Expired

Blacks Guaranteed Price Match - Not!

Found 23rd Dec 2013
Want to buy Salomon walking trainers to replace my current pair. Go outdoors selling them for £64.97 with their discount card but store collection only. Blacks selling them for £95 with home delivery but saw they had a guaranteed price match on their website so decided to give them a call. As soon as I mentioned the price match the guy I was talking to said he would have to speak to his 'manager' and put me on hold. He came back and told me they could not price match go outdoors as theirs was a sale price and they could only match the price they regularly sold at! After arguing for a bit I gave up and went to read the T&C's on the website. When I couldn't find anything about not matching sale prices in there I phoned them back only to be told this time they couldn't do it because go outdoors use a discount card and as such is not a regular price. Again I argued for a while that this wasn't in the T&C's but they wouldn't budge. I think this is pretty poor from a company such as Blacks and was wondering if I have any other avenues to try with them or should I just let it go. It just grieves me when they state on their website that "We'll Match Any Price" when obviously they won't. Sorry this has gone a bit War and Peace just wanted to put all the facts in. Has anyone else used Blacks price match or had a problem with it?
Community Updates
6 Comments
I understand your annoyance with there "price match promise" but why not just buy from Go Outdoors?
Nearest store with stock a long drive away (2hrs) and can't order these online or I would buy from Go Outdoors and Blacks do next day home delivery.
if you link me to the pair you want, I will have a browse around for you and see if there is anywhere else at the lower price doing delivery
They don't have to honour any price, if they won't do it, just move on!
hukdealz

if you link me to the pair you want, I will have a browse around for you … if you link me to the pair you want, I will have a browse around for you and see if there is anywhere else at the lower price doing delivery

Hi hukdealz. Thanks for the offer. The link below is for the pair I saw at Go Outdoors. I'm looking for blue in a size 8.Cheapest I've found in this colour is about £92.
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/salamon-xa-pro-3d-ultra-2-gtx-p213670
Hope this works, first time I've used the reply link.
I have just been to Blacks at Brent Cross to buy a North Face Triclimate jacket and they didn't even want to match their own website price. Not impressed at all. NO SALE!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions