Groups

Blackberry Curve 8500 - anyone have one?

I'm upgrading my phone soon (free upgrade) and looking at the Blackberry Curve 8500 and Nokia 6303. If you have a Blackberry, have you had any problems? Would you recommend it?

9 Comments

I've had the Curve 8900, had no problems at all - although only had it for 6weeks as decided I wanted the iPhone instead!

Original Poster

Pr3cious18;7476179

I've had the Curve 8900, had no problems at all - although only had it … I've had the Curve 8900, had no problems at all - although only had it for 6weeks as decided I wanted the iPhone instead!

LOL. So you didn't really like the Blackberry?:-D I'm a bit concerned that I wont either, especially since my last smartphone was a pain in the neck.

Predikuesi;7476282

LOL. So you didn't really like the Blackberry?:-D I'm a bit concerned … LOL. So you didn't really like the Blackberry?:-D I'm a bit concerned that I wont either, especially since my last smartphone was a pain in the neck.

I like it... Loved it in fact!!! But the Curve 8900 doesn't have 3G which made browsing the internet abit of a bother (like watching paint dry, lol)... Was advised the iPhone for the best internet browsing experience - never looked back lol.

If your going to use it to its full potential - blackberry messenger, emails etc - then I would say go ahead... If not then definitely reconsider:p.

I work for Blackberry Support for a well known bank, and the amount of replacements we have to do, its unbelievable!
    Its normally the rollerball that stops working, but these bankers use 'em all the time!

birdyboyuk;7476920

I work for Blackberry Support for a well known bank, and the amount of … I work for Blackberry Support for a well known bank, and the amount of replacements we have to do, its unbelievable!Its normally the rollerball that stops working, but these bankers use 'em all the time!

Oh yes, I recall my rollerball getting stuck a number of times - bearing in mind, I only had my Curve for a short time!... Still a good phone though :-D.

Are you sure you don't mean the 8520?

birdyboyuk;7476920

I work for Blackberry Support for a well known bank, and the amount of … I work for Blackberry Support for a well known bank, and the amount of replacements we have to do, its unbelievable!Its normally the rollerball that stops working, but these bankers use 'em all the time!

all the new blackberry's don't have the trackball anymore, but instead the more reliable trackpad
    http://www.cio.com/images/content/articles/body/2009/08/Curve8520TrackPad.jpg

hdizzle;7477149

all the new blackberry's don't have the trackball anymore, but instead … all the new blackberry's don't have the trackball anymore, but instead the more reliable trackpad

Unfortunately, the bank are behind the times!
    They are testing the 8520's currently, so I have yet to experience these...

Original Poster

hdizzle;7477018

Are you sure you don't mean the 8520?

Yes I did:oops: I don't know how I managed the other number and still got a Blackberry version:w00t:

Thanks all for your input.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7041337
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1840
      3. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)67
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767163

See more discussions