Groups

Blackberry help..

Right i am on dolphin 25 with orange..

I was thinking about buying an unlocked blackberry to use my orange sim in..

I was just wondering what the disadvantages of this would be.. Things like the free internet? And also what is the blackberry pin?...

Much help is appreciated. Thanks.

11 Comments

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR] are crap, customer service is really bad[/SIZE]

Original Poster

jon1000jon;6413303

[SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkOrange]Orange[/COLOR] are crap, customer service is … [SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkOrange]Orange[/COLOR] are crap, customer service is really bad[/SIZE]

I know that mate.. but wasn't what i wanted to know...

jon1000jon;6413303

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR] are crap, customer service … [SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR] are crap, customer service is really bad[/SIZE]

I would agree with you there to an extent. I've had my fair share of problems with Orange, but have also been compensated in some way for the problems - either being given free minutes or a discount on the monthly charge

I use a Blackberry 8900 curve and I love it. If you get Blackberry on a contract then I think they give you the Blackberry services for free - which includes unlimited internet and e-mail. If not, then it costs a fiver each month for the services.

Blackberry PIN is your personal number for your Blackberry - in the same way each phone has its unique IMEI number. Other Blackberry users can add your PIN and you can chat with them for free, wherever they are. Its essentially Windows Messenger without the need of internet, BUT you need a Blackberry. I may be wrong here, so please correct me if I am

Original Poster

UFK;6413365

I would agree with you there to an extent. I've had my fair share of … I would agree with you there to an extent. I've had my fair share of problems with Orange, but have also been compensated in some way for the problems - either being given free minutes or a discount on the monthly chargeI use a Blackberry 8900 curve and I love it. If you get Blackberry on a contract then I think they give you the Blackberry services for free - which includes unlimited internet and e-mail

The problem is my contract doesnt run our for another year..

I currently have a non blackberry contract with an LG Arena..

Would it b worthwhile buying a blackberry say off here or ebay.. and then just put my sim in? Or would it not be worth it... :thinking:

Well if you like the Blackberry then of course it is worth it. You do not need to open a special contract just because you use a Blackberry.

You just pop your sim in it and use it like any other phone. But IF you want unlimited internet and email then it costs a fiver a month. Any internet package you may have already will not work on the Blakcberry - you need a special Blackberry bundle for it

Original Poster

UFK;6413456

Well if you like the Blackberry then of course it is worth it. You do not … Well if you like the Blackberry then of course it is worth it. You do not need to open a special contract just because you use a Blackberry.You just pop your sim in it and use it like any other phone. But IF you want unlimited internet and email then it costs a fiver a month. Any internet package you may have already will not work on the Blakcberry - you need a special Blackberry bundle for it

Hmmm so it seems like the only problem would be the free internet and email..

Which if i would have got a blackberry contract i could get free if i had the right deal.. But otherwise i need to pay an extra £5 a month..

Thanks for the help buddy, i'm gonna have a think about it

Some Blackberrys do have Wi-Fi, so you can use that aswell for internet

You wouldnt need to get a Blackberry contract for the free internet and email. When you open a contract, if you choose a Blackberry as contract handset, then I think you get the free Blackberry services. I'm not too sure, I may be wrong

Original Poster

UFK;6413517

Some Blackberrys do have Wi-Fi, so you can use that aswell for … Some Blackberrys do have Wi-Fi, so you can use that aswell for internetYou wouldnt need to get a Blackberry contract for the free internet and email. When you open a contract, if you choose a Blackberry as contract handset, then I think you get the free Blackberry services. I'm not too sure, I may be wrong

Rep for the help mate

I think you will need to add the Blackberry service (£5/month) for it to be of any use. I really like my BB Bold. Really surprised at the negative press on here towards Orange, I normally find them excellent.

For your pin to usuable, it has to be activated via your internet provider on the handset. Although pining (peer to peer) between handsets is free and runs direct with server in Canada for some reason if you don't have internet set up on the handset, pin does not work.

Original Poster

berni888;6419235

For your pin to usuable, it has to be activated via your internet … For your pin to usuable, it has to be activated via your internet provider on the handset. Although pining (peer to peer) between handsets is free and runs direct with server in Canada for some reason if you don't have internet set up on the handset, pin does not work.

So basically, to get the most out of a blackberry, i need a blackberry contract... :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What to do?????34
      2. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      3. Best VR games?22
      4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions