Groups

Blackpool

Anyone been lately? We just been, its so run down these days and so full of arsonists. I will never be going back. We were staying close to a massive hotel that was set on fire which ruined our holiday - I just cant believe how rough the place is.

19 Comments

was last there in march on a work weekend-we had a great time-yes its full of utter tat but you either love it or hate it I guess.

Original Poster

barky;5908102

was last there in march on a work weekend-we had a great time-yes its … was last there in march on a work weekend-we had a great time-yes its full of utter tat but you either love it or hate it I guess.

we been loads of times, and enjoyed it - but all the fires there have been and the massive one at the Grand Hotel that ruined our holiday made us fear for our safety there

bargainhunter2009;5908116

we been loads of times, and enjoyed it - but all the fires there have … we been loads of times, and enjoyed it - but all the fires there have been and the massive one at the Grand Hotel that ruined our holiday made us fear for our safety there

credit crunch-insurance payout:whistling:

Original Poster

barky;5908142

credit crunch-insurance payout:whistling:

No i dont think so - apparently was kids - theres loads of places like it there. Heres a pic from our window: (we had to evacuate and could not go back)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/charlene265/DSCN0662.jpg

and here is the same building now: (they are knocking it down now)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/charlene265/DSCN0671.jpg

absolute crap hole, makes Leicester look tidy

skusey;5908159

absolute crap hole, makes Leicester look tidy

+1

Just got back yesterday . Had 2 days watching the Ladies Golf at Lytham. I love the place but agree that its rundown & full of people looking for a fight .

Original Poster

darren9030;5908179

Just got back yesterday . Had 2 days watching the Ladies Golf at Lytham. … Just got back yesterday . Had 2 days watching the Ladies Golf at Lytham. I love the place but agree that its rundown & full of people looking for a fight .

defintely - we were staying opposite that hotel that was on fire. Blackpool council were utterly useless too - we had to sleep in the leisure centre and they only found us a hotel at 5am (after spending 5 hrs in the leisure centre with a child) We were not allowed to go back to the hotel at all this week -although the council told us to get out stuff and go and that they would not help us. Worst holiday I ever had!

Come to Margate for a few days and you will be begging to go to Blackpool

we went to Blackpool once about 5 years ago.....sorry, but will never be going back.

bargainhunter2009;5908183

defintely - we were staying opposite that hotel that was on fire. … defintely - we were staying opposite that hotel that was on fire. Blackpool council were utterly useless too - we had to sleep in the leisure centre and they only found us a hotel at 5am (after spending 5 hrs in the leisure centre with a child) We were not allowed to go back to the hotel at all this week -although the council told us to get out stuff and go and that they would not help us. Worst holiday I ever had!

My only surprise if you have only just worked out what a c raphole it is. I don't know what makes me do it but i know i will return for the nightlife :oops:

come to glasgow next time-very cultured people:whistling:

barky;5908238

come to glasgow next time-very cultured people:whistling:

Glasgow's awesome these days - its reputation of years ago probably still loses it some tourism but i would say to everyone " Visit Glasgow & you will be in for a nice surprise " ( any chance of a job Glasgow tourism ) :whistling:

Lest be honest, most of Britain is a **** hole now:-D We are letting too many immigrants in when there is not enough job or housing for the population thats here.

I only go to Blackpool for the lights and then stop only 3 hours max as thats enough.

I cant see it getting any better either, all down hill from here me thinks:thumbsup:

When was the fire? didn't see anything.
    We stop in the new Travelodge next to footy ground it's got parking outside and 5 mins walk to the front.

Original Poster

Siddy;5909376

When was the fire? didn't see anything.We stop in the new Travelodge next … When was the fire? didn't see anything.We stop in the new Travelodge next to footy ground it's got parking outside and 5 mins walk to the front.

It was on monday night (27th July) at the Grand Holiday Flats - it was in Station Road (road opposute South Pier)

Apparently the fire damaged the phone mast so I've been getting a crap signal for a week now!
    Note: I live round the corner from Grand Hotel

I had many a holiday in Blackpool when I was wee and I have really fond memories of the place

As an adult I have been on many occasions and the last time I went was last year

Yes I was shocked at how run down it is

But all in all...I love Blackpool

I guess I always will :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Spriggan;5914993

Apparently the fire damaged the phone mast so I've been getting a crap … Apparently the fire damaged the phone mast so I've been getting a crap signal for a week now! Note: I live round the corner from Grand Hotel

They took the phone mast down on friday
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764205
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33
      4. What do these 2 men have in common69

See more discussions