Black Friday UK: just one in 20 discounts are genuine, research finds

Posted 26th Nov
"Consumer group Which? finds most items have same or lower prices at other times of year"

Can't say I'm surprised....
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

13 Comments
deleted1471098
Didn’t really need that research to tell me that. I buy far more before Black Friday than I do around it as everything is dearer then.
Really? Wow!

Rumour has it Which's next investigations will be into the spiritual beliefs of the pope and the toiletting habits of bears.
So we're pretending that Which? is a "consumer group" now, are we?
Some people will believe anything they read.

The OP's post has less substance than whatever lie of the month the conservatives are sticking on buses or bin lorries at the moment.

Non-attributed quotes, and that old chestnut, "research finds"
Edited by: "Make.Amazon.Great.Again" 26th Nov
deleted147109826/11/2019 07:58

Didn’t really need that research to tell me that. I buy far more before B …Didn’t really need that research to tell me that. I buy far more before Black Friday than I do around it as everything is dearer then.

spoo26/11/2019 08:22

Really? Wow!Rumour has it Which's next investigations will be into the …Really? Wow!Rumour has it Which's next investigations will be into the spiritual beliefs of the pope and the toiletting habits of bears.

Make.Amazon.Great.Again26/11/2019 08:26

So we're pretending that Which? is a "consumer group" now, are we?Some …So we're pretending that Which? is a "consumer group" now, are we?Some people will believe anything they read.The OP's post has less substance than whatever lie of the month the conservatives are sticking on buses or bin lorries at the moment.Non-attributed quotes, and that old chestnut, "research finds"

Lol I love an angry response!
After working in retail I know that and also in the sales we have stock that's been in storage brought back out to put in the sale.
Not many are genuine reductions.
You need to be on the ball when buying
I heard this on the radio this morning, and they mentioned that lower prices could usually be found within 3 months before or after Black Friday for electronic goods. Of course they can, Black Friday is often the start of the clear out of electronic goods before new versions etc are released, so by 3 months later (end of Feb) they will have been replaced by a new model and the price will dip further. Just look back at the prices on this site for things like a specific model of phone and compare to the price 6 months ago.
Black Friday is just a convenient day to advertise a “sale” for Christmas shoppers. It is nothing more than that, so this research is pretty pointless to be honest. Obviously other sales will have better prices, as there are specific items that have poor sales at different times in the year.
I say it every year BF/CM is just a consumer feeding frenzy for the ignorant masses. The real deals come after as retailers start to panic.
You do get the odd bargain and it's easy enough to check price histories now , especially on larger electrical items.
anthea26/11/2019 08:35

After working in retail I know that and also in the sales we have stock …After working in retail I know that and also in the sales we have stock that's been in storage brought back out to put in the sale.Not many are genuine reductions. You need to be on the ball when buying

NEXT is the best one for this, the whole business model seems to be based around the 'sales'.
deleted1471098
AgentDaleCooper26/11/2019 08:32

Lol I love an angry response!

No anger in my response, just disappointment at people’s stupidity....
deleted147109826/11/2019 11:55

No anger in my response, just disappointment at people’s stupidity....

Is that aimed at the me or the article?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions