Expired

Blackberry Bold vs Blackberry curve

Found 19th May 2009
Hi every one

im looking to upgrade my orange contract. i wanted to get a blackberyy but im a bit confused on which one should i go for.

any ideas? and reasons why please

thanks

7 Comments

I have a curve on Orange...
I like it and it does what I want but I would nt mind 3G which only bold has..

so if you want something small and compact in your pocket, bearing in mind the keys are a bit compact too..then go for curve 8900

if you want a hip flask with 3G .. Bold is your device.

I did this same research before making my decision its all down to personal preference..drop into Orange shops and ask both working version if you wanna hold them together to make up your mind then ..they wont mind...

I have the curve 8900. I love it but the keys are SO close together and sometimes can be a bit frustrating when you are writing an email.

As said above its best to go and hold them in the shop and see what you prefer yourself.

Original Poster

Rupee Man;5256729

I have a curve on Orange...I like it and it does what I want but I would … I have a curve on Orange...I like it and it does what I want but I would nt mind 3G which only bold has..so if you want something small and compact in your pocket, bearing in mind the keys are a bit compact too..then go for curve 8900if you want a hip flask with 3G .. Bold is your device.I did this same research before making my decision its all down to personal preference..drop into Orange shops and ask both working version if you wanna hold them together to make up your mind then ..they wont mind...

Leah_D;5256808

I have the curve 8900. I love it but the keys are SO close together and … I have the curve 8900. I love it but the keys are SO close together and sometimes can be a bit frustrating when you are writing an email. As said above its best to go and hold them in the shop and see what you prefer yourself.

thats the best advice ive got. will go to the orange shop. thanks alot

some shops may not have them and they might give you a dummy one..depending on the area you live in..Its best to drop into a few ... Even if you go to Carphone warehouse etc...or any other rival operators to orange...someone will have both devices...or even staff who own one...

I had a Nokia N95 8gb (which was fantastic) but it got wet when snowboarding, since then i've had a blackberry 8820.

I wish i didn't, instant emails are great but not when your boss is emailing people in the USA and you are getting copied on them when trying to sleep at 00:38 like last night.

Plus we use a server based email system at work and i can't sync my phone contacts and calender with outlook etc.

I wish i'd gone for an Iphone, i think they have a feature called push email which is similar to the blackberry email system.

I might be wrong though but hopefully this gives you another option.

Banned

Hi,

I'd suggest the Bold. I have one myself and whilst the 8900 curve is more compact, the Bold is packed full of features inc 3G. Also the Bold has good size keys. I initially had been tempted for the 8900 however typing isnt comfortable on the smaller size keys.

With either phone there is one downside and that is the battery life. From experience the Bold's battery life lasts about a day with BT and 3G on and making calls. ]For me that wasn't so great so i bought an extended battery (massive 2800mAh) from cellsavers which makes a huge difference.
That aside the Bold is brilliant.

The speed difference when browsing is not that much tbh, the 3g will really kick in during large downloads.

I prefer the curve having owned the bold due to size and no flicking between 2g & 3g. Also the curve will auto switch between your known wifi's and the orange network, something I could not get the bold to do (except doing it manually)

A major plus for me is that the curve supports uma, which allows call to be made and received over a wireless network. This is a real god send since I have rubbish reception where I live, but now I have no problems.

I prefer the spacing between the keys rather than the bold keys.

Best advice is to play with both in a store.

If you need any further help just fire away.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Holiday discount centre is a scam12
    2. The term 'Smart TV'44
    3. Can I giveaway film digital codes on here?11
    4. Was there not a Karcher WV2 Plus Window Vac deal?33

See more discussions