Groups

Blackberry...

I'm on a non blackberry contract at the moment, I have internet on my contract
    If I were to get one cause I use that internet for the blackberry messenger and all that, or would I need blackberry services.

If I need the blackberry services would I be able to swap the internet for the blackberry services?

Cheers

9 Comments

u have to get blackberry services. what network are you with and what kind of tarrif are you on?

Original Poster

ALICOM007

u have to get blackberry services. what network are you with and what … u have to get blackberry services. what network are you with and what kind of tarrif are you on?

With Orange
    300 Mins,
    Unlimited Texts
    500MB Internet
    27.50 a month
    With the HTC Desire HD,

Thinking of selling though as I miss a keypad....

You have to get the blackberry services should be about £5 a month extra i believe

Original Poster

oh and only took the contract out last monday..... :\

give them a call im sure they can just change the internet to BB service.

Original Poster

sorry for lack of quoting, can't get it to work on my phone,

The blackberry services,
    Would that include bbm, internet and email or have i got this completely wrong?

Basically because bb phones access internet differently to other phones, your service provider must include bb. So you need bb service for internet, bbm, bb apps etc etc.

Hope this helped.

Original Poster

Kay so what does Blackberry Services allow?

Email, BBM and Internet Access?

Or just email and BBM?

I can confirm you can swap your normal internet tariff for the blackberry internet tariff without the extra £5 charge, my partner did this few months back a week after she got the contract.

You can use the browser and few other apps(not app world) on the blackberry if you have wifi set up but not emails or bbm. Just change the browser settings to 'hotspot'.

Orange are quite strict, I put my O2 sim in and that allowed me to use the browser but not bbm without blackberry internet but orange don't allow this at all without blackberry internet. It's got something to do with the service books.

Edited by: "lilraul" 7th Nov 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764548
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523450
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …233736
      4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963019

See more discussions