Black Friday - what have you purchased?

Found 24th Nov 2017
I have purchased absolutely nothing

Was tempted by the Garmin235, but could not justify it
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Absolutly nothing, don't see any major discounts to attract me enough to buy anything I don't really need!
Me neither slept most of the day
32551773-eEbsd.jpg
Couple of games - Horizon -zero Dawn (PS4) and Forza Horizon 3 for you know what

Oh, and my beautiful LG OLED55E7N a few days ago.
Edited by: "deeky" 24th Nov 2017
lamboo1 m ago

Purchased the Virgin Mobile unlimited sim £20pm, Chromecast …Purchased the Virgin Mobile unlimited sim £20pm, Chromecast £19.00.Treating the other half to a new Dyson Was tempted to buy the LG OLED 55" on offer but I finally saw the light

Meh, I can never think of nice presents for my hobgoblin. How do you come up with these ideas?
80 Comments
Absolutly nothing, don't see any major discounts to attract me enough to buy anything I don't really need!
Me neither slept most of the day
32551773-eEbsd.jpg
Purchased more in the previous week and days before BF (including Pandora Jewellery, and a Lawnmower and various video game stuff). Today all I have purchased is a couple of Switch games, MK8D + Just Dance 2018.

I would have purchased a bit more, but some of the windows of opportunity are very short and seem to miss a lot of online deals.
Edited by: "noahsdad" 24th Nov 2017
Just the Samsung Tab 10 as a present . Disappointed the Holiday firms didn't chip in with a voucher or two . Amazon ,totally useless , at least when they had deals popping up every 15 mins you could get a bit excited before realising it was a rubbish deal
An £8 hoodie, that's about it, also ordered a PS4 Pro bundle during the Currys Glitch for £199 and Currys are supposidly going to honor the deal so that is a nice surprise.

Otherwise another lackluster BF all around,they have never been as good since they first started it a few years ago in the UK and they had £50 Xbox 360's and Wii's.
I recall last year that Cyber Monday was a bit better for electrical related stuff.

Isn't there a Toxic Tuesday or something like that as well to come??
Couple of games - Horizon -zero Dawn (PS4) and Forza Horizon 3 for you know what

Oh, and my beautiful LG OLED55E7N a few days ago.
Edited by: "deeky" 24th Nov 2017
Purchased the Virgin Mobile unlimited sim £20pm, Chromecast £19.00.
Treating the other half to a new Dyson

Was tempted to buy the LG OLED 55" on offer but I finally saw the light
lamboo1 m ago

Purchased the Virgin Mobile unlimited sim £20pm, Chromecast …Purchased the Virgin Mobile unlimited sim £20pm, Chromecast £19.00.Treating the other half to a new Dyson Was tempted to buy the LG OLED 55" on offer but I finally saw the light

Meh, I can never think of nice presents for my hobgoblin. How do you come up with these ideas?
deeky10 m ago

Forza Horizon 3 for you know what

PC?
Biddy21 m ago

PC?

Nope, only got a weedy laptop
I guess that narrows it down a bit?
deeky4 m ago

Nope, only got a weedy laptop I guess that narrows it down a bit?

Well it wouldn’t be an Xbox because you’d never buy an xbo... Deeky? Have yo...

32552537-WzkJJ.jpg
Biddy21 m ago

Well it wouldn’t be an Xbox because you’d never buy an xbo... Deeky? Have y …Well it wouldn’t be an Xbox because you’d never buy an xbo... Deeky? Have yo...[Image]

At £45 it would have been rude not to
i bought a Moomin
32552603-EqPNl.jpg
deeky8 m ago

At £45 it would have been rude not to

Bargain. Forza Horizon 3 is very good.

I’m well jealous of your new swanky OLED. I wanted one but I didn’t want to lose 3D so I bought this. richersounds.com/tv-…tml

Was £1099 until last night. Then I found Hughes had reduced it too but had a discount code for another £40 off so Richer Sounds are refunding £50 back to me. I’m happy with that. Can sell my current non HDR 4K TV for £400ish according to some completed listings on eBay.

Oh and Bloodborne is like crack. So addictive. Not that I’ve tried crack mind but I assume it’s as addictive.
wiggywig5 m ago

i bought a Moomin [Image]

32552682-5R2Wo.jpg
The galaxy tab for £149, was in the market for a vr for the PS4 and was hoping for a £199 deal with no games apart from vr world's,
Hue starter kit and a dash button to diddle.

Did I mention tv deals are ****? I'm not sure if I have
Garmin 520 bundle 😁 well happy with that
Biddy27 m ago

Bargain. Forza Horizon 3 is very good. I’m well jealous of your new s …Bargain. Forza Horizon 3 is very good. I’m well jealous of your new swanky OLED. I wanted one but I didn’t want to lose 3D so I bought this. https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors/panasonic-tvs/panasonic-tx50ex750b.htmlWas £1099 until last night. Then I found Hughes had reduced it too but had a discount code for another £40 off so Richer Sounds are refunding £50 back to me. I’m happy with that. Can sell my current non HDR 4K TV for £400ish according to some completed listings on eBay. Oh and Bloodborne is like crack. So addictive. Not that I’ve tried crack mind but I assume it’s as addictive.

I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Wait till you meet the bosses, you're in for a treat.
Telly looks great. My first flat screen was a Panasonic 32" about 10 years ago. It's still in the shed, works perfectly
wiggywig12 m ago

i bought a Moomin [Image]

As a kid this program used to make me my pants. Something weird about em
Lots of PS VR stuff, a few Xiaomi Miband thingies and a Doogee BL5000 phone last week, but absolutely nothing today. If I'd been on the ball I would've bought the Curry's PS4 Pro mind!
deeky5 m ago

I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Wait till you meet the bosses, you're …I'm really glad you're enjoying it. Wait till you meet the bosses, you're in for a treat.Telly looks great. My first flat screen was a Panasonic 32" about 10 years ago. It's still in the shed, works perfectly

Is that where you go to watch TV when you’re in trouble with Mrs Deeky?

By treat, do you mean a good beating? I got a bit cocky last night and tried to take on two wolves on a bridge. They killed me and then I tried to go all Rambo to get back to them and died again. Lost 3000 blood stone things. Called it a night at that point.
*Xiaomi mi band 2 for £7 quid odd
*loads of lego sets for lads xmas
*4-5 games for xbox or ps4
*JD Gentleman Jack £19.99
*xiaomi yeelight for 7 quid odd
*playseat challenge
*micro sd card
*yi dashcam
*yi action camera
*ps4 pro with 4 games - £199
*planet earth II 4k blu ray
*r7800 router

Decent day overall!!
MSK.9 m ago

Hue starter kit and a dash button to diddle.Did I mention tv deals are …Hue starter kit and a dash button to diddle.Did I mention tv deals are ****? I'm not sure if I have

What’s a “dash button to diddle” ?
All of mine are yet to be confirmed yet but it could be:

Chromecast for £19
TLOU Remastered £12.50
Uncharted Collection £12.50
Currys PS4 Pro £199 deal.

All need to be there for collection or actually come through!
I was actually looking for items in Amazon Warehouse to top up my basket for add on. Randomly saw a roll of clingfilm and some foreign language Pokémon cards for a few quid ,got them for a laugh. When it arrived the clingfilm was already atleast half used and someone had taken the shiny from the Pokémon card
Biddy212 m ago

Is that where you go to watch TV when you’re in trouble with Mrs Deeky? X …Is that where you go to watch TV when you’re in trouble with Mrs Deeky? By treat, do you mean a good beating? I got a bit cocky last night and tried to take on two wolves on a bridge. They killed me and then I tried to go all Rambo to get back to them and died again. Lost 3000 blood stone things. Called it a night at that point.

I know exactly where you mean

*spoiler alert*

Easy kills. Just grab their attention then jib down the stair of the house where you emerged. They can't fit through the door but are too stoopid to just leave you be, and you just take them out gradually as they try to get down to you.

