Groups

Blackberry Bold 9700 question?

I got this phone today from voda and have unlocked it and i'm using it on an o2 contract.

Does anyone know if you can debrand the phone so it has blackberry stock OS instead of vodafone stuff on it?

7 Comments

where did u get it unlocked from and how much?, sorry cannot answer your question

Original Poster

mds1256;7665933

where did u get it unlocked from and how much?, sorry cannot answer your … where did u get it unlocked from and how much?, sorry cannot answer your question

£3.50 from ebay mate:thumbsup: used the seller twice, he's excellent!

ebay item: 110480103426

WOW! Thats pretty impressive! Shops near me want at least 15 quid for it!

Banned

It arrived OK then t0mm? (Jammy sod!)

Original Poster

guv;7666135

It arrived OK then t0mm? (Jammy sod!)

aye rang them, tariff's all correct, and if i want i can go to 500mb pm for £10pm but i'd rather pay the extra fiver - contract works out (before i can upgrade) at £135:p

To answer your question it may be possible to debrand however this would be deemed illegal! I have a vodafone branded 9700 as well apart from the loading screen and that one VF games app it's no biggie. According to some forums the 9700 and a few other models can't be debranded.

Just like OP I am using on o2 contract as well.

With regards to people wanting to unlock the phone...I just called up Vodafone and told them that I need to go on a business trip to another country and would need to use a local sim. They took down my IMEI number and emailed me the unlocking code within 5 minutes
    Sorry, not sure how to debrand the phone.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC77
      2. Boxes for moving house?55
      3. Speccing a gaming pc36
      4. Kitchen tap replacement22

See more discussions