Groups

Black Lives Matter protests in the UK

Protest now holding up traffic in London, Birmingham and Nottingham.
    Is this something else the country has to contend with now?

159 Comments

white lives matter ...might start my own who's with me

ashmac

lives matter.

Fixed.

Why on earth are they protesting here??? I thought this was all happening in the states due to black people being shot by the cops?? Whats happened here? Did I miss something?

sparx1981

Why on earth are they protesting here??? I thought this was all happening … Why on earth are they protesting here??? I thought this was all happening in the states due to black people being shot by the cops?? Whats happened here? Did I miss something?

Yesterday was the anniversary of...

[ en.wikipedia.org/wik…gan ]

#BlackAugust etc.

[ facebook.com/BLMUK/ ]

3 August at 04:00 ·
    ---
    We call a nationwide ‪#‎Shutdown‬: 05.08.16. #Shutdown racism. #Shutdown violence. #Shutdown borders. ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬
    ---

No lives really matter in the grand scheme of things.

matt3454

No lives really matter in the grand scheme of things.

...and anybody can make a difference.

It's so confusing.

To be fair they are slaughtering coloured folk in the states, someone needs to take a stand against it.

KM4353

To be fair they are slaughtering coloured folk in the states, someone … To be fair they are slaughtering coloured folk in the states, someone needs to take a stand against it.

On dear... back to the 1970s.

White is a colour.

fanpages

On dear... back to the 1970s.White is a colour.

Well done.

http://i.imgur.com/be3kNKM.gif

What are the police doing just standing there looking at them? Why can't they just remove them?

Stopping traffic has to be the best way to **** people off. Well, actually maybe if they started knocking door to door or telemarketing.

Original Poster

I have never seen a black or white person in my life - lots of skin tones in between, but no one black or white.

commemorating a dead gangster X) says alot about this group of angry loons

Original Poster

deeky

What are the police doing just standing there looking at them? Why can't … What are the police doing just standing there looking at them? Why can't they just remove them?

Unfortunately the Police would be deemed racist if they did, which would play into the protestor's distorted worldview.

Predikuesi

Unfortunately the Police would be deemed racist if they did, which would … Unfortunately the Police would be deemed racist if they did, which would play into the protestor's distorted worldview.

Yeah, it's reverse racism. If I went and lay in the middle of the road I'm sure I'd soon be removed.

#BlackAugust why wasn't I told about this? Does this mean I get to go and block off the M5?

What a bunch of toilets for causing this, stopping people from getting to Heathrow and other commutes is just out of bloody order.

You want to protest about Mark Duggan fine but do it in away that doesn't effect others.

It just shows someones intelligence if that the first thing that comes of there mouth is something racist.

unleash the councils secret weapon
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Streetsweeper_CN100_Sinder.jpg

Do some people believe they don't have a right to protest?
    The whole Mark Duggan saga infuriates me, I don't believe the police did anything wrong but the events that followed were. Is this not the very reason they are protesting in the first place? Their lives are not equal to those of a different colour. Some of the comments posted in this forum( misc)just go to prove that they have a point.
    Some of us like to talk about British values but how many of us practice what we preach?

@KM4353
    To be fair more black African Americans are slaughtering more black African Americans than anyone else in the states, someone needs to take a stand against it.

Fixed that for you

they have an identity crisis so they have a phantom civil rights movement because that is where they feel comfortable and empowered. it's very sad but lucky it's just a small minority.

deeky

What are the police doing just standing there looking at them? Why can't … What are the police doing just standing there looking at them? Why can't they just remove them?

Exactly - in the case of Heathrow they are obstructing the highway which AFAIK is an arrestable offence

It's the political elite and their political correctness - they'd sooner turn the other cheek instead of grabbing it by the balls.
    Margaret Thatcher wouldn't of put up with such defecate

And lets not forget the political elite can re-arrange their meetings and find other means to continue to work whereby the average worker or holiday maker are the ones to suffer.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <

ThugBasher

#BlackAugust why wasn't I told about this? Does this mean I get to go and … #BlackAugust why wasn't I told about this? Does this mean I get to go and block off the M5?What a bunch of toilets for causing this, stopping people from getting to Heathrow and other commutes is just out of bloody order.You want to protest about Mark Duggan fine but do it in away that doesn't effect others.It just shows someones intelligence if that the first thing that comes of there mouth is something racist.

The problem is these activists think this will help fix racism

I wonder if we'll see another riot and mass looting spree this weekend to mark the five year anniversary.

freakstyler

I wonder if we'll see another riot and mass looting spree this weekend to … I wonder if we'll see another riot and mass looting spree this weekend to mark the five year anniversary.

Are you hoping to pick up some bargains?

