These I will look out for. Hopefully I will not have to wait a year on the off chance they are discounted next black Friday.
Hot point oven ,hob and hood for £370
splender9 h, 3 m ago

.I had bought these short and long vests in the past as a treat during the ….I had bought these short and long vests in the past as a treat during the 50% sale but the prices have gone way up since they decided to move higher in the price range sadly (and had a deal with Daniel Craig - James Bond 007) https://www.sunspel.com/uk/ (Made in England), so their 15% off Black Friday is way too expensive now and is not a deal at all.

Wy are you telling us this?
ashmac1 h, 0 m ago

Hot point oven ,hob and hood for £370

American company, most ovens made in Italy
splender10 h, 4 m ago

Second reply to you, you bought LG TV and I bought Sony TV. As a matter of …Second reply to you, you bought LG TV and I bought Sony TV. As a matter of interest Cello brand TV Is Made in UK, http://celloelectronics.com/Factory is in Bishop Auckland, County Durham,I don't know much about this brand but eBuyer sells them https://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=cello[Image]

That brand is a disgrace to The UK. Very very cheap they do nothing else but assemble them in the uk, the parts a low quality steer well clear!
OllieSt1 h, 26 m ago

Wy are you telling us this?

A Black Friday deal for made in UK clothing people may treat themselves, for fans of modern 007, off the top of my head.
I bought a Union Flag badge, the fact that it has “made in China” stamped on it might void my British purchase.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants