Expired

Blackberry bold 9000 wont turn on or charge battery.

Found 9th Jan 2012
Hi All
My Blackberry was turned on. The next time I looked at it it was switched off with a flashing red light. Tried to turn it on and nothing. Plugged it in to charge and tried to turn it nothing happened. While plug in red light would flash every now and again. Now theres just nothing not accepting charge wont turn on. Any advice? Also will a bberry switch on when plugged into charge but no battery in? Tried that it didn't work so just want to know if thats unusual. Are blackberry batteries generic ie can I take a battery from a mates curve to see if my battery has gone? Basically I'm wondering if the battery has gone or the phone is kaput? It is old so wouldn't surprise me. Currently I'm leaving the battery out for 24 hours. Any suggestions/Advice is greatfully received.
Community Updates
MiscBoldBattery
61 Comments
have you tried connecting to your computer?

it might need software reseting
Edited by: "JaYy_dOg" 9th Jan 2012
No I haven't but will try that now thank you.
JaYy_dOg

have you tried connecting to your computer?it might need software reseting

Computer doesn't even recognise it. Didn't charge from the PC either.
I had this problem a while back, when I had one. I would suggest charging it from the wall for a couple of hours(at least). Don't do anything with it, just let it charge. Then try turning it on later tonight.

Reason being, Blackberry's have a small fault from time to time which it does not recognise the battery has charge.

dolphinninja

Computer doesn't even recognise it. Didn't charge from the PC either.

I was told the same as above. Turned out that it didn't need that..... That advice would make sense in the long run though.
Also will a bberry switch on when plugged into charge but no battery in?
No.
Can't do a single thing with it. I left it charging for an hour no lights doesn't charge tried 2 chargers, external battery and a usb cable. No lights doesn't turn on and pc didn't recognise it. Also had it plugged in without a battery in and that didn't change anything. But I'm unsure if it would work like that anyway
To be honest, I just persevered. Also, when I thought there was enough charge I tried it out. It died pretty quickly. I'd try charging it for as long as possible(battery in). Blackberrys will not operate without a battery connected.

Your issue sound exactly the same as the problem I had. If my advice fails, the I don't know what more to suggest.

Try charging for about 4 hours minimum, then try turning it on. Perhaps try a battery pull/reboot once it's back up and running too....

In addition, if you have to use it, keep it charging, but defo charge for as long as possible before using it or turning it on. If it begins to start showing life, turn it off and make sure it's fully charged before you use it tomorrow morning. i.e charge it overnight turned off.
Edited by: "holmesgroove" 9th Jan 2012
take it back, blackberrys come with quite a good warranty - my daughters had issues after having it quite some time, i called them up and was delivered a replacement the next morning
This often happens with our 9900's at work. Take a the battery out a few times, put it back in, plug it into an outlet charger and leave it. If the BB is dead, USB power won't ever revive it.
Cheers all. Taking it back isn't an option its years old just ordered a new battery so will try that when it arrives. I will leave it plugged in over night and try it 2mrow morning.
My daughter's Blackberry is now on it's 3rd battery and it's only 6 months old. At first we thought it was her fault for letting the charge run down totally but when we took it back we got a new battery straightaway. She has had the current one for about 2 months so let's see how long this will last !
put it in the bin and buy a decent phone
Blackbery 8520 charged normally through laptop in the past. Laptop was shut down by accident last night while phone was supposedly charging. Phone now won't take any charge, black screen - when charging screen normally shows date/time. Red light showing though. Does the computer software need reinstalling?
did the new battery make ur bberry work? cause i have the same problem and im thinking about buying a new battery
BIG ISSUE!!

HI, i have a Blackberry BOLD 9900, was purchased on May, 31 2012. I updated the BBM app at 80% Battery , and rebooted, but it wont turn back on, NO red light, doesnt respond to charging or being plugged into the computer. Took it into MTS and they put a new battery in, still doesnt work, Took it into TELUS, They couldnt figure out the problem either, ... What do i do?
Someone help me please, I cant aford another phone.

Sunshiine22

BIG ISSUE!!HI, i have a Blackberry BOLD 9900, was purchased on May, 31 … BIG ISSUE!!HI, i have a Blackberry BOLD 9900, was purchased on May, 31 2012. I updated the BBM app at 80% Battery , and rebooted, but it wont turn back on, NO red light, doesnt respond to charging or being plugged into the computer. Took it into MTS and they put a new battery in, still doesnt work, Took it into TELUS, They couldnt figure out the problem either, ... What do i do?Someone help me please, I cant aford another phone.

