Blackpool Valalla 2011 refurbishment ride question

Found 14th JunEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
Hi, propably a bit of a geeky question but was on Wikipedia reading about the Valhalla ride at Blackpool when I came across this part on Wikipedia about its refurbishment in 2011-12 below en.m.wikipedia.org/wik…ch)

From Wikipedia.....
( Valhalla was closed towards the end of the 2011 season to undergo a major refurbishment; The structure used to hold the facade had begun to decay, some of the facade had eroded too much and the old parts of the big one track used needed to be replaced.This meant a new facade had to be constructed. )

I am mainly interested in this part from Wikipedia ( and the old parts of the big one track used needed to be replaced. ) How and why would they use part of the Pepsi Max track in building Valhalla in the first place?, also as Valhalla was constructed in 1999 and Pepsi Max in 1994, why would they have old parts of the Pepsi Max track just 5 to 6 years later that they could use in the construction of Valhalla?

As I said bit of a geeky question but just interested in the ride itself. especially as it is such a great ride, if it was not for Valhalla I would not bother going these days.
Community Updates
Ask
3 Comments
Yes it is an amazing ride, I’m going this weekend actually! Going to try out the new Icon.
No9Dream36 m ago

Yes it is an amazing ride, I’m going this weekend actually! Going to try o …Yes it is an amazing ride, I’m going this weekend actually! Going to try out the new Icon.

I was there Tuesday, no problem riding the big one, and rollercoaster etc, but I bottled the icon, don't know why just did not like the way it accelerated over the first hill, one of the main issue for me was that it was only running 1 train so there was a queue vthat gave me more time to think about it, the only thing with Blackpool now is that they regularly run the rides with 1 train, as it is not pay per ride there is no motivation for them to have a quick turn around on the rides. When it used to cost £4.50 a go for the Pepsi max\big one you could guarantee they soon ran 3 trains. Don't get me wrong I love the pleasure beach but do think a lot of the queues could be halved by running the extra trains.
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 14th Jun
The big one accelerates faster down than icons up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants