Groups

Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Decided To Visit Blackpool Today - So Went Along To the Pleasure Beach But Instead Of Getting In Free - Where You Would Then Buy Tickets For the Rides Etc....If You Wanted To Ride The Rollercoasters - It Now Costs £5 Per Person To Get In.

Is It Me Or Is Everything Getting Expensive - Whatever Happened To The Free Or Cheap Days Out!

22 Comments

mod

What do you get for your £5?

What its £5 to get in the place then you have to also pay for the rides?

Explain what you paid the £5 for ?

i heard years ago that the pleasure beach was going bankrupt...all the rides were owned by individuals and they were closing the rides cos they couldnt afford the ground rent on them...perhaps this is the way they intend getting round it?

I could be wrong but i think i paid £7 to get in last year. That was around August 08.

mod

Come on, tell u what you actually get for your fiver before we can decide whether it's a rip off or not

Does that sort of typing happen automatically or do you have to do it yourself?

andywedge;4517862

Come on, tell u what you actually get for your fiver before we can decide … Come on, tell u what you actually get for your fiver before we can decide whether it's a rip off or not

Probably gone to bed why bother :thinking:

was there last march and it was a one off payment to get in and then all rides were free-think it was about 17 quid-do they not do this anymore then?

barky;4517950

was there last march and it was a one off payment to get in and then all … was there last march and it was a one off payment to get in and then all rides were free-think it was about 17 quid-do they not do this anymore then?

i think they still do the wristbands, but its generally free to go in to have a wander round

it's not free to enter any more, they've probably done it to keep loitering chavs out

They started this recently, they were planning on making it more expensive to get in, but they had a lot of people campaigning against it, especially people who took their grandkids, and weren't going to do anything there themselves

blackpoolgazette.co.uk/bla….jp

Mooshooes;4517965

it's not free to enter any more, they've probably done it to keep … it's not free to enter any more, they've probably done it to keep loitering chavs out

So you think they are now charging £5 to get in just to keep the chavs out no way more like a nice tidy sum at the end of the day £5 + 1000 ? = £5000

I think it's fair anyway.. i wouldn't want people walking around all day on my property/land for nothing. You pay more than £5 to park your car.

Original Poster

Sorry I just went to make a cuppa!

You can't get into the park free anymore - you have to pay a minimum of £5 and that gives you, wait for it:-

'Entitles you to enjoy the ambience of the park, ride on the Pleasure Beach Express, Chinese Puzzle Maze, South Beach Show and our new Spectacular Dancing Water Show'.

It's that or buy the wrist band!!!

See link: blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/sho…php

Original Poster

scrumpypaul;4517870

Does that sort of typing happen automatically or do you have to do it … Does that sort of typing happen automatically or do you have to do it yourself?

It's automatically done by my fingers he! he! :roll:

mod

Ok.
    Yup, rip off.

Mooshooes;4518023

I think it's fair anyway.. i wouldn't want people walking around all day … I think it's fair anyway.. i wouldn't want people walking around all day on my property/land for nothing. You pay more than £5 to park your car.

People that get in for free are more likely to spend the extra £10-£15 on rides, stalls, food, etc etc than they would if they also had to pay a fiver just to get in thinking it was a rip off and not spend anymore. Also if you add up the £5 to park and then a extra £5 to get in it also makes people think again about spending any more money.

southport did this charged you for looking round now its none existent anymore its closed

waterloo;4517809

Explain what you paid the £5 for ?

Me and a few mates were stood near the entrance and some people were actually naive enough to give us £5 each to "get in" :thumbsup:

Original Poster

So remember! Anyone looking to go to Blackpool Pleasure Beach in the near future thinking it will be free to get in - make sure you have an extra £5 handy and that's per person unless of course you are thinking of buying a wristband anyway otherwise you will be disappointed!

linw;4518371

southport did this charged you for looking round now its none existent … southport did this charged you for looking round now its none existent anymore its closed

Exactly, and Southport was OWNED by BPB, so they know what happens when they do it. £5 just to get in, to see if there is any rides you want to go on before getting a wristband, is just a rip off. Probably think they can get away with it, as Blackpool is a more popular place. BPB also owned Frontierland, at Morecambe, also now demolished and a supermarket.

Actually, what happened to the good old pay per ride style fair, like the good old days, not these mini theme park style ones.

I'm still annoyed they knocked down Rhyl fair to build an Asda :x

What is happening with our traditional seaside town fairs, and piers come to that. T'is sad
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…56
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon11
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391111
      4. win a hamper - orbit homes - kent commuter mag88

See more discussions