Blackberry Bold 9700 or iPhone 3GS White???... Should I or shouldn't I!

Can you please advise on the above?

I am planning to buy sim free - prices for Blackberry are between £300-£400, iPhone are between £380-£500 (However, Carphone Warehouse sell for £455 including £15 credit - to unlock!)... I am in contract with Tmobile, my upgrade is due in 4wks however, I am on a pretty good tariff so would rather keep the priceplan the same and apply discount (making it cheaper per month). I could possibly get a low end phone ontop of the discount however I would like one of the above.

My worry about the iPhone is mainly as I'm particularly clumsy - if I drop it, its a gonner!
As with the Blackberry, I have a few friends I can 'ping', but T-mobile charge you £7.50 per mth for the Blackberry Service (on top of the £7.50 per mth internet).

Is it worth spending the money - or should I just change my choice of phones altogether?

7 Comments

Have you considered the Nexus One google phone being launched in the next couple of weeks? You will be able to buy this unlocked from Google directly for approx same price as the phones you are currently looking at.
I have a Blackberry Bold 9000 and I plan to change to N1 in a few months, the Iphone 4G will be out in May/June so the 3GS prices will drop.

Original Poster

I have looked at the Nexus - but don't like the look of it (doesn't really look 'girlie')

Have just managed to buy a 3gs off ebay :-), so I guess theres now no need for this thread lol.

how much did u pay for the 3Gs,its deff the better phone and youll love it.. and you can sell it off if a new one comes out in June

Original Poster

Rukshan;7685634

how much did u pay for the 3Gs,its deff the better phone and youll love … how much did u pay for the 3Gs,its deff the better phone and youll love it.. and you can sell it off if a new one comes out in June

I got it for £395 - the White 16gb version - has warranty until Dec 2010. Not a bad deal I suppose, sold my Black 3g last week so only had to add £100 to get this one :-D.

Iphone is the way forward!

Pr3cious18;7686286

I got it for £395 - the White 16gb version - has warranty until Dec 2010. … I got it for £395 - the White 16gb version - has warranty until Dec 2010. Not a bad deal I suppose, sold my Black 3g last week so only had to add £100 to get this one :-D.

How did you manage to get 295? Ive had my black 3G since dec 2008 and have a BodyGuardz case so its in mint shape. I hope I can sell it for abt 300 and get a new one..
395 for a white with guarantee is very impressive..

Original Poster

Rukshan;7686449

How did you manage to get 295? Ive had my black 3G since dec 2008 and … How did you manage to get 295? Ive had my black 3G since dec 2008 and have a BodyGuardz case so its in mint shape. I hope I can sell it for abt 300 and get a new one.. 395 for a white with guarantee is very impressive..

I put it on eBay as a 'Buy it now/Best offer' - someone submitted an offer of £290, so I accepted :-D.
Mine was in mint condition and factory unlocked by Apple... The 3gs is locked to O2, so will have to pay an extra £15 for O2 to unlock.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2241
    2. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1212
    3. so sick of this summer weather enough .......1929
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763947

See more discussions