*End of spoiler alert*

You've done really well to get there. I know loads who have given up on the street where the dossers are round the fire
Have you got the sound hooked up to your sound system? The sound effects are brilliant I think.
Black Friday week

Google Home Mini £34
Chromecast £20
Mi Band 2 £7.63

Using cashbacks and promotions and previous gift cards. Above cost me £12
Got a Bosch cordless combi drill with two batteries for 49.99! Half price!
deeky11 m ago

I know exactly where you mean *spoiler alert* Easy kills. Just grab …I know exactly where you mean *spoiler alert* Easy kills. Just grab their attention then jib down the stair of the house where you emerged. They can't fit through the door but are too stoopid to just leave you be, and you just take them out gradually as they try to get down to you. *End of spoiler alert*You've done really well to get there. I know loads who have given up on the street where the dossers are round the fire Have you got the sound hooked up to your sound system? The sound effects are brilliant I think.

Oh I see. That’s where I went wrong then as I threw a molotov at them. Cheers Deek.

The dossers weren’t too bad I thought. Just got the attention of one at a time in a “come and have a go if ya ‘ard enough” sort of way before running back a bit. Repeated that and then took out the ones with the guns.

I have got it hooked up. It’s pretty scary at times. Loving it. Really brings you into the world.
shabbird8 m ago

Black Friday weekGoogle Home Mini £34Chromecast £20Mi Band 2 £7.63Using ca …Black Friday weekGoogle Home Mini £34Chromecast £20Mi Band 2 £7.63Using cashbacks and promotions and previous gift cards. Above cost me £12

Nice going Shabs. That’s some greatdeal hunting there.
Biddy22 m ago

Nice going Shabs. That’s some greatdeal hunting there.

Thanks Biddy.
Biddy233 m ago

What’s a “dash button to diddle” ?

amazon.co.uk/Ama…031

Going to make one into a light switch. That's the plan anyway, after it's got me £3 off bin bags.
MSK.4 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Dash-Button/b?ie=UTF8&node=10833773031Going to make one into a light switch. That's the plan anyway, after it's got me £3 off bin bags.

You can do that? I wonder if it would work with an LiFX light? (I was too tight to pay for Philips Hue. ) Thanks. Gonna look into that.
Biddy24 m ago

You can do that? I wonder if it would work with an LiFX light? (I was …You can do that? I wonder if it would work with an LiFX light? (I was too tight to pay for Philips Hue. ) Thanks. Gonna look into that.

It has some limitations, but in in it just for the hell of it really. I needed a python project.

Looks like you can

steventso.com/ama…fx/

On what planet is lifx cheaper though?!
Edited by: "MSK." 24th Nov 2017
MSK.9 m ago

It has some limitations, but in in it just for the hell of it really. I …It has some limitations, but in in it just for the hell of it really. I needed a python project.Looks like you can :)https://www.google.co.uk/amp/steventso.com/amazon-dash-lifx/amp/On what planet is lifx cheaper though?!

I wanted a bulb just for my bedroom. It was £37 vs £120 for Hue with a bridge at the time. Made sense to me. At the time anyway.

Thanks for finding that info out. May have to give it a go as it can be a bit annoying when I go into my room and have left my tablet in the kitchen and need to turn the light on.

*Edit*I just realised how “First World Problems” that sounds.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 24th Nov 2017
Bought super lucky tales and a 24 beer case
Biddy23 m ago

I wanted a bulb just for my bedroom. It was £37 vs £120 for Hue with a b …I wanted a bulb just for my bedroom. It was £37 vs £120 for Hue with a bridge at the time. Made sense to me. At the time anyway. Thanks for finding that info out. May have to give it a go as it can be a bit annoying when I go into my room and have left my tablet in the kitchen and need to turn the light on.

I guess if you just need one I like the idea of them, but not the cost for many of them.

The annoying bit is I think it needs a computer of some sort to be in all the time for it to work. Could just be a pi or something though.
MSK.6 m ago

I guess if you just need one I like the idea of them, but not the cost …I guess if you just need one I like the idea of them, but not the cost for many of them.The annoying bit is I think it needs a computer of some sort to be in all the time for it to work. Could just be a pi or something though.

Ah. That could be a problem for me. Maybe I should just sort myself out and link my bulb to my phone too. I usually have one or the other on me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions