'Black Screen Legends' section on HMV.com wtf?

Seems a rather odd category for HMV to add. Does this sit easy with you? - it kinda promotes the idea of segregation to me

Just out of interest how would people react if HMV did a 'white screen legends' promotion?

11 Comments

Original Poster

http://www3.hmv.co.uk/hmv/Special_Images/uk/660x120_blackscreen_399.jpg

agreed, but you're opening a can of worms there, buddy, so might be best to let it lie - same reason you can't have a 'Straight Pride' parade - pc brigade won't like it...

Personally, an actor is an actor & a person is a person & I don't see the need for this subsection, but hey, I don't run a multi-national Film & Music retail empire?!?!

(Surely a better option for sites would be to improve their search engines so you could type Morgan Freeman or Samuel L Jackson & get all their titles listed......)

Where's http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3641/chef2web9zb.jpg???????????

They Black - They Legends - Therefore "Black legends section"

A OK from me.

Original Poster

I wouldn't usually post misc stuff - it just stuck out like a sore thumb to me when I was on the site.

I wonder if HMV actually believe that this sub-section will interest anybody?

CHARLIETHIRTYTWO;2708204

Personally, an actor is an actor & a person is a person & I don't see the … Personally, an actor is an actor & a person is a person & I don't see the need for this subsection, but hey, I don't run a multi-national Film & Music retail empire?!?!(Surely a better option for sites would be to improve their search engines so you could type Morgan Freeman or Samuel L Jackson & get all their titles listed......)

one word.........exactly

I think the point the OP is making is that people are still living in the past and not classing "Calling" people just people

but the film white chicks ****** me right off!

Original Poster

geoneo123;2708341

I think the point the OP is making is that people are still living in the … I think the point the OP is making is that people are still living in the past and not classing "Calling" people just people but the film white chicks ****** me right off!

Lol great film reference.....:-D

The main point though being it seems antiquated to me, Terrible descision by whoever it was at HMV who gave it the thumbs up.

What's next a 'black rap' or 'white slacker'' section?

i have more of a problem with will smith being called a legend.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
    2. Better watch out for these...915
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088
    4. Any PS4 News Here29213596

See more discussions