Expired

Blacklisted Fire Tablet EBay

Edited by:"avrilcampbell"Found 7th Nov 2017
Ok so I bought a new fire tablet off eBay (New Sealed etc...) She has good feedback and quite a lot of it.
So I go to register it with Amazon, it’s been blocked. Was reported missing therefore they must of sent out another one to her.
She’s only offering me a partial refund as I’ve opened the item ! and won’t be able to re sell.
She claims she can get it re-activated but I received an email confirming that Amazon will not do this.
What now?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
22 Comments

make a claim through ebay/paypal would be a good place to start

Original Poster

I have done this.

Who did you do it with eBay or Paypal?

Make sure on the case it is clear the item was blacklisted and therefore isn't as described.

If it's eBay you should be offered a prepaid label by the seller for a full refund, if she refuses, on day 8 of the case you can escalate it and eBay will make a decision. They should give you a label to return it.

If it's Paypal then you have to pay the return. The item needs to be sent back with a fully tracked method which can be viewed online. Paypal will give you £15 towards this if you use their 'returns on us' (google it). I would suggest Special Delivery.

Original Poster

Thank you
I purchased through EBay through my PayPal.
I’ve logged all the chats with Amazon and copied the emails from Amazon confirming that it’s been blacklisted. I attached them to the case.
My concern is “if” she provides a full refund on return of the goods she could possibly say the item was damaged when received to avoid refunding me. I don’t trust her at all.

I meant who have you opened the case with, is it Ebay or Paypal?

She can allege whatever she likes, but all eBay and Paypal will be concerned with is the return of the item. She is able to appeal the decision on the case, as are you, but as long as you pack it sufficiently and take photos, there shouldn't be any problem.

Original Poster

I’ve opened the case with EBay.
Yes duly noted. Thank you

avrilcampbell22 m ago

I’ve opened the case with EBay.Yes duly noted. Thank you

Nothing to worry about - just have to wait till day 8 as said earlier - ebay will find in your favour. You will get a full refund.

Be sure to leave negative feedback to warn others.

Amazon do this when an item is reported lost by carrier (supposedly lost)

Just to repeat what others are saying you will be fine.

If the seller did not state this issue in the item description then she should be offering nothing less than a full refund.

Original Poster

She has backed down and offered a full refund, about to return the item

avrilcampbell2 h, 31 m ago

She has backed down and offered a full refund, about to return the item

Take lots of pictures of how you packaged it and it's condition

You're handling stolen goods, Could have got messy.

Original Poster

Confirmed by Amazon as missing not stolen. Otherwise I would have returned to the police

Original Poster

LeahsMintytoutou5 h, 2 m ago

Take lots of pictures of how you packaged it and it's condition

Yes I took pictures of everything:)

Original Poster

Van19739 h, 56 m ago

Nothing to worry about - just have to wait till day 8 as said earlier - …Nothing to worry about - just have to wait till day 8 as said earlier - ebay will find in your favour. You will get a full refund.Be sure to leave negative feedback to warn others.

Am I able to leave negative feedback, without her doing the same to mine?

Banned

avrilcampbell17 m ago

Email the sellers name & address to Amazons fraud department with the full serial numbers etc too.
Edited by: "Kmore" 7th Nov 2017

avrilcampbell23 m ago

Confirmed by Amazon as missing not stolen. Otherwise I would have returned …Confirmed by Amazon as missing not stolen. Otherwise I would have returned to the police

If it's "missing" the seller must have found it, assume fraudulently, maybe innocently, we'll never know. Technically it is stolen.

Original Poster

.MUFC.7 m ago

If it's "missing" the seller must have found it, assume fraudulently, …If it's "missing" the seller must have found it, assume fraudulently, maybe innocently, we'll never know. Technically it is stolen.

Amazon sent them a replacement. I am informing Amazon fraud department as advised

avrilcampbell1 m ago

Amazon sent them a replacement. I am informing Amazon fraud department as …Amazon sent them a replacement. I am informing Amazon fraud department as advised

After you sent it for a refund ;).

Banned

.MUFC.4 m ago

After you sent it for a refund ;).

I dont know. Maybe advise Amazon exactly when the return will be made & they can have a walk with the postman & catch them red handed

avrilcampbell56 m ago

Yes - sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers. I'd wait till you have your full refund first.

Original Poster

Kmore48 m ago

I dont know. Maybe advise Amazon exactly when the return will be made & …I dont know. Maybe advise Amazon exactly when the return will be made & they can have a walk with the postman & catch them red handed

Imagine that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions