Blackberry Messenger - International ?

Found 14th Jan 2010
Can anyone tell me, if i am in the UK, using my blackberry on lets say t-mobile or whichever uk network, if i use bb messenger to IM someone who lives abroad e.g. USA using their BB PIN to IM will this be free? So if im on a data plan, and vice versa, would it work exactly the same as if they were in the uk as well?

10 Comments

yes it will be

totally free!!

sensationally free

Are we sure this is free? I am on vodafone and even though I have unlimited broadband here, and BIS, I thought if i used even one byte of data when roaming abroad it was a £5 minimum charge?

Original Poster

BlackCloud;7543407

Are we sure this is free? I am on vodafone and even though I have … Are we sure this is free? I am on vodafone and even though I have unlimited broadband here, and BIS, I thought if i used even one byte of data when roaming abroad it was a £5 minimum charge?

That is correct you will be charged IF ROAMING.

I was asking if i sent an instant message using blackberry messenger to someone abroad on their blackberry using the PIN feature would it be free

ME = UK
YOU= US

UK BB PIN > US BB PIN = FREE

well according to what everyone is saying

But as for roaming with you BB you will get charged

But using the BlackBerry Messenger uses data, and you get charged for data abroad...would that not mean you'd get charged?

he would not get charged as he is not roaming. he is in the uk and through bbm can talk to anyone else with bbm. however if he went abroad and used bbm, he would be charged as he would be using a uk network abroad.

adambaz;7543446

But using the BlackBerry Messenger uses data, and you get charged for … But using the BlackBerry Messenger uses data, and you get charged for data abroad...would that not mean you'd get charged?

The op wants to know if he would get charged while on his local network.......
Which he wont for sending messages, voice clips or pictures on another bbm irrespective of where the recipient is.

Sorry, yes, I saw he was in the Uk and misread his vice-versa to mean if he were abroad and sent to someone in the UK. Apologiies.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7543654

Do you get charged extra if you go on an american webiste..... :roll:

lol if that was a serious question, then no, no extra charge! :thinking:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415467
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522885
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604830
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314660