Original Poster

zainarafiq

Do some people believe they don't have a right to protest? The whole Mark … Do some people believe they don't have a right to protest? The whole Mark Duggan saga infuriates me, I don't believe the police did anything wrong but the events that followed were. Is this not the very reason they are protesting in the first place? Their lives are not equal to those of a different colour. Some of the comments posted in this forum( misc)just go to prove that they have a point. Some of us like to talk about British values but how many of us practice what we preach?

They have a right to protest, but they have no right to prohibit others going about their lives.

I couldn't agree more. I am not a fan of groups like this, they may mean well but come across differently sometimes.
    I don't think its appropriate for this to happen on Mark Duggans anniversary considering the chaos the whole fiasco caused. I do believe they have the right to demonstrate/ protest, what I don't believe is causing obstruction or disruption.
    As another poster commented i hope the chavs don't use this an an excuse to go another shopping spree.

Bunch of muppets.
    Imagine missing a flight over this?

zainarafiq

I couldn't agree more. I am not a fan of groups like this, they may mean … I couldn't agree more. I am not a fan of groups like this, they may mean well but come across differently sometimes. I don't think its appropriate for this to happen on Mark Duggans anniversary considering the chaos the whole fiasco caused. I do believe they have the right to demonstrate/ protest, what I don't believe is causing obstruction or disruption. As another poster commented i hope the chavs don't use this an an excuse to go another shopping spree.

The problem is that demonstrators/protesters want people to notice them and the best way to do that is to get some publicity. And the best way to get publicity is to inconvenience as many people as possible.

If the media wasn't so keen on reporting every (in the way of things) minor occurrence, these sorts of protest just wouldn't happen. A lot of the blame should be at the doors of the 24/7 news organisations.

I don't doubt that some bright spark at Sky News has already got plans to get news camera crews to the usual troublespots within minutes of any sort of riot kicking off.

Black Lives Matter movement 'needed in UK'

Organiser Joshua Virasami told the BBC black people should come together "to achieve justice and equality in Britain and all over the world".

bbc.co.uk/new…748

video of joshua on today - bbc.co.uk/pro…yt7

today interview in full - about 55 minutes into programme -
    bbc.co.uk/pro…t4n

i see the original duggan thread has been nuked.

i intended to post a few weeks ago about a new movie celebrating the great man's life.

facebook.com/The…=ts

RonChew

The problem is that demonstrators/protesters want people to notice them … The problem is that demonstrators/protesters want people to notice them and the best way to do that is to get some publicity. And the best way to get publicity is to inconvenience as many people as possible. If the media wasn't so keen on reporting every (in the way of things) minor occurrence, these sorts of protest just wouldn't happen. A lot of the blame should be at the doors of the 24/7 news organisations. I don't doubt that some bright spark at Sky News has already got plans to get news camera crews to the usual troublespots within minutes of any sort of riot kicking off.

I think social media has changed the way things are reported on mainstream news. if things are trending and popular, mainstream news feels it needs to cover the story to reflect 'popularity' of said event.

ThugBasher

...It just shows someones intelligence if that the first thing that comes … ...It just shows someones intelligence if that the first thing that comes of there mouth is something racist.

Thank goodness you typed that.

just reprezentin. cos no black person committed a crime so no black person should be questioned or searched

seb

i see the original duggan thread has been nuked.i intended to post a few … i see the original duggan thread has been nuked.i intended to post a few weeks ago about a new movie celebrating the great man's life.https://www.facebook.com/TheHardStopFilm/?fref=ts

​you are joking...how about the victims of his violence and drug dealing...lots of heroes of all races and creeds who should be immortalozed in film...Duggan isn't one of them.

dtovey89

Bunch of muppets.Imagine missing a flight over this?

Sam the Eagle who, presumably, could fly, would be able to travel by car then disappear once in France.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/a8/cb/60/a8cb6042eba7fc7343ebdcf10ea8da58.jpg

[img]vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/mup…est?cb=20111014043747[/img]

Call me cynical but I see this as a ploy for Aid/funding via establishing as a cause representing a specific demographic. They will be registered as a charity and applying for all manner of sponsorship's to 'fund their cause' etc.

Something like this really isn't appropriate in the UK as the original movement was in a completely different context. UK policing and the policing of the USA differ in every regard, from funding levels, equipment, approach to the public, training skills, social challenges they face and even the most basic laws are different.

If anything the most persecuted demographic in the UK is the football fan, be he black/white/red/green or blue!!!

Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 5th Aug 2016

Racism is long gone in the UK, I'm not sure what they're hoping to achieve?, They probably don't even know themselves.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!1011
      2. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      3. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22
      4. How are Very for pre-orders ?33

See more discussions