Why didn't you just return it to where you bought it from and get it replaced as DOA.
I have the bold 9000 with the same problem, the phone was in working order one minute then dead the next. Red light flashes 4 or 5 times then nothing, wont re-boot!!!!! Frustration plus.... Would like to know if anyone has actually fixed this problem, or is it better just to throw the phone.. this problem does not say a lot for Blackberry..
I have the same problem. It's just happened 1 PM today. 23 July 2012. OMG ... help me please.
I've also got this problem - bb bold 9000 was charging from my PC, I unplugged the charger and the phone reset and wouldn't turn back on. The PC doesn't recognise it at all, I've had it plugged into the mains for over 24 hours and also bought a new battery but still no joy
You need a new battery, i've had this happen to me before
I have a problem with Blackberry bold 9000 . When i plug it for charging even after 4 hrs the charge does not increase . The phone is new. Please help me . I cannot understand whether the problem is with the phone or with the battery.
i have this problem, iv got the bb bold 9700.... i was usin it one min then the next it jus turned off on me, i tried charging it becus i thought that was the problem.. nothin happened. i pulled the battery out soo many times nothin happened, every time i put it on charge i have a black screen with the battery icon with a red cross goin through it. i was told i need a new battery but i duno

can anyone help pleaseee??? x
same problem as above. whats the solution?
I had the same problem, i downloaded the bb software and my 9900 is now charging! via my laptop.
I am a phone mechanic,please help me on how to fix a dead bold 9900 bold 5 please.
I had the same problem.
I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 that I had not used for a while.
it would not charge at all.

I solved this by instead of using the charging port and cable, I used
A charging pod that I had purchased ages ago. This charges the phone via 2 contacts at the bottom of the phone. The phone charged, turned on and worked. Hope that helps someone. if you have a charging pod that the Blackberry can sit in, try that.

I have a problem with my bb bold 9900 ..whenever I unplug the charger immediately my phone turns off...I can't start d phone by start button ..every time I need to pulll battery out n then the. Phone starts..
I've had the same problem as above. I have a bb 9900 and have had problems from the beginning however i bought it brand new off amazon, and they wont replace it. The problem i'm having now is that my phone died, so i went to charge it. However, it wouldnt charge althought the red light would turn and then off. After 2 hours, it finally turned on, then decided on its own, to turn off again. So i pullled out the battery and it wouldnt turn on. Eventually it turned on again, but the touvh screen wouldn't work and i couldn't check my messages and in fact still can't. Any one know off any solutions??
I'm having this same problem. it happened to me a few hours ago. my phone was working fine then i left it for a few hours then when i went to check it again it wouldn't turn on so i tried taking the battery out and putting it back in but that didn't work. I then tried to charge it in a wall charger for 2 hours with the battery in then i took the battery out and put it back in again to try and reboot it but this didn't work either. i don't know what to do, HELP?!
jemma26

I'm having this same problem. it happened to me a few hours ago. my phone … I'm having this same problem. it happened to me a few hours ago. my phone was working fine then i left it for a few hours then when i went to check it again it wouldn't turn on so i tried taking the battery out and putting it back in but that didn't work. I then tried to charge it in a wall charger for 2 hours with the battery in then i took the battery out and put it back in again to try and reboot it but this didn't work either. i don't know what to do, HELP?!

Read this You're in for a world of ball ache if its the samething that happened to mine.
Hopefully you may just need to buy a new battery. There quite cheap on the bay.
Just came on this site to figure out why my BB Bold acted up last night when I plugged it in. The red/green light did not flash at all. I left it plugged in all night and when the "auto on" turned it on this morning the battery was near dead. I turned it off ( through the auto off feature ) and took the battery out. Replaced it and same issue. I turned the phone off and no charge light. I turned the phone back on and elected the "full power off" option on the auto on/off screen. I then plugged it in and it started to charge. I just now removed the auto on/off feature and it's happily charging away. Not sure if anyone else here has the auto on/off set on their phones but this is what I did for mine and so far it seems to be charging. The red/green light will not flash however if the phone is plugged in and turned on. Not sure it ever did as I never recall doing that. HTH
Try taking battery out for a few mins then pług it into the wall charger then after put the battery back in and hołd down the end call button non stóp for a few minutes.. the LED light might come on and start charging..... Worked for me!!:)
My bb 9900 went off on its own an could not come On again...and I dnt have the bb manager wich I can use to repire it on my pc...please help me....thanks
has anyone found the solution to this problem ?
See post 31. Basically my os had corrupted so had to manually reinstall it.
i bought a discovery battery for my bberry bold 9000 and when i put it in it gave me the red flashing lights four times and won't turn on and also it won't be recognized or seen by a computer what should i do now plzzz help me!!!!
jossam

i bought a discovery battery for my bberry bold 9000 and when i put it in … i bought a discovery battery for my bberry bold 9000 and when i put it in it gave me the red flashing lights four times and won't turn on and also it won't be recognized or seen by a computer what should i do now plzzz help me!!!!

Leave it off for 24 hours with the battery out. Then try again. It also might be a faulty battery.
seanbwfc

You need a new battery, i've had this happen to me before

I tested it at the store with a different battery but it only lights up then shuts off
I would really appreciate if I would be able to get some advice on my Blackberry,
I had my phone in my hand then put it down on my drawers it then turned its self off so I plugged it into the charger. A red flashing light appeared and it wouldn't stop flashing so I took the battery out and put it back in and so on. I then went on google to look for advice and all the advice I took didn't work so I bought a new battery, it is now doing the same thing and I have no idea what to do because my phone isn't old I haven't had it for long so I am looking for some help.:(
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions