Blacklisted Huawei P20 128GB

Found 26th May
I purcahsed P20 128GB from ebay few days ago. I got it for £205 . I thought its bargain price so went for buying it after confirming from seller that its in full working order. It was advertised as unlcoked but seller sent me message that its locked to vodaone and if i still want him to post it( i said yes go ahead) I recieved it today . Phone look mint condition..tried to put virgin sim and asking sim unlock ocde ..then tried vodafone sim and it was not showing any signal etc only emergency call . I did call vodafone customer service to find out why its not working and history of this phone. This vodafone guys took my account details and asked IMEI number and then said that phone is blacklisted . He said he is going to unblock/unblacklist it but removing from balcklist will take few days and i should turn off and on after three days and it will be working fine. I have checked the status of the phone on imeipro and showing blakc listed there as well

Now i dont know whether i should keep this phone if vodafone manage to remove it from backlist (because its cheap price)

second option is to send it back and getting refund

I need your suggestions
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Why would Vodafone remove the blacklist. Surely takes away the point of the system in the first place.
24 Comments
If Vodafone are removing the blacklist it may be worth keeping it. But if I were you, I wouldn't want to because the seller is proved to be dodgy.

In this case, I'd wait for the phone to be unblocked and then sell it on (for cash, not through eBay). Then if it gets blocked again, it's not your problem. You can then use the money you make towards another P20, but without the risk of another scam on eBay.
Why would Vodafone remove the blacklist. Surely takes away the point of the system in the first place.
“If it’s too good to be true, it probably is”.

It’s either a stolen phone or the seller reported it as stolen so that they could claim under insurance.
jamie01511 m ago

If Vodafone are removing the blacklist it may be worth keeping it. But if …If Vodafone are removing the blacklist it may be worth keeping it. But if I were you, I wouldn't want to because the seller is proved to be dodgy.In this case, I'd wait for the phone to be unblocked and then sell it on (for cash, not through eBay). Then if it gets blocked again, it's not your problem. You can then use the money you make towards another P20, but without the risk of another scam on eBay.

I actually contacted the seller and told him that by law he should not sell a blacklisted phone and why he did not tell me that its blacklisted. His excuse was same that he purcahse this from another seller on ebay but then his aunty gifted him another phone on his birthday so he did not need this one so sold it on ebay( coo story ?)

retunring and then waiting refund is again a hassle . I would love to keep it but my concern is about future. If they manage to remove it from blacklist but whats guarntee that it will not be blocked again?

by the way i purcahsed so many phones from ebay and its first time i am delaing with backlist fraud( i assume they claim another phones from insurance after selling blacklisted phone
alankfc028 m ago

Why would Vodafone remove the blacklist. Surely takes away the point of …Why would Vodafone remove the blacklist. Surely takes away the point of the system in the first place.

I have no idea. I told him that i got this phone from ebay and its not recognising my vodafome sim which is sim only contract from vodafone
Vodafone will not unblock it, not sure why they said they would.
alankfc0223 m ago

Why would Vodafone remove the blacklist. Surely takes away the point of …Why would Vodafone remove the blacklist. Surely takes away the point of the system in the first place.

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise people could buy a phone, sell on eBay to themselves on another account, report on the insurance, and get the original phone unblocked.
caverncity21 m ago

Vodafone will not unblock it, not sure why they said they would.

I talked to technical department . When we say a phone is blacklisted then it mean it must be reported as lost/stolen ? I assume if people buy contract and dont pay monthly charges then phone still can get blacklisted ..may be he assuemd that i am the owner of the phone now and my monthly payment and account is up to date..dont know but he said phone will be remove from backlist within three days
Edited by: "Desi.Guy" 26th May
Blacklisted means it’s had an claim against it. To get it unblocked isn’t easy as you have to have the originally purchase details and work back the way. I highly doubt it would get sorted so easily or everyone would do it. The phone will still work in the EU. It’s only blocked on UK networks. If it does get unblocked you have got very lucky.
alankfc0214 m ago

Blacklisted means it’s had an claim against it. To get it unblocked isn’t e …Blacklisted means it’s had an claim against it. To get it unblocked isn’t easy as you have to have the originally purchase details and work back the way. I highly doubt it would get sorted so easily or everyone would do it. The phone will still work in the EU. It’s only blocked on UK networks. If it does get unblocked you have got very lucky.

so blacklisted and barred is same thing ? If you dont make payment then its also get balcklisted right even though not lost or stolen?

I think my first bet is to wait few days and if they manage to get it unblock then i will think what to do next i.e keep it or send it back
Edited by: "Desi.Guy" 26th May
Yes it’s the same thing. None payment will activate the barring process.
Dodgy seller, foolish purchase, wasted money.
jamie01513 h, 5 m ago

If Vodafone are removing the blacklist it may be worth keeping it. But if …If Vodafone are removing the blacklist it may be worth keeping it. But if I were you, I wouldn't want to because the seller is proved to be dodgy.In this case, I'd wait for the phone to be unblocked and then sell it on (for cash, not through eBay). Then if it gets blocked again, it's not your problem. You can then use the money you make towards another P20, but without the risk of another scam on eBay.

I’d complain to eBay and get a refund under the buyer protection. Take screen grabs showing the handset as blacklisted and take a photo of the phone displaying its IMEI number. If the phone is blacklisted then it’s either been stolen (in which case your handling stolen goods) or been subject to an insurance claim for loss (in which case your participating in fraud).
cmdr_elito1 h, 5 m ago

I’d complain to eBay and get a refund under the buyer protection. Take s …I’d complain to eBay and get a refund under the buyer protection. Take screen grabs showing the handset as blacklisted and take a photo of the phone displaying its IMEI number. If the phone is blacklisted then it’s either been stolen (in which case your handling stolen goods) or been subject to an insurance claim for loss (in which case your participating in fraud).

If it's been blocked due to non payment of contract and Vodafone are removing the block, there's no point in returning it. If it was stolen or on an insurance claim, I doubt that Vodafone would remove the block
Send it back and get your money back
Welcome to the Wonderful of eBay and its Scammers who will tell you exactly what you hear in order to get your money, My Auntie gifted me, should work, was working fine, sold as seen, should be an easy fix for someone, probably a loose wire or a fuse, dont like the colour, and on and on.

The Sellers dont give too hoots if they get banned from eBay because they just set up another Account for another Mug and eBay are happy to carry on taking there money, thats why eBay is full of Chinse fake tat, non working, stolen or useless items.

Wake Up people, if its too good to be true and all that, if you really must buy high end cost items, do your Homework in every respect, then have a re think, at least 10 times, and dont part with your hard earned cash.
Black listing and removing were part of my job when I worked for one of the networks. Only the customer that requested the black listing (for lost/stolen) can remove the block. All network are supposed to work to the same rules or the whole thing is pointless.

If it's been black listed due to none payment/fraud or ID theft then no network will remove the bar.
Edited by: "steve1221" 27th May
davewave12 h, 5 m ago

Dodgy seller, foolish purchase, wasted money.

How its foolish purchase ? I did not know that phone is blacklisted. Foolish reply though
Edited by: "Desi.Guy" 27th May
zirk9 h, 12 m ago

Welcome to the Wonderful of eBay and its Scammers who will tell you …Welcome to the Wonderful of eBay and its Scammers who will tell you exactly what you hear in order to get your money, My Auntie gifted me, should work, was working fine, sold as seen, should be an easy fix for someone, probably a loose wire or a fuse, dont like the colour, and on and on.The Sellers dont give too hoots if they get banned from eBay because they just set up another Account for another Mug and eBay are happy to carry on taking there money, thats why eBay is full of Chinse fake tat, non working, stolen or useless items.Wake Up people, if its too good to be true and all that, if you really must buy high end cost items, do your Homework in every respect, then have a re think, at least 10 times, and dont part with your hard earned cash.

Ebay buyer protection is great thing otherwise buyers will not be trusting ebay. Its still better than gumtree though. Few bad experience are there but you also get plenty of good deals from genuine sellers..
steve12217 h, 19 m ago

Black listing and removing were part of my job when I worked for one of …Black listing and removing were part of my job when I worked for one of the networks. Only the customer that requested the black listing (for lost/stolen) can remove the block. All network are supposed to work to the same rules or the whole thing is pointless.If it's been black listed due to none payment/fraud or ID theft then no network will remove the bar.

I will update you in few days about how unblocking process went
cmdr_elito11 h, 58 m ago

I’d complain to eBay and get a refund under the buyer protection. Take s …I’d complain to eBay and get a refund under the buyer protection. Take screen grabs showing the handset as blacklisted and take a photo of the phone displaying its IMEI number. If the phone is blacklisted then it’s either been stolen (in which case your handling stolen goods) or been subject to an insurance claim for loss (in which case your participating in fraud).

What is ebay policy about returning balcklisted phone. You suppose to hand over this blacklisted phone to police or others authority rather than sending back to seller who might sell it again..selling such items violate ebay listing policy
Desi.Guy10 h, 23 m ago

What is ebay policy about returning balcklisted phone. You suppose to hand …What is ebay policy about returning balcklisted phone. You suppose to hand over this blacklisted phone to police or others authority rather than sending back to seller who might sell it again..selling such items violate ebay listing policy

Talk to eBay about it, they may instruct you to return it to them.
The item is not as described, start a claim on ebay and return, you will get your money back
Yup easy refund from eBay, how did you pay for it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants