Groups

Blackpool Illuminations

For those unfortunates who have never enjoyed the rich tapestry that is Blackpool during the illuminations you do not know what you are missing, especially the weekend with its firework displays, the sheer majesty and magnitude is awe inspiring .

The greatest free show in the UK

24 Comments

i am going tomorrow to see fireworks too =] x

What time are the lights switched on, and what time are the fireworks please?

The only time to go is when the lights are on - 'cos it's dark and you cannot see "the rich tapestry that is Blackpool".

I have never been to Blackpool xxxx

Hope everyone there enjoys it xxx

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;6386701

What time are the lights switched on, and what time are the fireworks … What time are the lights switched on, and what time are the fireworks please?

Lights are switched on about 8:30 ish with the fireworks beginning around 9 ish. .. enjoy:thumbsup:

Cotterpin;6386767

The only time to go is when the lights are on - 'cos it's dark and you … The only time to go is when the lights are on - 'cos it's dark and you cannot see "the rich tapestry that is Blackpool".

There speaks one of the grockles who grab a bag of chips or a burger, half eat it and throw the rest on the pavement then complain about Blackpool being a mess. :x

Was in Blackpool last week, loved the illuinations, missed the fireworks but will definately be going back in September again :-D

In all fairness, i live 7 miles away and was there on Friday, it is a dump, but i love the place All the cheesiness etc
    We waited till 7.30pm for the lights but babes was getting fed up then, we had been there since 10am!

I live 8 miles away... haven't been to the lights for over 20 years.. maybe I should give it a go..

Do you work for the Blackpool tourist board by any chance MikeL

got a two night stay planned for October half term for OH me and 2 13 girls-really looking forward to it!!

i thought fireworks where 7.30 am going with two young kids on train :O

MikeL;6386861

There speaks one of the grockles who grab a bag of chips or a burger, … There speaks one of the grockles who grab a bag of chips or a burger, half eat it and throw the rest on the pavement then complain about Blackpool being a mess. :x

Nope - not me. But you've correctly identified one of the 100 reasons why it's on my 'never again' list. Now for the other 99 ....

oh we go there every year (we try to) ony a 20 min ride

Lulu'sMammy;6386927

In all fairness, i live 7 miles away and was there on Friday, it is a … In all fairness, i live 7 miles away and was there on Friday, it is a dump, but i love the place All the cheesiness etc :)We waited till 7.30pm for the lights but babes was getting fed up then, we had been there since 10am!

oh i dont think im that far from you !!

aah96;6387386

oh i dont think im that far from you !!

Where are you?

MikeL;6386861

Lights are switched on about 8:30 ish with the fireworks beginning around … Lights are switched on about 8:30 ish with the fireworks beginning around 9 ish. .. enjoy:thumbsup:There speaks one of the grockles who grab a bag of chips or a burger, half eat it and throw the rest on the pavement then complain about Blackpool being a mess. :x

I thought the fireworks were when they switched them off near bonfire night :? Am I gonna be going on the wrong day

fireheaven;6387531

I thought the fireworks were when they switched them off near bonfire … I thought the fireworks were when they switched them off near bonfire night :? Am I gonna be going on the wrong day

i think some people have already seen them

how are you ? ? x x

aah96;6387558

i think some people have already seen them how are you ? ? x x

What?? this year :? I think I have got mixed up with my dates lol

I am ok just trying to keep my boy from being suspended from school :x

Will prob pop over this weekend if you are about :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Goonieman;6386972

Do you work for the Blackpool tourist board by any chance MikeL

Nope ........ but in the present economic climate you never know;-)

I would love to take my kids to see the lights, however the drunk stag and hen doos, people being sick and tied to lamp posts naked somewhat puts me off Blackpool , unless its changed recenty

deanos;6388105

I would love to take my kids to see the lights, however the drunk stag … I would love to take my kids to see the lights, however the drunk stag and hen doos, people being sick and tied to lamp posts naked somewhat puts me off Blackpool , unless its changed recenty

That's not something i've noticed when driving through the illuminations,maybe i'm looking at the wrong things:p

fireheaven;6388125

Lol its not changed but that's all part of it. The kids love laughing at … Lol its not changed but that's all part of it. The kids love laughing at the drunks :w00t:

Yeah im sure my 2 and 6 year old would love seing drunk yobs who dont give a dam about anyone else, no thanks i would rather stay away from the hell hole.

Shame really as it could be such a nice place if they got rid of the stag and hens

I might give it ago when my youngest gets to 5 or 6 i think they would love it, but i wouldnt liike to take them at the minute as they are too young to see the other things going on

Do they still have all those food joints along the prom selling food for £1

I don't know what things you see when driving through the illuminations but i can't say as i've noticed much debauchery and i've been loads of times!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon prime subscribe & save47
      2. Tooth extraction88
      3. Decent Mp3 Player?33
      4. Box Nation44

See more discussions