Blink XT2 batteries

Posted 3rd Dec
Hi all can anybody recommend me either re-chargeable or different batteries at a cheaper price that will still give me the great battery life which the energiser lithium 1.5V do please for The Blink camera system
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Wouldn't think it is worth it. The general consensus is that the Energisers are the best.

You could try rechargeables but the cost will be high and the drain rate might mean you're replacing them every 2-3 months.
Verbal.Kint03/12/2019 10:29

Wouldn't think it is worth it. The general consensus is that the …Wouldn't think it is worth it. The general consensus is that the Energisers are the best.You could try rechargeables but the cost will be high and the drain rate might mean you're replacing them every 2-3 months.

Definitely go with the Energisers, rechargeables will drain very quickly in the cold weather.

I'm 18 months in with the same set of Energiser Lithiums.
fraserfresher03/12/2019 10:36

Definitely go with the Energisers, rechargeables will drain very quickly …Definitely go with the Energisers, rechargeables will drain very quickly in the cold weather.I'm 18 months in with the same set of Energiser Lithiums.

Is this with high usage ?

The one thing that currently concerns me is from what I understand of the settings I can set a certain time for recording when the camera spot spot motion but then there is an interval time so after let’s say 15 seconds from detecting motion it then won’t record again for 10 seconds of the minimum is that correct because ultimately if I have somebody in my back garden breaking into my shed and it records 15 seconds after those 15 seconds there are 10 seconds with no footage?
High usage will depend on how you set it up, obviously setting the capture area to include a busy road or pavement will trigger recordings non-stop. Best to experiment by setting active zones in the field of view. Other drain factors will be on settings such as sensitivity, re-trigger, audio and video quality.

You can set the camera to record clips up to 60 seconds and with a minimum re-trigger of 10 secs.

Ultimately you don't want footage of the whole break-in, you want enough to identify the b's to print wanted posters all over town and social media. Good luck on the police being interested.

And of course there is the solar panel option
Edited by: "Verbal.Kint" 3rd Dec
Verbal.Kint03/12/2019 12:33

High usage will depend on how you set it up, obviously setting the capture …High usage will depend on how you set it up, obviously setting the capture area to include a busy road or pavement will trigger recordings non-stop. Best to experiment by setting active zones in the field of view. Other drain factors will be on settings such as sensitivity, re-trigger, audio and video quality.You can set the camera to record clips up to 60 seconds and with a minimum re-trigger of 10 secs.Ultimately you don't want footage of the whole break-in, you want enough to identify the b's to print wanted posters all over town and social media. Good luck on the police being interested.And of course there is the solar panel option

I am the police

Thanks for the advice, I have set up the active Zones, it’s mainly the front door that activates due to that door being the most used.
andyjp103/12/2019 12:37

I am the police

You have my praise, sympathies and frustration in equal measures.

Also be aware that PIR's work best in motion across the field hence why some captures with people walking directly towards get triggered late.
Edited by: "Verbal.Kint" 3rd Dec
Noted, thanks for your time
I use amazon or ikea rechargables in my XT cameras, get around 3-4 months use out of them in busy area before being need to swap. Not a huge issue for the money saved
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants