Found 23rd Nov 2010
Evening all, was wondering if anyone had the new Blackberry on order ? Got mine on pre-order with t-mobile, they where supposed to receive stock last week now its been pushed back till end of this week and they hope to have it with me by start of next week

Crackberry has gave it a great review so excited to get my hands on it.

crackberry.com/bla…ons

Here is a bit more detail. was in a rush earlier.

Video camera
5.0 Megapixels Camera
Camera zoom
Camera flash

Internet on your phone
3G
Bluetooth
GPRS
Built-in GPS (Software required for Sat Nav use)
Sync with PC

10 Comments

I bought this phone yesterday, have come from an iPhone 3GS - the 9780 is truly amazing.... Not to mention the extended battery life - not even half drained and I took it off charge at 8am this morning. Internet is pretty speedy, plus you can have extra tabs like the iPhone.

It's seriously worth the wait

Original Poster

At first I thought it was just like the 9700 but you can see that there has been improvements.

http://www.widgetandgadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Blackberry-Bold-9780-e1288333356579.jpg
Edited by: "bargaincrazy09" 23rd Nov 2010

bargaincrazy09

At first I thought it was just like the 9700 but you can see that there … At first I thought it was just like the 9700 but you can see that there has been improvements.

For sure... I've had the 9700 before and this one is a MAJOR improvement - 5mp Camera (with flash), great internet browsing and usability. I really love the Software 6, totally amazing (and I'm really hard to please when it comes to phones).

I got the White 9780, she's a beauty

Original Poster

Aww thats great, can't wait to get mine now, I opted for the black one though

The 9780 is the exact same device as the 9700, save a 5mp camera and 512 mb [as opposed to 3.2mp camera and 256mb on the 9700]. As for the OS, Blackberry 6 has leaked for the 9700 so for me I see no point in upgrading. Going to stick with my white 9700

Original Poster

hdizzle

The 9780 is the exact same device as the 9700, save a 5mp camera and 512 … The 9780 is the exact same device as the 9700, save a 5mp camera and 512 mb [as opposed to 3.2mp camera and 256mb on the 9700]. As for the OS, Blackberry 6 has leaked for the 9700 so for me I see no point in upgrading. Going to stick with my white 9700

Also has a all black bezel and I would rather have an official os rather than leaked. Dont think it has been completely confirmed but somehow the wifi is better too.

Original Poster

Got the phone call on Friday, changed my order to white lol, it will be here Monday yeahh !

hdizzle

The 9780 is the exact same device as the 9700, save a 5mp camera and 512 … The 9780 is the exact same device as the 9700, save a 5mp camera and 512 mb [as opposed to 3.2mp camera and 256mb on the 9700]. As for the OS, Blackberry 6 has leaked for the 9700 so for me I see no point in upgrading. Going to stick with my white 9700

any idea when the legit release of OS6 for 9700 is meant to come out?

Original Poster

Got it on Tuesday (damn snow) . Looking at it from eye distance you cant actually notice any difference between the 9780 and the 9700 but I am glad I did go ahead and get it, the trackpad seems faster the screen is great and os 6 is amazing.

@Pr3cious18 have you got any screen protectors for it yet ? Went to my local shop but they didn't have any so looks like I am going to need to order some online.

bargaincrazy09

Got it on Tuesday (damn snow) . Looking at it from eye distance you cant … Got it on Tuesday (damn snow) . Looking at it from eye distance you cant actually notice any difference between the 9780 and the 9700 but I am glad I did go ahead and get it, the trackpad seems faster the screen is great and os 6 is [email protected] have you got any screen protectors for it yet ? Went to my local shop but they didn't have any so looks like I am going to need to order some online.

I got my screen protector for my 9700 from ebay for a quid, perfect for the job...I assume screen size is the same?
Edited by: "numptyj" 1st Dec 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769542
    2. Add one, leave one game54415458
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654

See more discussions