Black Ops: Golden Gun Glitch

Found 18th Jan 2011
Got offered today, the "Golden Gun Glitch", which basically means I will get All weapons unlocked, All perks pro, and killstreaks all unlocked. (At any level)

The way to spot this is of someone has a golden gun and isn't upto prestige 14.

Anyway, If you see anyone with the golden gun and they are not at prestige 14 then report the cheating scumbags!

(Obviously they are too thick to not use the golden camo, and keep their cheating ways a secret)

22 Comments

because a golden gun makes them play 10x better.

So how do they get it?

I got exited till I got halfway through reading this. I thought you were going to offer me a chance to get some cheap kills! Havnt come across anyone using this gun yet, but no doubt in a few days all be getting even less kills than before. Thanks for the warning.

I was on with my mate the other night and he kept asking me how you get the gold guns, presumably he'd seen them during game play or picked up someone else's weapon

Original Poster

t0mm

because a golden gun makes them play 10x better.

Yes because if they are on level 1 they can do this and unlock everything in the game, all Pro Perks, All guns, everything!

Adam2050

So how do they get it?

There is a guide online, it involves 2 people going through set steps.

Original Poster

leecroot

I got exited till I got halfway through reading this. I thought you were … I got exited till I got halfway through reading this. I thought you were going to offer me a chance to get some cheap kills! Havnt come across anyone using this gun yet, but no doubt in a few days all be getting even less kills than before. Thanks for the warning.

Yeah I had some little brat in my game today bragging that he had the golden gun (idiot) and he was only on 2 or 3 prestige.

Then I got a message offering it to me

Original Poster

The golden is only a camo, so it doesn't aid with damge (well I don't think it does) but if someone has it and are not at prestige 14, they either picked it up or are cheating, and there is nothing I hate more then a cheating gamer. sends me mad!

SO REPORT THEM

jonny619447

Yeah I had some little brat in my game today bragging that he had the … Yeah I had some little brat in my game today bragging that he had the golden gun (idiot) and he was only on 2 or 3 prestige. Then I got a message offering it to me

I nearly traded this game in as I wasnt getting any kills and loads off abuse. I only play team deathmatch now and have found a couple off good set ups. Some off the guns are rubbish though. I mainly stick to the same two. Im not looking forward to reaching thvel 50 and have to go back to 1. Do you know if you still keep all the points so you can instantly buy the guns and perks?

Original Poster

Also Activision are aware of this and youtube inbedded videos are not working "due to a copyright claim by activision"

Original Poster

leecroot

I nearly traded this game in as I wasnt getting any kills and loads off … I nearly traded this game in as I wasnt getting any kills and loads off abuse. I only play team deathmatch now and have found a couple off good set ups. Some off the guns are rubbish though. I mainly stick to the same two. Im not looking forward to reaching thvel 50 and have to go back to 1. Do you know if you still keep all the points so you can instantly buy the guns and perks?

When you prestige you lose everything, its like you have started all over again from the beginning.

(little tip: Use the AK47U, I have prestiged 4 times and currently at level 43 and I am still using it with rapid fire and red dot attachment) Its an amazing gun!

Edited by: "jonny619447" 18th Jan 2011

someone has this and multiples in every game for days now. really bugs me that so many people cheat.:(

Banned

Was in a game had about half the folk had golden guns

Original Poster

I'm sure activision will sort this out, if they need to cheat they are probably crap anyway!

Not by going around hiding places, because I saw people doing this last night?

jonny619447

When you prestige you lose everything, its like you have started all over … When you prestige you lose everything, its like you have started all over again from the beginning. (little tip: Use the AK47U, I have prestiged 4 times and currently at level 43 and I am still using it with rapid fire and red dot attachment) Its an amazing gun!

That get unlocked at a higher level though doesnt it? I thought you would lose all the perks but was hoping you would keep the xp points to buy the perks.

I really don't understand why people would pay for a game, then cheat at it! Surely that's just cheating yourself?

Im still yet to buy Black Ops but from what people are saying about Online play I think it's not even worth buying now. As I would only buy it for online.

Tried getting into MW2 again, but thats just full off cheats on PS3. Every game get into nearly, is just a cheat. Suppose that what has come from the PS3 being hacked and people now being able to go on PSN with hacked systems.

Original Poster

leecroot

That get unlocked at a higher level though doesnt it? I thought you would … That get unlocked at a higher level though doesnt it? I thought you would lose all the perks but was hoping you would keep the xp points to buy the perks.

XP points don't buy perks, COD points do. XP points are what level you up. (You lose everything!)

You have to wait until level 17 to get the AK74U, until then the M16, is a reasonable choice. High damage!

Original Poster

anthonyt

Im still yet to buy Black Ops but from what people are saying about … Im still yet to buy Black Ops but from what people are saying about Online play I think it's not even worth buying now. As I would only buy it for online.Tried getting into MW2 again, but thats just full off cheats on PS3. Every game get into nearly, is just a cheat. Suppose that what has come from the PS3 being hacked and people now being able to go on PSN with hacked systems.

I enjoy playing the game, the cheats are just a minority. I'm sure most people play the game fairly and its just the odd few idiots.

leecroot

That get unlocked at a higher level though doesnt it? I thought you would … That get unlocked at a higher level though doesnt it? I thought you would lose all the perks but was hoping you would keep the xp points to buy the perks.

It all gets reset, apart from your overall scores etc. You lose all weapons/CoD Points/XP and perks.

Banned

Every lobby I went into on MW2 today was hacked. Last game I played, I lost half my perks. I'm not even bothered at the loss as I'd already decided MW2 wasn't worth playing any more. Looks like Black Ops is going the same way. At least I'll now get time to play the games I got for Xmas that haven't even made it out of the shrink wrap yet.

dunfyboy

Every lobby I went into on MW2 today was hacked. Last game I played, I … Every lobby I went into on MW2 today was hacked. Last game I played, I lost half my perks. I'm not even bothered at the loss as I'd already decided MW2 wasn't worth playing any more. Looks like Black Ops is going the same way. At least I'll now get time to play the games I got for Xmas that haven't even made it out of the shrink wrap yet.

I had to go into harcore games as i couldnt get a game on team deathmatch. Not looking very good for the new map pack release.
Post a comment
@
    Text